News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Too much thought about the opposition

Author Topic: Too much thought about the opposition  (Read 1490 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »

Let them worry about us, not vice versa, especially at home. Pick your strongest 11, can't do any more than that.
Saturday should see our strongest 11 I their correct positions, simple

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Too much thought about the opposition
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:36:47 AM »

Missed my first league game since April 2012 (many thanks to John Laidlar and Radio Robins,which allowed me to dip in and out of following the game). At 7:20, when I saw that starting 11, my heart sank a bit. I can't comment on the game,but if Reeves and Clee are fit,you start them in every home game,end of.

Looking back to 2005, we got a rude awakening defeat (Stevenage), a close 1 goal defeat at home (Accrington), and an unexpected win (Aldershot). Here's hoping history repeats itself on Saturday.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:46:48 AM »

Missed my first league game since April 2012 (many thanks to John Laidlar and Radio Robins,which allowed me to dip in and out of following the game). At 7:20, when I saw that starting 11, my heart sank a bit. I can't comment on the game,but if Reeves and Clee are fit,you start them in every home game,end of.

Looking back to 2005, we got a rude awakening defeat (Stevenage), a close 1 goal defeat at home (Accrington), and an unexpected win (Aldershot). Here's hoping history repeats itself on Saturday.

Our first win was at home against FGR (2-1) followed by Aldershot.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »

Our first win was at home against FGR (2-1) followed by Aldershot.
Then let's hope it's DEFINITELY a repeat !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team