PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How bad must it be a stockport ?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How bad must it be a stockport ?  (Read 7288 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 19, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »

kyle Jacobs signs for chorley?
FFS

Barry Howard was my Hero

Re: How bad must it be a stockport ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »

It's all about the money, was offered captaincy and improved contract b

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »

I think Chorley chuck a fair bit of cash about. As for County, A season in the CN should have taught lessons, hopefully for them they will be more clued up this season. I wish them good luck, it must be such a culture change. Imagine us vanishing and popping up in the NWCL.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 10:16:16 PM »

I'm sure Kyle Jacobs is quoted as saying he wanted to try his luck at a higher level! Footballers eh!

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 10:20:35 PM »

At the end of the day why shouldn't the kid play for more money I'd do my job for someone else for pound an hour more

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »

I really think County fans missed a trick not starting their own AFC type venture following relegation.

I know some people have a bit of an aversion to phoenix clubs, and they're entitled to that opinion, but that club is sinking further and further into the sh*t due to woeful mismanagement at board level. The fans own a club's history. I can't help but feel if there was any way they could have gone it alone they should have.

Midtable in that sh*te regional league when you're pulling in 3,000 fans regularly is truly diabolical.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 07:44:27 AM »

I really think County fans missed a trick not starting their own AFC type venture following relegation.

I know some people have a bit of an aversion to phoenix clubs, and they're entitled to that opinion, but that club is sinking further and further into the sh*t due to woeful mismanagement at board level. The fans own a club's history. I can't help but feel if there was any way they could have gone it alone they should have.

Midtable in that sh*te regional league when you're pulling in 3,000 fans regularly is truly diabolical.

Phoenix clubs tend to work a lot better if they can stay at their old ground. Telford, Chester and Halifax all bounced back quickly. The likes of Runcorn and Scarborough are taking a lot longer.

I don't know if it would be that easy for a new Stockport club to.play at Edgeley Park.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 09:34:49 AM »

Halifax are not a fan's club.  The Halifax FC playing today was established by the same businessmen directors who put the old club into Administration and then bid for it against the Halifax supporters trust and were successful as the Administrator
 thought traditional business men (failed) were better than fans.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »

Most footballers like most people are motivated mainly by money.

A lot of Stockport fans seem baffled as to why players don't choose them for the buzz of playing in front of 2,500 fans each week even when they are not winning.

I think more of them are coming round to the fact that footballers will play for the dog and duck if the money is there and release a statement to say how pleased they are to be part of the team that will take the dog and duck into the league by 2022.

Stockport has always been a club that has fascinated me.  If they were up there and winning they would be getting 5,000, such huge potential.

However for some reason at the end of last season they started building up stuff about players they were signing, and how they were going to be picking off the best players from here and there. They have done none of it so now have a lot of explaining to do to already annoyed fans.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 02:34:29 PM »

To be fair chorley are at same level as county and will finish higher

markecky

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »

Indeed Jim, sorry, reading that back it looked like I was comparing Chorley to the Dog and Duck which I wasn't.

Just making the point that the pull of crowds and history rarely works over cold hard cash, which makes sense but is sometimes hard for fans to hear.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 11:20:42 AM »

Most footballers like most people are motivated mainly by money.

A lot of Stockport fans seem baffled as to why players don't choose them for the buzz of playing in front of 2,500 fans each week even when they are not winning.

I think more of them are coming round to the fact that footballers will play for the dog and duck if the money is there and release a statement to say how pleased they are to be part of the team that will take the dog and duck into the league by 2022.

Stockport has always been a club that has fascinated me.  If they were up there and winning they would be getting 5,000, such huge potential.

However for some reason at the end of last season they started building up stuff about players they were signing, and how they were going to be picking off the best players from here and there. They have done none of it so now have a lot of explaining to do to already annoyed fans.

As well as the increased money, sometimes it can be a 'win-win' as well because a player moves to a league where it is easier for him to perform to a good standard.........probably not in this case because Chorley will be expected to do well
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »

I've just left for current job for one nearly double my salary.....made a point of texting round my former colleagues telling them how much i'll miss them and how I'm moving for personal reasons....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 05:55:43 PM »

Indeed Jim, sorry, reading that back it looked like I was comparing Chorley to the Dog and Duck which I wasn't.

Just making the point that the pull of crowds and history rarely works over cold hard cash, which makes sense but is sometimes hard for fans to hear.

Quite. And the point is that the real world works like that. Imagine being a player and trying to explain to the missus that you've turned down say an extra £100+ quid a week. Say £500 a month but you're playing at a club with more fans and they used to be in the league.

If you're lucky the response will be something along the lines of "great, does that give us a discount on the gas bill/mortgage/nursery fees/price of petrol or something?"

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »

Great post ballers I'm also laughing out loud
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team