PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Macclesfield match thread  (Read 32419 times)

Silkyman23

Re: Macclesfield match thread
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 11:27:44 PM »

We've had Bristol Rovers ( and a very angry Bristol Rovers at that) .

What is it with Bristol Rovers? We stayed up on the last day of the season (again) with a win there once. It was a meaningless game for them, but their fans reacted by invading the pitch, chucking stones at us and a couple tried to start scraps with our players who had come over to clap the fans.

markecky

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »

What is it with Bristol Rovers? We stayed up on the last day of the season (again) with a win there once. It was a meaningless game for them, but their fans reacted by invading the pitch, chucking stones at us and a couple tried to start scraps with our players who had come over to clap the fans.

Sorry might not have been clear, they were very angry with their team but their behaviour was excellent and it was well stewarded and policed.

taxi Phil

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2014, 01:24:38 AM »

I have put money on Macclesfield at 11-10, thus ensuring that they won't beat us  ::)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2014, 05:59:45 AM »

I wonder how they will treat you this season after us telling them what Macc fans are really like?

Mr Woolf

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 07:00:14 AM »

I think you're being a little naive to think there is as much likelihood of trouble tomorrow, as against Bristol Rovers or Barnet for example.
I don't fancy walking my son back to the car past the chequers end, through what may well be an ugly crowd of Macc fans.
[/quote]

Park your car somewhere else then

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2014, 07:22:21 AM »

To be fair if the guy doesn't fancy it tonight then that is his decision.

Bristol Is a big City therefore have a high percentage of numpties, which only makes the Macc equation even more strange.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2014, 07:39:47 AM »

To be fair if the guy doesn't fancy it tonight then that is his decision.

Bristol Is a big City therefore have a high percentage of numpties, which only makes the Macc equation even more strange.

your right no one had to go if they don't want but it's not really that help full stirring up non existent bad feeling and discouraging others
Come on you red and white........

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2014, 08:04:39 AM »

Whilst I've no doubt that they'll be a few lads out and about tonight who don't get to the match often, this game was played regularly for 10 years with barely a hint of trouble. No reason to think that'll change tonight. I'm sure unlike previous times against Chester and Wrexham in recent seasons when the Police were caught off guard they will have prepared properly for this tonight. I think to be honest the relatively lowly status of both clubs now-this used to be a game between two sides challenging at the right end-and the fact that City are live on ITV against Roma might knock quite a few floaters off the gate. A bit under 2k I reckon.

CountyFan

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2014, 08:05:13 AM »

I reiterate Macc fans are not hooligans, we've played them a lot over recent years and their hooligan firm is tiny, 99.9% of Macc fans are good decent people, they'll be more boisterous than usual but they don't cause trouble. The 0.1% of Macc fans that make up their "firm" will make nasty threats from behind Police lines, if there is no Police presence you won't even see them.

arnald

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »

If any fan wants to see the derby tonight then get down there
Nothing should put you off so enjoy the occasion
The bigger the gate the better

Jenga

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2014, 09:15:53 AM »

So looking forward to this.

The Alty YOOF will see what a derby is about, none of this Northwich rubbish, THIS is the derby.

Hoping for a great atmosphere, a good game of football and early to bed with 3 points (1 out of 3 might be possible being early to bed).

taxi Phil

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »

So looking forward to this.

The Alty YOOF will see what a derby is about, none of this Northwich rubbish, THIS is the derby.

Hoping for a great atmosphere, a good game of football and early to bed with 3 points (1 out of 3 might be possible being early to bed).

None out of 3 I'll take to my bed and fkn stay there.

altyazz

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2014, 12:32:41 PM »

This Is a HUGE game not just for the players but for us fans too..... 2-1 to Alty tonight a crowd of 1949  and the goals by Damian a Kreme kick from Shaun or Nicky. Looking forward to this game come on Alty let's get back to wining ways and a hige 3 points  ;D

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2014, 01:51:53 PM »

I have put money on Macclesfield at 11-10, thus ensuring that they won't beat us  ::)

I got 7/4.

andrewflynn

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2014, 01:54:48 PM »

We're playing our best back four tonight and I expect Luca to have a fantastic game in response to being dropped last time out.

Ultimately though I can see us losing the midfield battle without Cavanagh's presence. I think they'll pick us off and we'll lose this 0-1 or 0-2.

Come on Alty.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread