PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goose green
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Goose green  (Read 7340 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Goose green
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 11:48:14 PM »

Apologies if this is inappropriate but, given the need for revenue AND the fact it's exclusively for home use on Saturday, might it not be nice if some of the money went over the bar in the NWS rather than bolstering the profits of external boozers?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 11:53:24 PM »

Apologies if this is inappropriate but, given the need for revenue AND the fact it's exclusively for home use on Saturday, might it not be nice if some of the money went over the bar in the NWS rather than bolstering the profits of external boozers?

If like last week the bar will be very busy and soon gets crowded
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 12:14:33 AM »

The turnstiles don't open until 13:30.... I don't think we'll have to worry about filling the bar between 13:30 and kick off Phil!

ripleym

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 12:28:20 AM »

There are perhaps a few factors at play, i.e. what time the bar opens, how many people can our volunteer bar staff feasibly serve, etc.

I'm sure everyone - and I include myself in this - would love to see the club profit from every drop of beer sold, but the spoons and Costello's offer ale much earlier, therefore people will naturally congregate there early doors.

Our bar staff are brilliant, no question, but unless we can get additional volunteers - and I know Darren ended up serving me a pint last week - then I wouldn't want to wish additional stress on Jenny and co.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:30 AM »

I think people will probably looking for a drink rather than standing in a never-ending queue, which sort of rules the bar out.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:54 AM »

When do we get Dunham Massey brewery to do an Alty FC ale?

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 06:18:22 AM »

I will spend enough money in the bar at 5 o'clock to justify going elsewhere beforehand

markecky

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 07:47:40 AM »

The bar will be packed from very early on Saturday and holds about 100 people and there could be 2500 - 3000 people with access to it.

Saturday is one of the few games of the season where it will be marvellously packed from opening and if win probably to closing time as well.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:51:23 AM by markecky »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 08:28:37 AM »

The scenes in goose green were wonderful last week, as I'm sure they will be this week, it creates goodwill between the towns traders (note how many dunham massey ales were on at the beer festival for example)  and the club. And let's the wider population of the townsfolk know we aren't just still here, but alive and kicking. I agree with phils sentiments, but on occasions like these, everyone will be a winner.

York Alty

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 09:02:31 AM »

It's important for the town to see Alty FC fans in good numbers. It's a form of advertising if nothing else. Enjoy it!

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 07:54:07 PM »

Three Cheers for the Goose Green Reds Jimmy!!

:-*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M7TdIQpshc
Have a drink on me hip hip

GB Alty

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 07:58:55 PM »

The scenes in goose green were wonderful last week, as I'm sure they will be this week, it creates goodwill between the towns traders (note how many dunham massey ales were on at the beer festival for example)  and the club. And let's the wider population of the townsfolk know we aren't just still here, but alive and kicking. I agree with phils sentiments, but on occasions like these, everyone will be a winner.
There was loads of goodwill, particularly from Francs and the other restaurants. I think they enjoyed the singing

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 08:05:20 PM »

Heathcote enjoyed it tucking in to his pud

Beaver

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 09:21:29 PM »

The Teasing Squad will be tickling chins in Goose Green this Saturday lunchtime

Cant wait!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 09:50:13 PM »

At the risk of sounding like Hamilton, I was wondering why there was a thread about the Falklands War. Googled now, all is clear.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goose green