PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How will SINNOUT defend that performance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How will SINNOUT defend that performance  (Read 17482 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How will SINNOUT defend that performance
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »

Can't comment on the game, I wasn't there.

I think I've settled on the idea that Sinnott is an okay manager. He does well in some situations, he doesn't in others. He brings in some good players (Walshaw basically got us promoted), but he also brings in some donkeys (Ryan Brooke?). Arguably he should have taken us up a season earlier, but we improved year on year and did eventually get promoted. It's not unusual for clubs too big for their level to get stuck there for 5 or even 10 years. So at least we can give him his dues for that.

As for today...I don't know whether the problem today was tactics, formation, tiredness (we played away midweek, they rested) or what. But if it appeared to be fight and motivation, surely that's down to the players? Win against Blyth and they're one game away from Old Trafford or Anfield. These blokes aren't imbeciles - if they can't be arsed putting a shift in up at some ramshackle ground because they can't make the connection that they might play in front of 40,000+ and earn the club hundreds of thousands in the process, then what can Sinnott do? He's not a baby-sitter. He's a football manager of grown men.

I'm not sure this idea that the players should be able to motivate themselves is relevant.

I agree that you'd hope they'd be up for a game like this, but it's obvious that they aren't. The buck stops with the manager and he's ultimately responsible for the attitude of the players. If he can't get them in the right mindset he's failed.

This is why we have a manager, if players could motivate and organise themselves we wouldn't need to employ one!
[/quote I I do think that the players have a lot to answer for but still he selects players that aren't up to the task, knowing the tempo will be high and past knowledge that Blyth are tough do you start Lawrie, most talented player we have but the answer for me is no. Now going back to baby sitting the players, I agree partially to that but when do Alty come out flying nowadays? I use Graham Heathcote as my example because he was around for the majority of my supporting years. Graham didnt often have the most talented players to manager but he had them fighting, other teams knew they played us. We battled, we got stuck in and we had heart, this is what Sinnot doesn't put into the players, numerous times he makes ridiculous and baffling decisions.  We are too honest which sounds weird but we aren't clever at all in tactics, we are soft ( no wonder we wond most fair play award a couple of seasons back, as we don't get stuck in). Football is not just about talent, it is being mentally prepared and Sinnott hasn't got that ability as a manager, never doubted his ability to see a good footballer apart from some obvious selections like Brooke, Perry, Marshall and a few others. For me he just doesn't get them up for it and that's half the battle and when it's going wrong he doesn't change it or maybe he doesn't see it! This is why I feel the manager has  a lot to answer for, any decent manager with this current team would write down Leather and Havern centre back no matter what and injury to others. He makes far too many basic mistakes!]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:36:08 PM by oneedham »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »

Too add to my previous post, the trully shocking performances under Sinnott have been against teams in lower divisons or teams right at the bottom, this is a clear indication of teams raising their game against us and we just don't match it! I saw more passion in the Warrington manager in 5 minutes than Sinnott in how many years. Never will be an Alty manager for me and I've said it from day one. Yes he got us promoted and it was amazing experience but that league is bloody awful!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 08:46:37 PM »

I know we don't know what goes on inside the dressing room, but can anyone actually imagine being inspired by a Sinnott team talk?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »

It's so obvious he doesn't get them up for it! Jeeze we are going around in small circles. I keep repeating myself but the Warrington manager and performance is my comparison, I just knew we'd get battered today. We don't turn up, get rid!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »

The team performances in the cup games are a reflection of Lee dour personality. Totally passionless. Getting seriously fed up with watching this alty team.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »

I was so excited about the Macc performance and then spoke to my Macc fan mate after the game and he said if that's one of your best performances over recent years then you really are sh*t. I thought about it and even though it was a great performance, it was better because us fans don't get our money's worth each week out of this current team and management! Should be ashamed of some of the performances

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »

I know people like to make Sinnott a scapegoat (understandable, he is manager), but today had nothing to do with tactics,formations etc. We lost today because the players didn't put a shift in. If you're not motivated for ANY FA Cup tie,you shouldn't be playing football. The players IMO get away lightly from flak, and for a change I think they should put hands up and apologise to Sinnott, Tolson and the fans.

For me this was worse than Trafford. There we expected to just turn up and win. Today we knew what to expect and the management will have drilled into them what they needed to do. To start off him we did was speechless.

I do expect a showing at Telford, they owe us big time for today.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »

I'm sorry but I've said this before... The guy doesn't travel on the team coach and lives on the other side of the country. Its no wonder half the fkn team can't get up for a cup match.

He should be on that coach EVERY game geeing the lads up

LS???? Not for me

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2014, 09:55:43 PM »

I know people like to make Sinnott a scapegoat (understandable, he is manager), but today had nothing to do with tactics,formations etc. We lost today because the players didn't put a shift in. If you're not motivated for ANY FA Cup tie,you shouldn't be playing football. The players IMO get away lightly from flak, and for a change I think they should put hands up and apologise to Sinnott, Tolson and the fans.

For me this was worse than Trafford. There we expected to just turn up and win. Today we knew what to expect and the management will have drilled into them what they needed to do. To start off him we did was speechless.

I do expect a showing at Telford, they owe us big time for today.

I can't agree. We know from past experience that a lot of the players don't have the stomach and mental strength in cup games, so it's up to sinnott to find some that have. This crop can produce the occasional performance but when it's down to who's going to fight hardest they lose every time. They'll probably win on Tuesday, but Id have rather seen us bust a gut for the fans that travelled down in big numbers today.  

eightiesrobin

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2014, 09:57:39 PM »

I'm sorry but I've said this before... The guy doesn't travel on the team coach and lives on the other side of the country. Its no wonder half the fkn team can't get up for a cup match.

He should be on that coach EVERY game geeing the lads up

LS???? Not for me

I did not know that.

jockeyalty

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2014, 10:00:16 PM »

Indeed. Motivation is a key factor. Part of the job of a manager is to motivate the team pre match and the captain sets the example for motivating the players pre match too. For an F A Cup tie I find it impossible to believe that any footballer would actually need motivating. Once on the pitch the manager should display positive body language at all times no matter how many things are going right or wrong. Human beings respond to encouragement . Shaun Reid set the scene for Warrington's win against Exeter. A fantastic motivational performance by the manager and backed by the gutsiest effort by his players. They put every last ounce of effort into their F A Cup tie. Sadly I don't think the same can be said for many of our team tonight. And whatever the result had been that is the one thing our loyal supporters who travel miles and spend good money deserve. The supporters need to be shown due respect.    

VofD

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2014, 10:12:25 PM »

Indeed. Motivation is a key factor. Part of the job of a manager is to motivate the team pre match and the captain sets the example for motivating the players pre match too. For an F A Cup tie I find it impossible to believe that any footballer would actually need motivating. Once on the pitch the manager should display positive body language at all times no matter how many things are going right or wrong. Human beings respond to encouragement . Shaun Reid set the scene for Warrington's win against Exeter. A fantastic motivational performance by the manager and backed by the gutsiest effort by his players. They put every last ounce of effort into their F A Cup tie. Sadly I don't think the same can be said for many of our team tonight. And whatever the result had been that is the one thing our loyal supporters who travel miles and spend good money deserve. The supporters need to be shown due respect.    

Shaun Reid for LS anyone?

arnald

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »

Shaun Reid can stay well away from alty no from me

markecky

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2014, 11:08:48 PM »

As great as it was to watch Shaun Reid and his jumping up and down and great result he should be asking why his players aren't doing that consistently in the league or in the FA trophy for him.

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »

I'm not knocking Sinnott today he picked the right team the players were a discrace they wanted it we didn't maybe Sinnott should motivate them more but Jesus these players been around enough
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How will SINNOUT defend that performance