PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flares a No-no!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flares a No-no!  (Read 5194 times)

GB Alty

Re: Flares a No-no!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 10:00:25 PM »

I see what your saying - maybe a more commercial outlook is required?

I thought you wanted more money put into the playing squad, not less.
that's not what I suggested

Do you know what a commercial outlook is?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »

On a slightly different tack why were there stewards from Oldham at the Braintree game?

When the number of our volunteers available on a certain day drops below a certain level ( or increased stewarding is needed ) we hire in stewards from other clubs like Stockport, United, Oldham or the away team.
was increased stewarding required for the Braintree game?

I wouldn't have thought so, would presume that the former part of the answer applies.

What I found quite amusing was the tall guy telling everyone to get behind the crash barriers at the away end, to be bluntly told "we've stood here for X amount of years" he walked to the lady steward who said "it's not worth it your not paid enough to deal with this" deal with what? He also loudly berated the fact his travelling expenses weren't paid.

Dearly me

markecky

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »

I would have thought it made the most commercial sense to use volunteers where possible, topped up by paid staff where circumstances force them to be used?

Is there a better way of doing it?

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »

I would have thought it made the most commercial sense to use volunteers where possible, topped up by paid staff where circumstances force them to be used?

Is there a better way of doing it?

not really

I would have the stewards sponsored
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:00:23 AM by Uday »

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »

On a slightly different tack why were there stewards from Oldham at the Braintree game?

When the number of our volunteers available on a certain day drops below a certain level ( or increased stewarding is needed ) we hire in stewards from other clubs like Stockport, United, Oldham or the away team.

I wouldn't have thought so, would presume that the former part of the answer applies.

What I found quite amusing was the tall guy telling everyone to get behind the crash barriers at the away end, to be bluntly told "we've stood here for X amount of years" he walked to the lady steward who said "it's not worth it your not paid enough to deal with this" deal with what? He also loudly berated the fact his travelling expenses weren't paid.

Dearly me

Watching from the camera gantry i found that quite amusing i also have pictures of them stood doing nothing,
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 11:48:53 PM »

Dearly me

Watching from the camera gantry i found that quite amusing i also have pictures of them stood doing nothing,

I actually like stewards to be stood around doing nothing though mate.  It either means no one is being a fiend or that they aren't mithering people who aren't doing anything.  Stewards should be seen any not heard, an important part of  a matchday but should be in the background. 

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 10:11:21 AM »

Dearly me

I actually like stewards to be stood around doing nothing though mate.  It either means no one is being a fiend or that they aren't mithering people who aren't doing anything.  Stewards should be seen any not heard, an important part of  a matchday but should be in the background.  

Doesn't normally bother me stewards stood doing nothing but when volunteer stewards are doing all the work and paid ones stood watching football as in the picture, Which i took second half £75 wasted.

@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flares a No-no!