PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How will SINNOUT defend that performance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How will SINNOUT defend that performance  (Read 17483 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How will SINNOUT defend that performance
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 05:20:01 PM »

The manager can't be blamed today,he gets enough heckling. he picked his strongest available team. The only thing the manager can be blamed for is not signing any warriors. A player of ours ducked our of two challenges first half, and you knew the game was up. We would have won that game with Val and eddie in the middle even at nearly 40 and nearly 50. Blyth beat us by doing what we did to league clubs for years.Weve no one one there with any real heart.  A watershed for this team today, after trafford last year and this today, can they really look the supporters in the eye? Theyve embaressed the club and town on national television.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 05:20:23 PM »

Can't comment on the game, I wasn't there.

I think I've settled on the idea that Sinnott is an okay manager. He does well in some situations, he doesn't in others. He brings in some good players (Walshaw basically got us promoted), but he also brings in some donkeys (Ryan Brooke?). Arguably he should have taken us up a season earlier, but we improved year on year and did eventually get promoted. It's not unusual for clubs too big for their level to get stuck there for 5 or even 10 years. So at least we can give him his dues for that.

As for today...I don't know whether the problem today was tactics, formation, tiredness (we played away midweek, they rested) or what. But if it appeared to be fight and motivation, surely that's down to the players? Win against Blyth and they're one game away from Old Trafford or Anfield. These blokes aren't imbeciles - if they can't be arsed putting a shift in up at some ramshackle ground because they can't make the connection that they might play in front of 40,000+ and earn the club hundreds of thousands in the process, then what can Sinnott do? He's not a baby-sitter. He's a football manager of grown men.

I'm not sure this idea that the players should be able to motivate themselves is relevant.

I agree that you'd hope they'd be up for a game like this, but it's obvious that they aren't. The buck stops with the manager and he's ultimately responsible for the attitude of the players. If he can't get them in the right mindset he's failed.

This is why we have a manager, if players could motivate and organise themselves we wouldn't need to employ one!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:22:53 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »

Can't comment on the game, I wasn't there.

I think I've settled on the idea that Sinnott is an okay manager. He does well in some situations, he doesn't in others. He brings in some good players (Walshaw basically got us promoted), but he also brings in some donkeys (Ryan Brooke?). Arguably he should have taken us up a season earlier, but we improved year on year and did eventually get promoted. It's not unusual for clubs too big for their level to get stuck there for 5 or even 10 years. So at least we can give him his dues for that.

As for today...I don't know whether the problem today was tactics, formation, tiredness (we played away midweek, they rested) or what. But if it appeared to be fight and motivation, surely that's down to the players? Win against Blyth and they're one game away from Old Trafford or Anfield. These blokes aren't imbeciles - if they can't be arsed putting a shift in up at some ramshackle ground because they can't make the connection that they might play in front of 40,000+ and earn the club hundreds of thousands in the process, then what can Sinnott do? He's not a baby-sitter. He's a football manager of grown men.

Very good post and one that sums up how i feel.

Add in to the bit about Old Trafford and Anfield though the fact it is one of the few times these players can actually earn a bonus.  So there is money and glory to be had.  That is what makes it even more baffling.

I thought the team and formation was right today with no Clee available and I agreed with bringing Stuarts experience back for a tie like this. 

The manager has to take some of the flack today and he will but for me both he and the supporters have been badly let down by the players today.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 05:36:20 PM »

Hear Hear, as ive said above, watershed for a few players today for me

eightiesrobin

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 05:39:54 PM »

Hear Hear, as ive said above, watershed for a few players today for me

In that case, he needs to do something about it. If he doesn't, then he's just as culpable.

brian1925

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »

Thankfully I couldn't go today.
Firstly, well played to Blyth, who sound like they played us off the park. I hope they do well in this competition, for they're what I would consider a proper non league club with a proud history.
As for who is to blame. I suppose the same debate is going on on the Coventry, Morecambe, Exeter etc. forums right now. Is it down to the manager? The players? Both? Are Blyth just bloody hard to beat at home? Is it just the cup?
In truth it's probably a bit of all these reasons and a few more besides. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but that's life - just got to get behind the team v Telford and Grimsby now and hope for at least 3 points. Knowing us we'll lose at Telford and then beat second placed Grimsby!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »

The players showed no fight or passion today and neither did Lee sinnott. Leant against that digout with a face like a slapped arse. Why wasn't he trying to motivate his players from the side? I'm sick of him and his team full of soft arses. So much wrong today, but the conclusion is that watching alty under Lee is becoming a drag.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 06:24:51 PM »

I hold the manager to account simply down to the fact that whenever Clee isn't fit then were buggered.. ask yourself why is that? Because he has never bothered to cover that position. We must be the only club that when we lose one player to injury were bloody knackered. We will get someone when its too bloody late

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 06:32:13 PM »

clee or watmore, the only creativity we have had for years and years.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 06:35:17 PM »

I am on holiday at the moment.........got texted with the news by my mate who has just seen his team beat Braintree 6 - 0.........a two division gap and what he expected - I did say earlier this was Alty - a team who never make the second round and at best I was hoping for a replay - he could not understand my pessimism saying you surely have the quality to beat Blyth don't you........just knew it
Oh well back to fundraising whilst Warrington make £100k in the next tie
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:44:56 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 07:03:11 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

brian1925

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »

Nicky didn't play at Lincoln though, so losing today can hardly put down to that! We conceded 4 goals which points a bit at the defence. What we probably need is a sort of utility player who can play at full back in the event of injury, so we don't have to break up the Luca/Scot partnership, though I doubt even that would have kept us in the cup today.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 07:35:28 PM »

I'm not LS's biggest fan but that was not down to him
(I'm assuming Williams was injured and had to come off The players have to take responsibity for that.)

utter sh*t from the lot
Full time and proud of it

Bath Alty

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 07:44:48 PM »

The 'tackle' by Luca on the third goal was not what we would normally expect from him and somewhat typical of the display from what they said on RR

Bath Alty

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »

If you can bear to watch.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29907378

just as predictable as us not showing up is the BBC accuracy - Densmore gave away the penalty???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How will SINNOUT defend that performance