PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How will SINNOUT defend that performance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How will SINNOUT defend that performance  (Read 17478 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How will SINNOUT defend that performance
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2014, 01:20:59 AM »

Whatever the reasons, team, players or both, it isn't working on a consistent basis.

We used to go into cup games against higher league opposition actually expecting to win, now we half expect to lose against lower league opposition.

Blyth were not that good, we are a far better footballing side than them, but that's feck all use if there is no passion and hard graft. We made them look good.

Gutted.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 07:10:01 AM »

Whatever the reasons, team, players or both, it isn't working on a consistent basis.

We used to go into cup games against higher league opposition actually expecting to win, now we half expect to lose against lower league opposition.

Blyth were not that good, we are a far better footballing side than them, but that's feck all use if there is no passion and hard graft. We made them look good.

Gutted.
on the day they outclassed and out fought us 4 - 1 was only half the story they could have had 6 or 7
ParkINson's red and white army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2014, 09:18:11 AM »

The Blyth manager should be bollocking his players at tomorrow night's training session. If they can play like that what on earth are they doing in the lower reaches of the Evo-Stik League? The had attitiude, commitment, defensive ability and finishing, all things Altrincham lacked yesterday.

Giving away the penalty was unforgivable. Not capatilisng when we got on top after they'd settled down in the first half was unbelievable. I don't think the Blyth Spartans goalkeeper was forced into a proper save all game. Oh yes, I remember, from the free kick that he parried and no Altrincham player was quick-thinking enough to knock in the rebound. I've not read the report so I don't know why Williams went off, but that was a mistake. If Perry had to come on at all it should have been in place of Reeves.

Altrincham have no excuses. It wasn't even a hostile place to go. Nice ground, nice people, good pitch. I know what happens in FA Cup games and I know on the day anyone can beat anyone. Play well and lose I can accept. Being thoroughly dismantled in the second half by a team two divisions below I cannot.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 09:31:32 AM »

The Blyth manager should be bollocking his players at tomorrow night's training session. If they can play like that what on earth are they doing in the lower reaches of the Evo-Stik League? The had attitiude, commitment, defensive ability and finishing, all things Altrincham lacked yesterday.

Giving away the penalty was unforgivable. Not capatilisng when we got on top after they'd settled down in the first half was unbelievable. I don't think the Blyth Spartans goalkeeper was forced into a proper save all game. Oh yes, I remember, from the free kick that he parried and no Altrincham player was quick-thinking enough to knock in the rebound. I've not read the report so I don't know why Williams went off, but that was a mistake. If Perry had to come on at all it should have been in place of Reeves.

Altrincham have no excuses. It wasn't even a hostile place to go. Nice ground, nice people, good pitch. I know what happens in FA Cup games and I know on the day anyone can beat anyone. Play well and lose I can accept. Being thoroughly dismantled in the second half by a team two divisions below I cannot.
great post
ParkINson's red and white army

roytonmike

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 10:16:20 AM »

I thought I might feel better after a night's sleep, but I don't. The management must carry the can for the formation because it was totally wrong. By all accounts the format at Lincoln had been a back four with Densmore at right-back; why on earth this was changed only Messrs. Sinnott & Tolson know. Our players are bears of comparatively little brain - if they weren't they'd be playing at a higher level. To ask them to operate two different defensive formations at short notice is unrealistic. Densmore was pushed up from the kick-off into what was effectively a midfield five, leaving a huge hole where a full-back should be. Blyth were aware of this & outflanked the back three by playing with pace and ball on ground down their left wing. The penalty was waiting to happen, & if Blyth were anything more than an NPL side in a somewhat false position they would have been out of sight in half an hour. The personnel were there, but the formation should have reverted to the back four as soon as we went one down.
Motivation is another issue. Blyth showed more desire, more passion, & thoroughly deserved their win. Motivation comes both from within & without - the blame has to be shared between management & players on this one.
Having watched the first half from the end we were defending, I have to say that Coburn risks turning indecision into an art form at times. I fear we may be reaching the end of a legendary road. The defence was betrayed by the system, but one home fan summed up the position accurately with the comment that 'if Blyth play the ball on the ground past the no. 16 (Marshall), they'll win easy'. The midfield was non-existent; Griffin did well enough from a defensive perspective in the Clee role but carries no threat going forward, & he was for me the best of a bad bunch. Moult over-hits passes with monotonous regularity; Williams ran about (literally in circles a couple of times) but with no end product; Richman is not a 'wide right midfield' player, & Densmore shouldn't have been there. Attack-wise, Reeves was barely in the game & Lawrie was frankly poor. Perry did all that could have been expected of him.
As I say, I thought a night's sleep might help - but it didn't. I fear the two games this week will yield nothing, in the aftermath of this abject non-performance. Wheeling & dealing in January is going to be vital - between now & then a lot of people (management and players) should be looking in the mirror & asking themselves a few questions. Fans spent a lot of good money yesterday & will be entitled to feel totally let down - I certainly do, & will be reviewing my plans for away trips accordingly. 

eightiesrobin

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »

The Coburn road ended months ago IMO.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »

I thought I might feel better after a night's sleep, but I don't. The management must carry the can for the formation because it was totally wrong. By all accounts the format at Lincoln had been a back four with Densmore at right-back; why on earth this was changed only Messrs. Sinnott & Tolson know. Our players are bears of comparatively little brain - if they weren't they'd be playing at a higher level. To ask them to operate two different defensive formations at short notice is unrealistic. Densmore was pushed up from the kick-off into what was effectively a midfield five, leaving a huge hole where a full-back should be. Blyth were aware of this & outflanked the back three by playing with pace and ball on ground down their left wing. The penalty was waiting to happen, & if Blyth were anything more than an NPL side in a somewhat false position they would have been out of sight in half an hour. The personnel were there, but the formation should have reverted to the back four as soon as we went one down.
Motivation is another issue. Blyth showed more desire, more passion, & thoroughly deserved their win. Motivation comes both from within & without - the blame has to be shared between management & players on this one.
Having watched the first half from the end we were defending, I have to say that Coburn risks turning indecision into an art form at times. I fear we may be reaching the end of a legendary road. The defence was betrayed by the system, but one home fan summed up the position accurately with the comment that 'if Blyth play the ball on the ground past the no. 16 (Marshall), they'll win easy'. The midfield was non-existent; Griffin did well enough from a defensive perspective in the Clee role but carries no threat going forward, & he was for me the best of a bad bunch. Moult over-hits passes with monotonous regularity; Williams ran about (literally in circles a couple of times) but with no end product; Richman is not a 'wide right midfield' player, & Densmore shouldn't have been there. Attack-wise, Reeves was barely in the game & Lawrie was frankly poor. Perry did all that could have been expected of him.
As I say, I thought a night's sleep might help - but it didn't. I fear the two games this week will yield nothing, in the aftermath of this abject non-performance. Wheeling & dealing in January is going to be vital - between now & then a lot of people (management and players) should be looking in the mirror & asking themselves a few questions. Fans spent a lot of good money yesterday & will be entitled to feel totally let down - I certainly do, & will be reviewing my plans for away trips accordingly. 

Good post, sums up yesterday well

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »

excellent post

York Alty

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »

Among all the recriminations and the aftermath of that fu*king sh1te  performance I want to say well done to Blyth.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »

I was stood outside the ground after the final whistle and could hear the Spartans fans singing their hearts out, and I suddenly knew how the Sheffield United fans felt that wonderful evening at Moss Lane

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »

I was stood outside the ground after the final whistle and could hear the Spartans fans singing their hearts out, and I suddenly knew how the Sheffield United fans felt that wonderful evening at Moss Lane

That seems even longer ago than it was now MG. That spirit and determination feels like a thing of the long distant past.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How will SINNOUT defend that performance