Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Which Alty players could do a job for the England team?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which Alty players could do a job for the England team?  (Read 6123 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Which Alty players could do a job for the England team?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »

Warren Peyton could build an epic defensive wall!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 07:55:04 PM »

Warren Peyton could build an epic defensive wall!

He could stay on in Brazil and get their Olympic stadiums built too.

anglo alty

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »

After watching Saturday's game any of themn

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »

Somebody could do the counting for Rooney.  "One boot, two boots. Yes Wayne they're all there."

Am I alone in having next to interest in the World Cup? I can honestly say that apart from Italy I don't know who else is in Englands group. I think it starts on Thursday, no idea who's playing, kick off times.  Four years ago and at previous World Cups I'd have known all this.  I'm 48 - is this an age thing, or are others feeling the same way?
I'm looking forward to it a month of seeing the worlds beat footballers

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 07:45:47 PM »

Somebody could do the counting for Rooney.  "One boot, two boots. Yes Wayne they're all there."

Am I alone in having next to interest in the World Cup? I can honestly say that apart from Italy I don't know who else is in Englands group. I think it starts on Thursday, no idea who's playing, kick off times.  Four years ago and at previous World Cups I'd have known all this.  I'm 48 - is this an age thing, or are others feeling the same way?
No

Excited for it - the world cup is the ultimate test and therefore the ultimate spectacal

roytonmike

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »

It may be an age thing; I'm 11 years older than you & I feel exactly the same way. Mercifully I'm going away next Weds for a week, mainly in the company of someone with no interest whatever in football - though I might be bringing her to a game at some point next season (she has a list of 'things to do before I'm 60' & watching a football match is on it!). I shall do my best to avoid the whole money-led charade.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 10:04:59 PM »

The great thing about the World Cup, and the Euros, is it's football that keeps us going between Alty games. For banter value, I will be watching Ecuador vs Honduras!!

I said 2 years ago, and say it again. England will get through the group (draw with Italy, beat Uruguay and Costa Rica), but will go out as soon as they play a decent side. By my prediction, that will be Brazil in the quarters.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 10:21:03 PM »

I think you maybe underestimating Uruguay Nasha as they will win the group and it's between England and Italy for 2nd spot in my opinion and with them playing the a team who were in the euro finals and another who were in last world cup semi finals they face good opponents in the group
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:27:37 PM by Jimmy »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »

I think we will play out a pensive pedestrian draw with Italy, and be hoping to score enough against Costa Rica to get us through, also hoping Italy and Uruguay aren't in a position to engineer a draw

Bath Alty

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 10:44:13 PM »

We avoid defeat in both first two games and we will know what we have to do to qualify - worst case is beat Costa Rica by more than the worst of Italy and Uruguay did, should be doable

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 10:54:01 PM »

I think you maybe underestimating Uruguay Nasha as they will win the group and it's between England and Italy for 2nd spot in my opinion and with them playing the a team who were in the euro finals and another who were in last world cup semi finals they face good opponents in the group

I think the opposite Jim, I think Uruguay are overrated. This is a similar squad who was old 4 years ago, couldn't make the top 4 in a qualifying group that didn't contain Brazil, and IMO only have 2 world class players in Suarez and Cavani. I don't think it will be a stroll,maybe 2-1 win. I do think we will finish 2nd though, get Ivory Coast, again a tough game but one we can win.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 01:54:59 AM »

To have 2 world class players is a luxury England don't have also in godin they have a centre half who scored the goal to win the Spanish league and a goal in a European cup final also a top centre half and a team used to climit
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Which Alty players could do a job for the England team?