PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Community Hall
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Community Hall  (Read 22553 times)

Jenga

Re: Community Hall
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 09:51:56 PM »

Tossers lol, but very very funny.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2014, 07:59:21 AM »

I may have mentioned before but I understand there is to be some nominal spectator space in front of the building. I know funding applies but I think this is an opportunity for the club to provide some proper space for disabled supporters with wheelchair spaces interspersed with fixed seats for carers/partners. Now the facility is having an accessible WC this becomes even more the obvious place to provide facilities we should be providing anyway under The Equalities Act. It would of course depend also on sightlines down the pitch side.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »

I may have mentioned before but I understand there is to be some nominal spectator space in front of the building. I know funding applies but I think this is an opportunity for the club to provide some proper space for disabled supporters with wheelchair spaces interspersed with fixed seats for carers/partners. Now the facility is having an accessible WC this becomes even more the obvious place to provide facilities we should be providing anyway under The Equalities Act. It would of course depend also on sightlines down the pitch side.

I'm afraid it wasnt possible to achieve that due too lack of space, levels and sight lines, we did try but the club does have disabled viewing areas already.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2014, 05:16:51 PM »

I'm afraid it wasnt possible to achieve that due too lack of space, levels and sight lines, we did try but the club does have disabled viewing areas already.

Fair comment about space and sightlines but apart from that we do not have adequate facilities, we have a portable plastic hut. We really should be doing better. Do the club realise that under the Equalities Act if a disabled person is unable to access the same facilities as anyone else they are at liberty to sue? This is a massive opportunity to cover what is needed. Also, to enter the league should it ever arise we would need to provide a significant number of spaces, proportionate to capacity.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »

When you say disabled do you mean a wheelchair user? Because everywhere in the ground is wheelchair accessible apart from areas of terracing. modern grounds don't have terraced stands and old grounds that do have an exemption from such regulation because, well because its terracing. The facilities at moss lane for wheelchair users are fine if a little dated, but so is the stadium at present. If new terracing is ever built at either end im sure such areas will be factored in.One of our clubs directors is Vice President of level playing field, formally know as the national association of disabled supporters. So im sure everything at moss lane in its current format is correct.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »

When you say disabled do you mean a wheelchair user? Because everywhere in the ground is wheelchair accessible apart from areas of terracing. modern grounds don't have terraced stands and old grounds that do have an exemption from such regulation because, well because its terracing. The facilities at moss lane for wheelchair users are fine if a little dated, but so is the stadium at present. If new terracing is ever built at either end im sure such areas will be factored in.One of our clubs directors is Vice President of level playing field, formally know as the national association of disabled supporters. So im sure everything at moss lane in its current format is correct.

Sorry mate but it isn't we fall way short as do in fairness many grounds at our level.  I speak with experience working for a Local Authority that issues safety and licensing certificates for two football grounds, I am not trying to interfere but we do not meet the standards we should do. Also disabled access does mean wheelchair user but not exclusively so, there are other forms of disability. Also, old grounds most certainly do not have any exemption at all, all service providers whether a football club or a shop have responsibilities under the Act.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:44 PM »

Sorry mate but it isn't we fall way short as do in fairness many grounds at our level.  I speak with experience working for a Local Authority that issues safety and licensing certificates for two football grounds, I am not trying to interfere but we do not meet the standards we should do. Also disabled access does mean wheelchair user but not exclusively so, there are other forms of disability. Also, old grounds most certainly do not have any exemption at all, all service providers whether a football club or a shop have responsibilities under the Act.
I would have thought all this was covered, before the council gave us planning permission

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »

I would have thought all this was covered, before the council gave us planning permission

It isn't a planning issue it is covered by Building Regulations. They however only cover the building and access to it at this stage so if the building is accessible, usable and has suitable toilet facilities it will comply. What goes on outside is not part of the application, as I have said, that is covered by the Equalities Act. Nothing to do with Trafford MBC.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2014, 06:44:47 PM »

I didn't say old grounds had an exemption, I said certain sections. Your not going to knock down a 100 year old listed entrance to a building to put a wheelchair lift in for example, you make alternative solutions available.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2014, 07:07:44 PM »

No of course not Pete but if a disabled fan arrives there should be somewhere they can sit in equal comfort to anyone else, with their companion and not in an obviously segregated fashion. There would not be a need to make everywhere in the ground accessible, just a suitable spot with access to toilet and food facilities. I have no agenda here and I'm not knocking the club. Just saying what we should be doing and now is the time.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2014, 08:07:10 PM »

I'm not saying you've got an agenda mate, but I also have some experience of this, and in the case of older buildings you've got to do the best you can to accomodate people in an inclusive way. But you also have to be realistic. I'm sure as the stadium regeneration progresses , this will be high on the agenda. I can fully see why it wouldn't be practical infront of new bar as the slight lines are poor for those stood up in my opinion, so for those sat it would be nigh on impossible. The Hednesford supporters with mobility problems were accomodated at the playoff game with no complaints bar the result!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2014, 08:23:32 PM »

Fair does, we need to find somewhere though, the flat bit of the old Chequers end then in front of the tea hut. That would be easy to do.

Anyway, this was just a suggestion not a crusade so that's it on this for me.

Hamilton

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2014, 11:14:46 PM »

I don't know all the regs or anything, but I used to bring a lass in a wheelchair to matches at ML and the facilities were perfectly fine for us and, of course, the stewards were never less than very helpful.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2014, 11:00:40 PM »

Can we have a bubble gum machine ?
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2014, 11:34:22 PM »

Can we have a bubble gum machine ?

and one for johnnies please.