PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walshaw signs for........
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Walshaw signs for........  (Read 8058 times)

ScoreDaws

« on: May 19, 2014, 07:09:59 PM »

According  reports from the Guiseley  forum gone to Harrogate!!

York Alty

Re: Walshaw signs for........
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »

oooh, that'll go down well!  There was a bit of a mixed reaction to his becoming available, but how often does a proven quality scorer become available?

Glad he's got what he wants.

Good luck to him.

ScoreDaws

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:45:22 PM »

I'm sure that we will watch his progress with great interest! James maybe in the same boat at the end of next season as with Alty if Harrogate get promoted. Anyway,  best of luck James.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 08:52:17 PM »

I'm assuming he was not on a contract with us -we won't get a fee will we?

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 09:09:28 PM »

Good luck wally every chance he will become like the bloke in quantum leap help get a team out of this league and move on to the next one

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

Good luck wally every chance he will become like the bloke in quantum leap help get a team out of this league and move on to the next one

Oh boy!  :)
Come on Alty!

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 10:27:29 PM »

Oh boy!  :)

LOL  :D

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 10:41:05 PM »

Hemel: I sincerely doubt we would have just let him walk away if he was on a contract as we could easily have commanded a fee for him. My bet is he was on a 12 month contract, was offered terms for a new one but left due to reasons he gave on here and the club site. :)

Red robin

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 12:43:34 PM »

Harrogate, what league are they in.bad move that, we cant afford to let players of his calibre go, however, if its his decision, we should of put him on a contract.

Guiseley fan

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »

According  reports from the Guiseley  forum gone to Harrogate!!

Walshaw gone to Harrogate according to reports from the Guiseley forum no confirmation Walshaw has gone to any club yet?

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »

Harrogate, what league are they in.bad move that, we cant afford to let players of his calibre go, however, if its his decision, we should of put him on a contract.
Pehaps he wanted a season deal only because he didn't want the travelling which is the case lets face it if last season walshaw was available but we didn't want him because he wouldn't play in the confrence the board wouldev been crucified

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 06:16:46 PM »

Hemel: I sincerely doubt we would have just let him walk away if he was on a contract as we could easily have commanded a fee for him. My bet is he was on a 12 month contract, was offered terms for a new one but left due to reasons he gave on here and the club site. :)
In recent times most of our players have been on one-season contracts (start of July to end of April); those signed up for longer than that have very much been the exception rather than the rule. Walshaw will not have been an exception.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:11 PM »

As Mike says one year contracts the norm at this level.  Even if we had offered Walshaw a 2 yr deal I bet he wouldn't have signed it.

It's not in his interests to as he can virtually guarantee a club 25 goals a season. So each year he can start an auction for his services. Not a criticism of him of course, he would be daft to commit to 2 years anywhere.

Must be ace to be that good!

GB Alty

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:18 PM »

Prob not the norm at conf prem, so we will have to get used to that

York Alty

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »

Contract or no contract. If a player wants to leave, i.e isn't fully committed to the club, then what's the point of him being about? 

He's good enough to walk into a Conf North club of his choosing, see his family and keep his other job going.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team