News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The real reason why we lost.....

Author Topic: The real reason why we lost.....  (Read 3333 times)

VofD

« on: November 11, 2014, 10:31:15 PM »

we did not have poppies on our shirts, whilst Blyth and many, many other teams did. And considering that at the outbreak of WW1, the former Chapel Street ( off Regent Road) was dubbed by King George V as " Britain's bravest street" because so many men volunteered,I find it strange that we did not have poppies on the shirts. :( :(

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The real reason why we lost.....
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:46:25 PM »

Good point. We should have had poppies on the shirt in respect to the fallen.

arnald

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:54:57 PM »

every one in the ground respected the fallen some had popies some
didnt

arnald

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 11:17:09 PM »

every one in the ground respected the fallen some had popies some
didnt
as for you vofd it was the most brave street in England
there is a plak on the old grapes pub of the deaths

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 11:26:12 PM »

You don't wear poppies on shirts, you wear them on overcoats.  Or t a pinch on suit jackets.  But this habit nowadays for people to wear poppies on tee shirts or jumpers or sporting wear is simply wrong and blind following of some kind of peer pressure.

Having said that, the observance of the silence at Blyth on Sunday was impeccable, and moving.  That is the right way to respect the fallen.

arnald

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »

You don't wear poppies on shirts, you wear them on overcoats.  Or t a pinch on suit jackets.  But this habit nowadays for people to wear poppies on tee shirts or jumpers or sporting wear is simply wrong and blind following of some kind of peer pressure.

Having said that, the observance of the silence at Blyth on Sunday was impeccable, and moving.  That is the right way to respect the fallen.
  good post  I did feel the respect that day also , god bless the fallen

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »

Whilst we're on the subject of the shirts, why the hell couldn't we play in our home kit?

I get that both teams wear striped shirts, however theirs is predominantly green, and ours is predominantly red. Taken together with the shorts, you couldn't glance at them and get confused.

On the highlights in the clubhouse at half time, I noticed much worse clashes on the Saturday.

Not putting up any more excuses for our lot, but I just think you should only change when you absolutely have to. I know the decision probably isn't the club's, but still - I hate having to wear yellow (tbh I liked the aquamarine...)

Alty Rock God

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »

Whilst we're on the subject of the shirts, why the hell couldn't we play in our home kit?

I get that both teams wear striped shirts, however theirs is predominantly green, and ours is predominantly red. Taken together with the shorts, you couldn't glance at them and get confused.

On the highlights in the clubhouse at half time, I noticed much worse clashes on the Saturday.

Not putting up any more excuses for our lot, but I just think you should only change when you absolutely have to. I know the decision probably isn't the club's, but still - I hate having to wear yellow (tbh I liked the aquamarine...)

Maybe for colourblind people?  I'd struggle to tell at a quick glance, so the bigger contrast the better.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 04:17:26 PM »

we did not have poppies on our shirts, whilst Blyth and many, many other teams did. And considering that at the outbreak of WW1, the former Chapel Street ( off Regent Road) was dubbed by King George V as " Britain's bravest street" because so many men volunteered,I find it strange that we did not have poppies on the shirts. :( :(

Then they could have sold them and got momey for the club and a charity
@AltyDaz
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team