PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Outstanding!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Outstanding!  (Read 4412 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Outstanding!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 01:52:10 PM »

I think people need to stop and think about where we are for a second. Another minute in that game in May and we'd have gone to pens where it really is a lottery, and could easily have been running out against Solihull or Lowestoft on Saturday. I know we lost the other day and the performance wasn't up to scratch but in reality I never expected us to get a result against Aldershot who were very good at home last season.... I'm actually just delighted to be in this league for the moment and fully expect us to be well beaten a few times this season. Anything is better than the Conference North isn't it?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 03:17:04 PM »

Now we are officially a big club again does this mean we now go into the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup?

roytonmike

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »

Now we are officially a big club again does this mean we now go into the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup?
Yes, and the 1st Round Proper of the Trophy. We could still be in the Prelim Round of the Senior Cup, though ...

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 07:32:38 PM »

I think people need to stop and think about where we are for a second. Another minute in that game in May and we'd have gone to pens where it really is a lottery, and could easily have been running out against Solihull or Lowestoft on Saturday. I know we lost the other day and the performance wasn't up to scratch but in reality I never expected us to get a result against Aldershot who were very good at home last season.... I'm actually just delighted to be in this league for the moment and fully expect us to be well beaten a few times this season. Anything is better than the Conference North isn't it?

BLOODY WELL SAID.

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 08:09:35 PM »

I'm not sure were just glad to be here is a healthy attitude myself I think of lee gets selection right and we play to our best we will finish easily above the drop zone On Saturday we wouldn't have beat the top half in confrence north but we will get much better

GB Alty

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »

I'm not sure were just glad to be here is a healthy attitude myself I think of lee gets selection right and we play to our best we will finish easily above the drop zone On Saturday we wouldn't have beat the top half in confrence north but we will get much better

Fully agree Jimmy

If we just content to make up the numbers we won't be here for long

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 11:46:08 PM »

Agree with this post. We are where we at least belong, let's give no one respectq and we become a bit more aggressive in our play. Lee doesn't become too much of a tinker manager and plays his best players, in their strongest position when fit then we will survive comfortably.  My concerns are left back, ageing Stu, a distributing midfielder and more fire power. However I am buzzing about being back in this league and 3 points starts tomorrow night!

markecky

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 11:54:18 PM »

I think changes will be forced on him though when he assesses the players in weeks when we have 3 games, especially if those 3 games are against full time sides or a long midweeker.  It's been refreshing how he hasn't made much of that so far but it's a factor that can't be ignored.

Come the third game he will have to look at the players and see if any are struggling and that will force some changes and use of the squad which won't be popular in some quarters but for me is a key part of survival.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Outstanding!