News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match was an insult to the Conference

Author Topic: Today's match was an insult to the Conference  (Read 2565 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 21, 2007, 08:55:42 PM »

I can't recall watching a football match so devoid of skill, flair, imagination or technique as the 90 minutes of unrelenting drivel that I witnessed at Tamworth today.

On that evidence, both those teams will be relegated and (you'd have to say) deservedly so.

Alty's first half performance was simply a disgrace.

Still too irate by it all to write much more.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's match was an insult to the Conference
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 01:03:14 AM »

were always bad against tamworth this year we have playe countless times and to be fair its only countles because i was asleep for most of the games!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »

Typical Tamworth match away. Get dragged to their level and then pull our socks up AFTER the damage is done.

Simply not good enough. How can we make a team look so poor at home every time we play them but when we go to their ground never look like we have a chance.

Got to forget about it and move on to Aldershot though (and pray resuls go our way on Tuesday)

radcliffe alty

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:17:32 AM »

What gets me is that Tamworth clearly wanted it more. And that is simple inexcusable. The lazy inability to try to string two passes together in the first half suggested to me that the players didn't seem to think the game was must win, as we fans did.

The desperation of the second half was embarrassing. I think both teams will go down, and we can't have any complaints. Garbage.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »

What has happened to Munroe?

After an encouraging run of form this season, he was woeful yesterday and his dreadful attempt at a clearing header helped Tamworth to set up their goal.

At least he didn't give a penalty away this week, though!

Mind you, not many Alty players covered themselves in glory yesterday.

I'm still mildly hysterical about the performance....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alex

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »

What gets me is that Tamworth clearly wanted it more. And that is simple inexcusable. The lazy inability to try to string two passes together in the first half suggested to me that the players didn't seem to think the game was must win, as we fans did.

The desperation of the second half was embarrassing. I think both teams will go down, and we can't have any complaints. Garbage.

you don't thin the player understand what it would have ment to win that match? it was clear to me from the looks on there faces and the way they pressured in the second half (plus i heard of sum1 that bandy was defo up for it). the problem yday in my opinion was that the players were showing the effects of the amount of games we played last month and with the squad a bare as it was yday ithink the best thing to do is move on and make sure we beat aldershot.

Cadiz Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 02:04:07 PM »

I agree

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 03:54:06 PM »

From the comments on the main page, GH was pretty pissed off with our performance, sounds like the bollocking worked second half but it was too late then.

I agree the squad is too small and stretched, just think how it has depleted recently.

Thomson, lugsden, potts, hussin, hendley. t5hen injuries too asa, scott, owen, bushell.

Basically the 16 0n the bench is the full squad plus Bowler.  THis is not enough.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team