PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Macclesfield match thread  (Read 32399 times)

markecky

Re: Macclesfield match thread
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to post a more balanced view. Silkyman23. A bottleneck was created as a lot of fans tried to change ends and get through one tiny gate, there was some pushing and shoving, a lot of bluster and a couple of punches were thrown from each side. Someone threw a can that didn't help. That was down the poor organisation from Witton.  They then paniced and then Cheshire police arrived with half the force outside at the end.

I have watched Alty for 30 years and have never in that time seen any groups of Alty fans start any trouble at all or storm aggressively into a bar. We have been very lucky never to have had a core element latch onto us. Of course there has been incidents over that time as at most grounds but it has not been instigated by Altrincham supporters.

We've had Bristol Rovers ( and a very angry Bristol Rovers at that) and Lincoln down here, both of whom we heard ( and saw incidents of on youtube) had potential for trouble or spent a lot of time on the pitch. they were stewarded and policed very well and there was not a hint of bother.  Most clubs realise there is no one to fight with at Alty.  Last season we had 1500 annoyed County fans and we had a drink with them after the game.

Let's focus on the football, if we get the reaction we deserve from Saturday then it should be a decent match.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:03:11 PM by markecky »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »

I had the misfortune of standing in the away end the day Macc came and beat us 4-0 (sound familiar?) as I had two friends over from Macclesfield and was outvoted. There wasn't a hint of animosity towards Altrincham FC or Altrincham fans amongst the blue and white congregration. Of course the scoreline might have helped.

York Alty

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »

Been watching Alty since the late 70s and can count on my fingers occasions when there has been bother.  Wycombe at their old ground in a trophy tie, Port Vale at home and Bishop Auckland etc. but I can't see there being any bother tomorrow night.  I can't make it but hope to tune in.

Come on Alty - this is the game where the players and management can cheer us all up big time.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »

In 17 years of stewarding the only serious trouble at an Altrincham game was Bishop Auckland in 1996 and no Altrincham fans were involled.
The one and only time i had to go to court as a witness and Gerry Berman paid for us to have lunch.
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »

In 17 years of stewarding the only serious trouble at an Altrincham game was Bishop Auckland in 1996 and no Altrincham fans were involled.
The one and only time i had to go to court as a witness and Gerry Berman paid for us to have lunch.

Did he knock on your front door five years later and say he'd only lent you the money for your lunch, before demanding repayment in full?   :)
Come on Alty!

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 09:49:33 PM »

Did he knock on your front door five years later and say he'd only lent you the money for your lunch, before demanding repayment in full?   :)
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 09:57:19 PM »

I remember going to Macc in the early 90's near the bottom of the league Macc at the top and winning 3-2 (Dean Pritchard scored two I think & Ryan someone in the Macc goal had a mare), keep the faith we will win tomorrow.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 10:09:33 PM »

I remember going to Macc in the early 90's near the bottom of the league Macc at the top and winning 3-2 (Dean Pritchard scored two I think & Ryan someone in the Macc goal had a mare), keep the faith we will win tomorrow.

1995/96 that was. Our last win against them in a competitive fixture.

Ryan Price got sent off early doors and we won 3-2 with a beauty from Pritchard clinching the game. I remember big piles of snow at the sides of the pitch and being amazed that the game was even played. Top night! :)
Come on Alty!

Baldrick

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 10:11:03 PM »

Have Tesco got any plans to close?

GB Alty

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 10:12:29 PM »

All we need is a bit of snow tomorrow

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 10:23:42 PM »

I once saw a kerfuffle at the snack bar when the pies ran out at half time

I didn't bring tegan for a few games after that
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:38:45 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

catherinestreet

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 10:46:58 PM »

1995/96 that was. Our last win against them in a competitive fixture.

Ryan Price got sent off early doors and we won 3-2 with a beauty from Pritchard clinching the game. I remember big piles of snow at the sides of the pitch and being amazed that the game was even played. Top night! :)

Miles offside, that Pritchard goal 😀

robins1978

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »

All we need is a bit of snow tomorrow
My lad has got an orange ball they could use if it does!

GB Alty

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »

Try getting a bus to Leek you mother

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 11:04:13 PM »

Try getting a bus to Leek you mother
getting into leek is not an issue

Getting out on the other hand ......