PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SINNOUT!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: SINNOUT!!  (Read 25087 times)

Jimmy

Re: SINNOUT!!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 11:45:29 PM »

As I said above,  not adverse to a change. But we can't have a situation like last time. We got relegated anyway and had to play catch up the following preseason. I genuinely don't know who's available whod fit the bill
It is worth the risk of trying someone else  maybe they won't fit the bill but if the club is ran aswell as we say they will make the correct choice

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 11:46:38 PM »

True, but I'd like to know what cards are in the pack before shouting stick or twist, we'd probably end up with graham Heathcote back, again. Gary Lowe out of the game too long and never managed a conference club. Anyone of reasonable pedigree seems to be in a job. A young up and coming manager is a nice thought, but we haven't time for that. Should we, for arguments sake, lose our next four games. We can't give someone ten games to get their head around it. They'd have to be straight in, have a plan, have players in mind, and implement them immediately

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 11:49:01 PM »

I think that arguement is a cop out

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 11:51:11 PM »

I agree Jimmy but reckon that would be Rowley's excuse too.

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 11:51:54 PM »

True, but I'd like to know what cards are in the pack before shouting stick or twist, we'd probably end up with graham Heathcote back, again. Gary Lowe out of the game too long and never managed a conference club. Anyone of reasonable pedigree seems to be in a job. A young up and coming manager is a nice thought, but we haven't time for that. Should we, for arguments sake, lose our next four games. We can't give someone ten games to get their head around it. They'd have to be straight in, have a plan, have players in mind, and implement them immediately
It can't be delayed any longer....the new man would need to be very active during the January window. But as you say Pete, there's nobody of proven pedigree out there right now.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 11:55:29 PM »

Why isn't there anyone proven, who do you know would apply?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 12:00:43 AM »

I'm not saying nobody would apply, I'm asking who, is currently available that would have the right credentials, to work part time, and keep a semi pro side up, and have the correct contacts etc to make the required changes? Im not saying keep or sack the manager, However this horror run of games leading in to December may leave us no choice but to make a change.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 12:34:03 AM »

They should ask you, you've wanted him out for 3 years, so should have an insite in to it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 12:48:20 AM »

Don't round on me for proffering a question, you've not answered my initial question, and we're ten posts further on..

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 12:59:44 AM »

absolutely sh*te SINNOUT

GB Alty

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 01:19:13 AM »

Its not your job to know who is or isn't available though pete, thats a job for the board.
Spot on

brian1925

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 08:37:33 AM »

Petrocelli is absolutely correct. Appointing a new manager at this stage of the season is easier said than done and even if the board were open to the idea they'd be faced with enormous obstacles, not least financial ones.
Marcos Bignot at Solihull would be my shout. He has overachieved at Moors for years, but I just can't see it happening. The money might be better off spent on bringing in a couple of fresh faces on the playing front.
I think my opinion might be a little different had I attended the previous two games though..

LymmRobin

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »

Went last night as I couldn't go on Sunday.  It was a truly woeful game.  Telford slowed the game down after scoring in the 25th minute!   Even after putting the game beyond our reach, they continued with their time wasting and play acting which went unpunished by the spineless referee.  They will (and deserve to be) relegated for playing such a negative style of football.  How their fans put up with watching that every week is beyond me.  But, let's remember, this was the team to which we lost!  From the kick off, which was a long weak punt straight to their keeper, we looked sluggish. There was no movement whatsoever and our passing, especially in the final third, was abysmal.  We were slow and weak when in possession and when we did manage to cross from wide areas, there was no-one in the box.  Perry was inert, Gillespie was inept.  Reeves seemed to be in a particular sulky mood the whole evening and didn't appear to be bothered when he ought to have scored late in the game.  For all of this, I blame the management team.  To be fair to him, Lee has achieved what he set out to do - get us promoted.  But he clearly had no idea what to do after that and is now out of his depth.  He should step aside whilst he still has some dignity and give someone else the opportunity to keep us up in this league.  My shout would be Mark Bower, but I doubt whether we could  tempt him away from Guiseley.  If everyone at Alty wants to stay in this league, (and that may not be the case) then the management personnel needs to change before Christmas. 

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 11:22:28 AM »

Maybe Reeves looked fed up because he'd been left out of one of our key games that could define our fate this season and in a game following one of the worst days the clubs had in years, which makes the decision to drop him even worse in my view.

Surely Sinnott must have realised that yesterday was a day to give the fans a performance to help at least start the rebuilding after Sunday. And yet he leaves out our best player for a player who's scored once all season and played just a handful of games????? Can anybody understand this

If I was Reeves I'd have been fed up being on the bench yesterday whilst watching some of the others stealing a living....

Hamilton

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 11:57:25 AM »

.  If everyone at Alty wants to stay in this league, (and that may not be the case) then the management personnel needs to change before Christmas. 

This could be surprisingly perceptive. I wonder if 1 or 2 may be out of their comfort level.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SINNOUT!!