PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Community Hall
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Community Hall  (Read 22551 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Community Hall
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 09:35:07 PM »

The ability for cashback. Card Machines. A pay cash machine could work as there no cash machine near by

The bar shoud sell jager and snacks.

There should be a place to advertise.

Id also like to see perhaps us use the outside wall and put uo boards similar to the current ome advertising building work.

A darts board should be if not a pool table as well.

UId like to see a projector screen rather than televsions.

A jukebox is another option.

Also phill whilst its a commumity hall, Fans should have say. Trade in.Costellos should be spent in the Alty bar.

you could then have a closed supporters pool team and darts team as well..oh tease me tease tease me baby till I lose control
ParkINson's red and white army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 10:20:28 PM »

Does anyone know if there's going to be any sort of consultation with fans about what they would like to see in the bar/decoration etc.?

Yes there has been a lot of thought gone into the design of the building, it's services and its finishes. There have been some good questions and comments made on this thread which will be considered, but to answer the queries raised so far I would advise as follows;

Lighting - Very flexible design to each half of the room which can be divided. Mixture of recessed low energy high frequency fluorescents, downlighters and colour change LED effect lighting for functions.
Fully air conditioned using low energy heat pumps and heat recovery vent systems
Decoration/colours - Modern and appropriate with a superb design idea which will be unveiled in due course. Superb oak floor and oak doors/ high quality ceiling finishes, coffered ceiling design.
There will be a large honours wall area to recognise the Hall sponsors,...this is your chance now to be on that board so go to the just giving page for the project please, every donation helps.
Windows - Yes 6 large ones overlooking the pitch with electric shutters, plus others elsewhere.
Bar/Kitchen designs - Completed with Ritchie and Brewery input.

On the equipment fit out points I cannot comment but don't forget it is a multi-use space used 7 days a week so anything fixed like pool table or juke box is not going to be practical.
A darts board not a good idea with a high quality oak floor !
Cash machine is an idea but a major security concern.
No need for vending machines with large bar and kitchen.
The building will have wireless data and wired for ceiling projectors for large screens on a number of walls.
Large equipment store room  for sports equipment, mats, tables/chairs etc etc.

Any sensible suggestions or questions welcome. Ian

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »

On that point Ian, will there be proper Wi-Fi available?

Doesn't overly bother me but I'm sure useful for various community groups/sports clubs/zumba/young mums meetings etc during the week and it's good when people can access quickly and effectively on their phones.

just a thought..

bighairedmike

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 11:03:04 PM »

Pool table doesn't have to be fixed. Easily moved on casters/a wheeled stand. Juke box takes about 1 square metre of wall space and doesn't need to be the main focus of attention. Easily implemented. A small section with a dart board and a suitable ocky/floor covering would be five and relatively cost effective.

Is there going to be a football club specific set of decoration? I know it is a community hall, but it is at our football club, and photos of historic moments etc will give it a homely feel on match days and also show what we are about to the community groups, potentially increasing our fan base.

York Alty

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 11:15:35 PM »

Is there going to be a football club specific set of decoration? I know it is a community hall, but it is at our football club, and photos of historic moments etc will give it a homely feel on match days and also show what we are about to the community groups, potentially increasing our fan base.

Absolutely right.

This is about putting Altrincham FC into the community, and that entails putting the community well and truly in touch with Altrincham FC.

bumble

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 11:36:30 PM »

When the hall was first announced, it was said that our aim wasn't to bank roll the club but to raise awareness and hold community events, that could swell the attendances.

If the room is plain and neutral, they may as well hold their events somewhere else.

If you go to a rugby club, like AOM or a scout hut or a church room then the surroundings are related to that place. Be it sunday school stuff or rugby trophys. Im not expecting a ultra montage but it must be relevant to the club and its surroundings.

Hamilton

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 11:49:12 PM »

I remember when I met Nick Clegg at hawick Rugby Club and they had a 'social' room where they had a lot opf memorabilia about Bill McLaren on a wall. Old photos, newspaper clips and the like showing the rich history of the club would be ideal.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 12:10:35 AM »

I don't think having a section as a social/pub/drinking area permanently in place, even with a draw back partitioning should be over looked. The bridge demolished, the king George up for sale yet again. You've a ready made customer base for something that's going to be open anyway. Big pool and darts fixtures can be real money spinners. 

markecky

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 10:03:38 AM »

When the hall was first announced, it was said that our aim wasn't to bank roll the club but to raise awareness and hold community events, that could swell the attendances.

If the room is plain and neutral, they may as well hold their events somewhere else.

If you go to a rugby club, like AOM or a scout hut or a church room then the surroundings are related to that place. Be it sunday school stuff or rugby trophys. Im not expecting a ultra montage but it must be relevant to the club and its surroundings.

Where does it say that it's going to be plain and neutral?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 12:45:44 PM »

To answer the fair points made below;

1. It will not be plain and neutral, wait and see what is planned,....appropriate is how I would describe it.
2. The use of movable bar items that might increase revenue is a good idea and one that the club will I'm sure consider when its built and starts being used.
3. I expect there will be plenty of memorabilia on view eventually.
4. Wi fi will be available, what hasnt yet been agreed is who can access it and when/how etc as thats a software/management issue.
5. I should have added that all lighting is dimmable as well.
6. The bar has disabled access sections for ease of community use and a lot more space for new product/sales opportunities, yet to be decided upon.

From my travels, I expect this bar to be one of the best in non league football.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Jenga

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 01:15:58 PM »

This may be outdated now, and I know there are windows anyway. But perhaps some sort of bell to announce 5 mins to the start of the game at each half to get people out rather than sitting inside finishing their beers?

A PA system will be used I am sure for functions, will this be extended to the whole ground? Half time music being played would add to the atmosphere.

A duke box on the wall would be a great feature for sure and money making. Not so sure about pool/snooker, it would take up alot of room, but darts wouldn't and you could get a mat to put over the high quality oak floor when in use. Darts during busy games though could be a problem with stray darts bouncing out perhaps.

Wedding Licence? Not sure why anyone would want to get married there but stranger things have happened.

Forget Strongbow and Bulmers and get Black Rat in !!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »

This may be outdated now, and I know there are windows anyway. But perhaps some sort of bell to announce 5 mins to the start of the game at each half to get people out rather than sitting inside finishing their beers?

A PA system will be used I am sure for functions, will this be extended to the whole ground? Half time music being played would add to the atmosphere.

A duke box on the wall would be a great feature for sure and money making. Not so sure about pool/snooker, it would take up alot of room, but darts wouldn't and you could get a mat to put over the high quality oak floor when in use. Darts during busy games though could be a problem with stray darts bouncing out perhaps.

Wedding Licence? Not sure why anyone would want to get married there but stranger things have happened.

Is that something to do with John Wayne?  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »

No. That would be too hazardous...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2014, 05:17:35 PM »

That's something I would have expected "Daisy" to say!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 05:28:36 PM »

That's something I would have expected "Daisy" to say!

or Boss Hogg.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Community Hall