News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leather and Havern

Author Topic: Leather and Havern  (Read 2676 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Leather and Havern
« on: September 06, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »

It's come to the point where I don't even care who plays right back but get Leather and Havern back together!  Sick of hearing or reading Marshall lost his man or the player got infront of Marshall to score. I've said many times he ain't fit enough and positionally poor.  Never should comes near a shirt unless fit. This league is better quality then league two so we need our best centre back partnership each game. You don't put a second hand part in a well oiled engine!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Leather and Havern
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:58:19 PM »

Why not play all 3 with wing backs?
Full time and proud of it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 01:01:29 PM »

I said before that I hope we don't spend a month fannying around with Leathers position until we come back to this inevitable conclusion.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 02:18:15 PM »

Lee has already solved this problem by dropping the keeper....

ripleym

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »

I wonder how many goals we would have shipped to date without Marshall in the team?

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »

I wonder how many goals we would have shipped to date without Marshall in the team?
Quite probably at least one and maybe two today. Marshall had an excellent game.....and if we had to move Leather back intothe middle I'm afraid I'd leave out Havern before droppimg Marshall.

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 07:54:09 PM »

I think that given the performances from Leather, Havern and Marshall it's Shaun Densmore who should be most worried about getting into the side. I think Scott Leather at RB works very, very well. Yes, he's a better CB but he gives the defence an incredible amount of balance on the right and we can switch to a 3 at the back when attacking down the left. He'll run all day and isn't afraid to get stuck in.

EDIT: Just spelling Densmores name right.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:46:41 PM by Warren Peyton'sEpicTattoo »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 08:46:23 PM »

I knew some people would get excited about Marshall performance.  As soon as Densmore is fully fit then we need Havern and Leather together,  trust me. They were awful and it was an easy game for Marshall but I notice little things like him running to the halfway line to win a header towards the end. It wasn't his area and if he misses it, like he has done before then we can quite easily get punished in this league. He had a good game and I'll give him credit but we will need Leather and Havern together!

markecky

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 09:55:27 PM »

Marshall is on the Alty analysis list where everything he does is scrutinised waiting for a mistake.

You can pull every goal to pieces if you want to go into it enough, every cross could be stopped, every direct goal could have been closed down quicker, marking could have been tighter.  The fact is that in the hustle bustle of a game especially at non league level things are not going to be text book.

If Marshalls biggest error was coming too far forward to try and win a header that wasn't in his area I think he can take that as a roaring success today!

Marshall is a big lad ( he isn't fat ) so is never going to be a sprinter or look the most mobile but he deserves his place for me.  He also never stops talking and organising and overall we are a very quiet team that needs a bit of that.

If Mike Williams can get back to full fitness I think we have four competent centre halves and after some of the sh*te we have seen there as we tried to find them I think that's pretty good.

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 01:00:12 AM »

Marshall is on the Alty analysis list where everything he does is scrutinised waiting for a mistake.

You can pull every goal to pieces if you want to go into it enough, every cross could be stopped, every direct goal could have been closed down quicker, marking could have been tighter.  The fact is that in the hustle bustle of a game especially at non league level things are not going to be text book.

If Marshalls biggest error was coming too far forward to try and win a header that wasn't in his area I think he can take that as a roaring success today!

Marshall is a big lad ( he isn't fat ) so is never going to be a sprinter or look the most mobile but he deserves his place for me.  He also never stops talking and organising and overall we are a very quiet team that needs a bit of that.

If Mike Williams can get back to full fitness I think we have four competent centre halves and after some of the sh*te we have seen there as we tried to find them I think that's pretty good.

Spot on Ecky! If you watch football at any level there is always one defender that attacks an aerial ball and if they misjudge it/ are beaten to it and it's flicked on then the other defender comes across and mops up behind. Marshall and Havern do this. Terry and Carvalho did it Chelsea, Vidic and Ferdinand at United etc etc.

People seem to forget that the winner in the playoff final came from Marshall storming towards he halfway line and powering a header forward. And the rest, as they say, is History.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »

Only recently griffin was on this hot list, his performance yesterday was great
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leather and Havern