PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3G pitches
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 3G pitches  (Read 5515 times)

Hamilton

Re: 3G pitches
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 06:29:59 PM »

3G is the future.....to ignore it is to be left behind.....especially for a community club like alty.........the options are almost limitless........the club could be in use 24/7....although Jenny should get a lunch hour I suppose...

we should send ats and the other non believers to Maidstone on a fact finding trip

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 10:12:22 PM »

3G is the future.....to ignore it is to be left behind.....especially for a community club like alty.........the options are almost limitless........the club could be in use 24/7....although Jenny should get a lunch hour I suppose... we should send ats and the other non believers to Maidstone on a fact finding trip
You're suggesting a 1W ticket I'm supposing? or a 2W?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 08:17:02 AM »

Jezza in (Deliberately?) fails to get the point but still makes fatuous comment shocker

RocketDan

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 02:21:16 PM »

For short passing games and when the ball is on he ground 3G is miles better than grass as there is no unevenness or boggy patches and the ball rolls a lot smoother. If the ball is played in the air and bounces, it always seems to bounce/react better on grass, whereas 3G cushions it and can be a bit more unpredictable. Hence, 3G is better for 5aside, grass is better for 11 aside, unless we decided to play total tikka takka football and never hoofed or played long balls.

As for the injuries - I don't know the statistics but injuries caused when people go in for 50/50s seem to be more frequent and more damaging on 3G. I remember that preseason friendly at woodley 5 or 6 years ago and I'm not sure that would have happened on grass.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3G pitches