PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most unwelcoming place I've ever been
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The most unwelcoming place I've ever been  (Read 20195 times)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: The most unwelcoming place I've ever been
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2014, 12:44:32 AM »

Interesting, Lincoln and Woking fans have been on Beeschat or whatever it is called to say that have they? Copy some quotes on here then to confirm that. Just accept that your club are so unwelcoming that this thread is so long. Underhill was a lovely place to go, the bar in the corner was open to all, everyone got on. No axe to grind with Barnet fans, your club owner is a well known difficult character, most of your fans don't like him or where you play now. Stop defending the indefensible.

As you may have guessed I look back on other forums to see what fans thought of their vist.
This is being discussed on another forum and you can look here if you want to see both Woking and Lincoln fans saying they had no problems
http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/228112-saturday-monday-pre-match-matchday-thread-2022914/page-3

Since we moved there have been fans from four teams who have complained that they were treated poorly.  Other than yourselves -
Salisbury (Terrace closed and they had to sit in the stand, the hive changed policy for small away followings after this)
Dartford (Brought a small brewery on the coach and one fan arrested for thowing the pint he had brought onto the terrace at a steward, they are the reason all coaches get searched)
Cambridge (Crowding when trying to leave the game caused a run in between fans and police\stewards, since then a second gate is opened when larger crowds visit and there was no problem with bigger clubs like Luton)

There has been no bar in the corner of underhill for 20 years, the only bar being outside the ground in the cricket pavilion unless you paid for hospitality. Underhill can no longer get conference level grading due to access issues so it's not like there was a choice.
 Most fans are happy with our chairman, there are some who are not.  He is actually very approachable and can often be found helping out behind the bar.  Most of our fans actually prefer the Hive, we have a Back2Barnet campaign to raise funds for a return but so far there has been little appetite for it except amongst a small group of about 20 fans.  We have about 100-200 fans who have chosen not to follow the club to the Hive but their number is slowly reducing and a successful season would go a long way to healing the wounds.

That's it from me, I hope you feel less abused by others and have a good season
The Chester fans weren't happy about the way they were treated when they played their first game in the conference last season.
They really should be beating teams like us

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2014, 12:53:21 AM »

I don't see why there was a police presence for 100 of our supporters. We are not exactly known for being a bunch of hooligans. Kidderminster managed our supporters no problem on Tuesday without any police being involved and their stewards seemed quite friendly.
They really should be beating teams like us

Jezza

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2014, 04:56:14 AM »

Good to see the met have excellent intelligence and have researched our history in conjunction with coaches.

And good on bees knees for his comments...sounds a proper non league fan.....no offence!  ;D

BeesKnees

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2014, 08:08:44 AM »

The Chester fans weren't happy about the way they were treated when they played their first game in the conference last season.
Chester fans released 6 flares on the pitch, 2 of which were aimed at our keeper.  They were then seen urinating in peoples back gardens that border the Hive as they left and were involved in several fights outside Queensbury tube that resulted in arrests.  Sorry to say I have no sympathy for them and their actions on the day of the first competitive game at the Hive.  Their behaviour goes a good way to explaining why the Met police are so heavy handed as they had to draft in extra officers in a hurry and the local politicians beat us over the head for months afterwards thanks to the small group of Chester fans involved in this.  The Hive has no control over how many police officers are allocated to the games.  

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/chester-fc-blues-fear-fa-5724086

I'm not looking for exoneration SW, the way you were treated was clearly poor and disappointing to those of us who want the police and stewards to lighten up and allow us all to just enjoy the match.  What I wont say is that everyone has been treated in this way or that everyone who comes hates the place as it's simply not true.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:28:32 AM by BeesKnees »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2014, 09:03:11 AM »

Chester fans released 6 flares on the pitch, 2 of which were aimed at our keeper.  They were then seen urinating in peoples back gardens that border the Hive as they left and were involved in several fights outside Queensbury tube that resulted in arrests.  Sorry to say I have no sympathy for them and their actions on the day of the first competitive game at the Hive.  Their behaviour goes a good way to explaining why the Met police are so heavy handed as they had to draft in extra officers in a hurry and the local politicians beat us over the head for months afterwards thanks to the small group of Chester fans involved in this.  The Hive has no control over how many police officers are allocated to the games.  

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/chester-fc-blues-fear-fa-5724086

I'm not looking for exoneration SW, the way you were treated was clearly poor and disappointing to those of us who want the police and stewards to lighten up and allow us all to just enjoy the match.  What I wont say is that everyone has been treated in this way or that everyone who comes hates the place as it's simply not true.

the Chester fans were a disgrace at ours as well
Come on you red and white........

roytonmike

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »

Underhill - which we last visited in 1990,be it noted - was in essence a non-League ground housing a non-League club. The Hive is a stadium built for a Football League club. For the record, having arrived in advance of most - courtesy of Virgin Trains & the Northern Line - I was treated courteously & with some good humour by the stewards I encountered and enjoyed a pleasant chat with the lady behind the bar (which could do with a seated area, by the way). There was one officious steward who objected to the taking of photographs inside the ground, and the ratio of stewards to supporters did seem excessive (perhaps, as with the police, what you get is a set 'job lot'?). That's my personal experience of Saturday & will clearly be at variance with some others. It seems to me that the key is that Barnet FC is a different animal nowadays - like the majority of the present Conference it has a Football League history, Football League aspirations & Football League mentality, which for someone like me who is essentially a non-League person (if I wanted Football League I could walk 20 minutes from my flat to Ice Station Zebra, aka Boundary Park, home of Oldham Pathetic) is anathema.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »

I think we're being a bit unkind to the Barnet fan on this thread, who seems a genuine and friendly guy. My argument is not with the Barnet fans but with the structure and set-up of the club at The Hive. It makes me once again appreciate how vital it us for the character of our club that all the people who greet supporters at ML are volunteers and therefore fans, not hired goons. I'm almost glad we didn't win the league in 91 if this is what it would have done to us.

Agreed - its not 'Bees Knee's' fault! The police and stewards seem to have adopted a zero tolerance stance with clubs of ALL sizes. A little research from the Police would have revealed that Altrincham's visiting fans offered little threat by way of public disturbance and it should have been policed/stewarded as such. It wasn't and it has understandably pi55ed a few people off. I've no problem with any of Barnet's fans - most of whom probably aren't aware of the away supporter experience at the Hive...

markecky

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2014, 01:48:16 PM »

I appreciate that the higher up you go, the tighter things like security get and I have no problem with segregation etc.

However as I said to the "deputy safety officer" on the day, you won't get many easier away ends to police than the Alty one and attitudes should be adjusted as such. 

I don't need a steward to face me all game, I'm not that interesting. When they saw that no one with the remotest look or actions of a hooligan had arrived they should have taken it as a nice easy day and stood people down.

I have never had a coach searched in 20 years of running one, never ever seen a drugs bust at an Alty game ( or any game! ) or seen respectable fans denied entry for a couple of cans of ale that they voluntarily advised they would give up?  It was only missing someone being bitten by an alsatian for good measure.

Fair play to the Barnet fans who carries on supporting their team and were kind enough not to rip it out of us, no issue with them at all.

York Alty

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »

I think we're being a bit unkind to the Barnet fan on this thread, who seems a genuine and friendly guy. My argument is not with the Barnet fans but with the structure and set-up of the club at The Hive. It makes me once again appreciate how vital it us for the character of our club that all the people who greet supporters at ML are volunteers and therefore fans, not hired goons. I'm almost glad we didn't win the league in 91 if this is what it would have done to us.

Agreed - its not 'Bees Knee's' fault! The police and stewards seem to have adopted a zero tolerance stance with clubs of ALL sizes. A little research from the Police would have revealed that Altrincham's visiting fans offered little threat by way of public disturbance and it should have been policed/stewarded as such. It wasn't and it has understandably pi55ed a few people off. I've no problem with any of Barnet's fans - most of whom probably aren't aware of the away supporter experience at the Hive...

On the basis that the Met reat all visiting clubs alike then we can assume that they have nothing else to do. A little research and intelligence would save them, and the club, a tidy sum over a season.

When you get promoted or relegated you review all areas of the clubs operation - that seems to me to make simple sense.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2014, 03:30:52 PM »

This could be timely - the FSF would like to hear from those who went (I didn't), they campaign on issues like this.  I'd suggest that those who had a bad experience on Saturday send this survey back - they will act on it ;-)  The FSF Chairman, Malcolm Clarke lives in Sale and is a regular at Moss Lane (despite being a Stoke City fan).

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/?sm=d6yNJmh76Tq7L8ZB7UWaLO2IgAuEiIP18tOh2nINSIY%3d
#

Jimmy

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2014, 06:08:20 PM »

I appreciate that the higher up you go, the tighter things like security get and I have no problem with segregation etc.

However as I said to the "deputy safety officer" on the day, you won't get many easier away ends to police than the Alty one and attitudes should be adjusted as such. 

I don't need a steward to face me all game, I'm not that interesting. When they saw that no one with the remotest look or actions of a hooligan had arrived they should have taken it as a nice easy day and stood people down.

I have never had a coach searched in 20 years of running one, never ever seen a drugs bust at an Alty game ( or any game! ) or seen respectable fans denied entry for a couple of cans of ale that they voluntarily advised they would give up?  It was only missing someone being bitten by an alsatian for good measure.

Fair play to the Barnet fans who carries on supporting their team and were kind enough not to rip it out of us, no issue with them at all.
Spot on

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »

This could be timely - the FSF would like to hear from those who went (I didn't), they campaign on issues like this.  I'd suggest that those who had a bad experience on Saturday send this survey back - they will act on it ;-)  The FSF Chairman, Malcolm Clarke lives in Sale and is a regular at Moss Lane (despite being a Stoke City fan).

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/?sm=d6yNJmh76Tq7L8ZB7UWaLO2IgAuEiIP18tOh2nINSIY%3d
#

Done!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »

Spot on

Seconded
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »

Have you seen the amount of police at the Chester v Wrexham game bit ott
@AltyDaz

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2014, 09:22:29 PM »

Have you seen the amount of police at the Chester v Wrexham game bit ott

Doesn't surprise me. Wasn't their last meeting in the Football League where the game kicked off at midday on 27th December,which was on a Wednesday?
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most unwelcoming place I've ever been