PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most unwelcoming place I've ever been
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: The most unwelcoming place I've ever been  (Read 20193 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 20, 2014, 05:15:56 PM »

I hope both our club and those harassed from the word go by the police and the barnet stewards complain in the strongest possible way. The stuff before the game and again at half time and the searching of the official coach for alcohol are nothing short of a disgrace. The police officers retort of write to your MP at the end was about par for the day. Glad the stuff at half time was filmed. I've never witnessed anything like that, and for £17 I won't be going back. And we need four in on loan THIS WEEK

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The most unwelcoming place I've ever been
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 05:34:30 PM »

What happened at half time ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »

You're dead right, Pete. Many of us have said how glad we are to be in a 'proper' league but today made me long for Conf North. Barnet are, from top to toe, an obnoxious and graceless club and today was a miserable experience, only partly because of what happened on the pitch.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 07:01:04 PM »

Utterly depressing. A sterile, soulless new stadium in an equally nondescript part of town. They could have easily policed us with one smiling steward. I fear that after this and Aldershot, there will be further similar welcomes awaiting us in this division. £17 bloody quid. Should have stayed in the pub.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 08:01:55 PM »

My immediate thought was that I hope the team can retain their confidence. Early in the season I thought they were lacking in confidence but it was there in recent games and we were competitive. The last couple of games have been a set back but I hope they can regain their composure against Welland because they have got what it takes especially when we are on the front foot.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 08:38:17 PM »

Wasnt there today but from reading the posts it seems like Barnet's new ground is a soulless place at best. Is it twinned with our friends in Nailsworth  ;)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »

I thought the Stewards were very pleasant on our arrival at the ground.
However they did seem odd at half time walking around the bar carefully eyeing us all individually.

As for the game, I thought Barnet were a very good strong outfit, fitter and faster than us to every ball.
However their confidence was boosted by being gifted a 2-0 lead by shocking Refereeing decisions.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »

Are we going to go on all season blaming Altrincham's poor results on refereeing decisions?

BeesKnees

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »

Sorry you didnt have a pleasant visit. 
The police are very hot about illegally bringing alcohol on supporters coaches.  Not sure what else went on as I didn't see anything from the home end.

I didn't see any poor refereeing decisions that gifted goals but all the best for the rest of the season and hopefully you will get some results against our rivals on the way.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »

Are we going to go on all season blaming Altrincham's poor results on refereeing decisions?
and or the weather hee hee

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »

I agree, some people's persecution complex regarding referees is embarrassing. Bad decisions go for and against us most games. We need to man up and stop looking to blame others. Only we can keep ourselves in this league, not this referee or that linesman.
Come on Alty!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »

Sometimes I wonder if some of our fans know anything about football. Both were clear as day penalties, 1st one caused by a mix up with leather and Parton,which left Parton starting his run to the ball late.

Done by a better side,although we didn't do ourselves any justice. Next week is a massive game now,probably more important than the derby.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 10:23:09 PM »

The police are very hot about illegally bringing alcohol on supporters coaches.  Not sure what else went on as I didn't see anything from the home end.

I didn't see any poor refereeing decisions that gifted goals but all the best for the rest of the season and hopefully you will get some results against our rivals on the way.

No one bought any alcohol illegally, the bar was "raided" by the met at half time and people who had no idea what was happening were accused of taking drugs in the toilets,until it turned out the white marks or whatever on the hand dryers were paint speckles that had been there since that mobile stadium was hastily assembled , a complete embarrassment and shambles to both barnet fc and the police. I won't mention those refused entry for no apparent reason.No wonder no one goes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:25:43 PM by Petrocelli »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »

The police are very hot about illegally bringing alcohol on supporters coaches.  Not sure what else went on as I didn't see anything from the home end.

No one bought any alcohol illegally, the bar was "raided" by the met at half time and people who had no idea what was happening were accused of taking drugs in the toilets,until it turned out the white marks or whatever on the hand dryers were paint speckles that had been there since that mobile stadium was hastily assembled , a complete embarrassment and shambles to both barnet fc and the police. I won't mention those refused entry for no apparent reason.No wonder no one goes.
bloody hell  that's heavy handed

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 10:55:19 PM »

sh*t ground in the middle of nowhere, sh*t fans, sh*t music, sh*t refereeing, sh*t performance, sh*t press area, sh*t stewarding. The one saving grace today? John Akinde coming off on 47 minutes. He ran us ragged all first half, and if he hadn't have tweaked his hammy he'd have had 2 hat-tricks today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team