Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott and players take a bow – that is all we wanted and more!!!!

Author Topic: Sinnott and players take a bow – that is all we wanted and more!!!!  (Read 1828 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I apologise for always starting a separate thread but I always hope Lee reads it hahaha I think he might have done. That was the best performance in years, I mean years!!!! What a performance from the off.

I am buzzzzzzzing.

The tempo was something else, I am a realist and understand that can’t be every week but half that effort we’ll stay up.

Lets please end the centre back debate – LEATHER + HAVERN is different gravy. Anyone with even half a brain must have seen that tonight. Leather was out of this conference world. People will say we didn’t have a right back but we never should sacrifice our best centre back. I would have put Sean Williams there for the games Dens missed.

Griifin I have criticised but immense tonight, the whole team but back four solid.

Special mention to the man I refer to as the ‘unsung hero’ Jake Moult, won so many balls.

Richman in the first half was immense, the energy we needed was brought into the team and he contributes to that. Faded second half but to be fair it came left a lot.

I said after last game Nicky is slightly unfit and lacking confidence, just run at them mate. We won’t criticise you for being direct.

Lawrie is the most frustrating player we have because he is by far the best technical player we have. First half he lost the ball and was being soft again, second half he was closing down, being strong, running it with. That’s his best position.

I have stated these points all season and tonight make’s me more happy than anyone will ever realise.

Coburn more confident with Luca and Leather in front.

I don’t expect that each week, I appreciate we are part time but just half that boys and we’ll do it. We still need players and the likes of Perry and Marshall do need to move on. Fitness, energy and drive, those two have none.

I LOVED THAT !!!!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sinnott and players take a bow – that is all we wanted and more!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 10:51:26 PM »

There was also a bit more nous tonight. A little niggling, pushing, bit more physical in the tackle. Not letting them take it too quick, trying to take it quick when we could.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 10:58:52 PM »

The Macc fan who chased me round the back of rent equip when I was 12 and gave me a black eye, the dicks at the services after Rushden, John Askey, Ryan Price, Steve Farrelly, Sammy Macilroy, Peter Wragg.....

All I wanted was for the players to run through walls and understand that it might only be Alty, but this game means a hell of a lot to us.

They did it, every single one of them.  Ran and ran, got stuck in and fought.

Then you're telling me that James Lawrie has lobbed the keeper in the last minute?   Just f**king wonderful.

We wanted a reaction, we got a reaction.

I only remembered at 9:50 that we also get three points for it...

Thanks x

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 11:11:56 PM »

I would also like to lay to rest the ghost of May 97. A truly horrible day and tonight sort of put that one to bed for me. 17 years in the waiting, but boy was it worth it! :)
Come on Alty!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »

INCREDIBLE. GET IN!

Beaver

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »

That was liquid gold.

Thanks to Macc players for not playing it with much passion. Thanks also to the Macc fans who showed they are still slightly mithered by the Alty.

The back four were proper solid tonight and Coburn just defied the odds with another world class save to win us the game.

I thought Lawrie was the best player on the pitch today by a long stretch, he was in tune with the job he had to do and worked tirelessly, he seemed to know it was a massive game for the fans.

Like a couple of people mentioned the dicks at the services after Rushden was a particularly bad end to our conf days all those years back. 17 years is a long time to wait for revenge, i hope at least one of the numpties was stood on the chequers end getting piss wet through tonight as Lawrie brought the house down.

There will be a few sheep hiding from their husbands tonight in Macc

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 12:23:49 AM »

Well this has saved me a thread.

Thank you.If you were there back on the motorway from Rushden in 97 then you know. And if you weren't..well, hell good for you, hardly your fault and you probably know anyway, but 17 years of watching the results after matches while Macc play Manchester City, Sheffield United or whover all wiped out in one glorious swish of James Lawrie's left peg (you've never gone and pulled out a goal like that in the 89th minute!!)

I've changed a lot in 17 years, we all have (or at least the lads I'm thinking of), more than should ever be considered (the internet and mobile phones have been invented, Northwich Victoria and Runcorn no longer exist in any meaningful form).

Alan Cash's embezzled funds, the forged invoices to the football foundation, the dubiously laundered money from the Iraqi mobile phone magnates who don't own anything...and if you know where the next penny from them is coming from then, hey, prove me wrong...all mean sh*t now.

But you know what, thanks Macc, some of you haven't forgotten either. For all those who never went to a game before you must've noticed the difference tonight, hardly Workington at home in front of 693 was it!

See you in January, in the meantime, there's only One team in Cheshire!

Good 1 Evil 0

Lawrie 89  :-*

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott and players take a bow – that is all we wanted and more!!!!