PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Congratulations from a Guiseley fan
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Congratulations from a Guiseley fan  (Read 7601 times)

adambridGAFC

« on: May 13, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »

Well I still haven't got over Saturday's events but I had a brilliant time and couldn't be prouder of both clubs
I have been wanting to write a post on here but haven't been able to think of the words for it until now
It was a much better day out than our last visit to Moss Lane where you thrashed us 4-1 to leave us in the relegation zone, so to have even got to the Playoff Final was a tremendous achievement by Mark Bower and all the staff, volunteers and players of Guiseley AFC

It was brilliant to see the ground so full with us bringing around 1000 people which is more than we get for most home games!
I thought the game was fairly even and for our confidence to never drop after you had taken the lead showed real character of the squad and we looked like we could get a second but it just wasn't to be
I would rather have lost 3 or 4-1 than lose like that in added time of extra time
I was shell shocked and watching and listening to the game is bringing back bad memories of seeing the ball trickle into the net
It was brilliant that some of your proper supporters came over and clapped us as well as your chairman and goalkeeper, that is something I will never forget and something similar happened to us at Telford a few years ago, it is one of the reasons I just love Non League Football
We had the odd goader but I bet they weren't proper supporters, the ones who live and breathe Alty were the ones who clapped us with one fan even coming over for a word with our supporters
To make the end of the day worse as I filtered out of the ground it started to throw it down with rain, we all stood in a long queue in silence just staring at the rain falling down reflecting on what we had just seen
We could then hear our promotion hopes fade away when the announcer was reading out the names of your squad with the brilliant cheers from the home support
Then came the final blow, the noise from the lifting of the trophy all while we were stood in this pouring down rain getting soaked
I must say though your supporters are a credit to your club and I want to congratulate you all on promotion and wish you all the very best next season in the Conference Premier
It is something I hope never happens to us again as twice is far too many times, I don't think I will recover until the start of next season when there is something else to focus on
All the best for the future.
adambridGAFC

Hamilton

Re: Congratulations from a Guiseley fan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:03:36 PM »

Thank you for a very generous post.

I wasn't at the match and had to follow on Twitter, but what I do now is how difficult/agonising it would have felt to face defeat in such a way. Accounts suggest Guiseley were the best footballing side we faced all season and the players, management and fans were a credit to the club. I would like to add the club showed a lot of integrity with the Boshell situation.

Good luck next season, you deserve it.

adambridGAFC

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:08:15 PM »

Thanks I hope we go and win the league, can't be doing with any more playoffs!

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 08:20:28 PM »

Every chance you will win it next year as to be fair if the league started in October you wouldev won thanks for your kind words

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 08:25:35 PM »

Keep that squad together and you wont be far off had brooksby and boshell played you may have edged it but we will never know  .cracking post

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 08:25:51 PM »

It'll be very hard next season but get off to a decent start and you'll be well and truly in the mix again. Avoid the play offs...

markecky

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »

As I have said on the non league forum, I was guilty of judging Guiseley fans on the 2-3 fans that always seem to be shouting in peoples faces as they leave.  I'm usually gutted as well.

Saturday changed that though.  I thought both sets of fans ( regular and occasional ) were a credit to their clubs as it could have been very different with an ending like that.

After losing four playoffs I think it's fair to say you must get up soon.   The very best of luck to you in doing that.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »

Well I still haven't got over Saturday's events but I had a brilliant time and couldn't be prouder of both clubs
I have been wanting to write a post on here but haven't been able to think of the words for it until now
It was a much better day out than our last visit to Moss Lane where you thrashed us 4-1 to leave us in the relegation zone, so to have even got to the Playoff Final was a tremendous achievement by Mark Bower and all the staff, volunteers and players of Guiseley AFC

It was brilliant to see the ground so full with us bringing around 1000 people which is more than we get for most home games!
I thought the game was fairly even and for our confidence to never drop after you had taken the lead showed real character of the squad and we looked like we could get a second but it just wasn't to be
I would rather have lost 3 or 4-1 than lose like that in added time of extra time
I was shell shocked and watching and listening to the game is bringing back bad memories of seeing the ball trickle into the net
It was brilliant that some of your proper supporters came over and clapped us as well as your chairman and goalkeeper, that is something I will never forget and something similar happened to us at Telford a few years ago, it is one of the reasons I just love Non League Football
We had the odd goader but I bet they weren't proper supporters, the ones who live and breathe Alty were the ones who clapped us with one fan even coming over for a word with our supporters
To make the end of the day worse as I filtered out of the ground it started to throw it down with rain, we all stood in a long queue in silence just staring at the rain falling down reflecting on what we had just seen
We could then hear our promotion hopes fade away when the announcer was reading out the names of your squad with the brilliant cheers from the home support
Then came the final blow, the noise from the lifting of the trophy all while we were stood in this pouring down rain getting soaked
I must say though your supporters are a credit to your club and I want to congratulate you all on promotion and wish you all the very best next season in the Conference Premier
It is something I hope never happens to us again as twice is far too many times, I don't think I will recover until the start of next season when there is something else to focus on
All the best for the future.
adambridGAFC

the applause was great very in the moment - and was lovely to see that does not happen much- you were a good match for us and i wish you luck for the future
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 08:38:15 PM »

Cannot imagine how that felt on Saturday.....in footballing terms it is as cruel as it gets.........but I reckon you might have done us on pens and hence we could be feeling the same despair right now.........I suppose it would have made it easier for either teams fans if there had been an obvious 'better team' on the day.....with one team taking a convincing lead first half and then hanging on to it

Closest thing to the above for me is after we won away at Grimsby in April 2011 giving us a great chance to stay up by beating a woeful (already relegated) Eastbourne side at home.....they raced to a 3 nil lead only for us to get even before they scored again to relegate us............a win would have done for us

I hope you get your chance again next season and you come good
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:40:27 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 08:56:39 PM »

Thanks I hope we go and win the league, can't be doing with any more playoffs!

I spoke to Danny Boshell on the pitch at the end and told him it's yours to lose next year. With your board, the plans for the future and clearly a very good young management team, no side will look forward to playing you next year. That said, agree with Ecky about the flat cap brigade who give the full Amos Brearley treatment on the way out by the tunnel!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 11:22:07 PM »

The best atmosphere I have witnessed at Alty and the Guiseley contingent were in no small way responsible for that.

Best wishes for the the future and would love to see you back here when were both in the Conf Prem.

mortlakebob

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:02 PM »

Great post adam. Credit to your club. Went on to pitch to celebrate only to spend the next 5 mins consoling your devastated players and trying to get them over to your fans. U just have to believe it was 12 months too soon and go and win it next year. And we will do our best to finish 5th bottom
at worst.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 08:31:15 AM »

A great post, you are indeed a credit to your club.

Good luck for next season.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »

I thought the game was a fantastic advert for our level of football and played in the right spirit.....the gesture of your board to provide the free coaches and the enthusiasm with which it was taken up made for a cracking atmosphere.....I was very proud of of the way our fans clapped your players as they went to applaud their away fans.

I do think the decision not to play Bosh or quibble about this showed a lot of class...the same class we showed in letting him go to you with no hard feelings...

A very tense game which even without 2 key players you could have nicked and would probably have won the penalties.

Best of luck next season and thanks for an excellent post

AltySi

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »

Feeling very emotional again reading this, on such fine margins are these kind of games decided, and this was the finest of the finest, could so easily have been us on the wrong end of it. Thankfully it wasn't.
I will never, ever forget Saturday afternoon as long as I live.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team