PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee wants it loud on Saturday
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Lee wants it loud on Saturday  (Read 6002 times)

Stan Hibbert

« on: May 01, 2014, 08:07:28 AM »

Let's get behind 'em.

COYR,

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee wants it loud on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:23:42 AM »

Good interview by Lee that, and let's all take on board what he asks, all you really old people that stand on the popular side and sit in the stand not to muck in with this on Saturday  ;D Spread the word get your mates Down, we are two home wins from being back.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 08:54:06 AM »

I trust we are getting all the Popular Side on Saturday...?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:58:46 AM »

It would be a joke if we didn't. That away holds 1400 and giving them the covered bit would be completely unnecessary.

I think it could be a really good crowd actually, it's just a shame that United are at home as this may take a few of our more casual supporters off the attendance.
Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:03:55 AM »

It would be a joke if we didn't. That away holds 1400 and giving them the covered bit would be completely unnecessary.

I think it could be a really good crowd actually, it's just a shame that United are at home as this may take a few of our more casual supporters off the attendance.

Spoke to a stewad who says shoukd it rain theyd get the top of the pop side.

We need that top corner.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:22 AM »

Its a football match (an important one) not a tea dance. The opposition should not be aided to spur on their side by the use of a roof in a home section of the ground that home supporters use every match. Simply shouldn't be allowed to happen in a game of this magnitude. There's 1,400 spaces in that away end, more than enough.

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 10:11:16 AM »

Its a football match (an important one) not a tea dance. The opposition should not be aided to spur on their side by the use of a roof in a home section of the ground that home supporters use every match. Simply shouldn't be allowed to happen in a game of this magnitude. There's 1,400 spaces in that away end, more than enough.
You may have to get used to it - it could very well be that in the event of promotion that particular area becomes a regular 'sterile zone' at the very least, if not part of the visitors' allocation.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 10:14:47 AM »

If it rains there's a covered seating area they can use.

Do we want to make use of our "home advantage" or not? This is not a time for "being nice" it's an opportunity to move a step closer to promotion. We need to get real!!
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »

This thing about the sterile area has always confused me. There's a perfectly adequate (in my view) sterile area in the corner between the popular side and the away end. There's no need to close half a terrace just to be on the safe side. We didn't even close that corner of the pop side when we played Millwall, despite many of us choosing not to stand there. We've got a league standard (if slightly tired) ground, there's no need to have a huge gap which compromises the enjoyment of our own supporters.
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 10:21:32 AM »

This topic is my pet hate let us stand on the popular side under the gantry ffs.

Time that the club considered the fans on this one.

Will seriously consider whether or not to come if they move us.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 10:25:42 AM »

Stockport's away end is open and seated which is worse than open and standing. Maybe we could set up a poncho stall.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »

You may have to get used to it - it could very well be that in the event of promotion that particular area becomes a regular 'sterile zone' at the very least, if not part of the visitors' allocation.

Fully accept that mike, especially when sides are bringing big followings, Hednesford will have a maximum of 400 on a terrace that holds 1,400. The manager wants it loud,as stated in his interview.That won't happen if we are stuck half way up the pop side when attacking the chequers end. I'm all for being accommodating, but I'm a bit bored of us being nice to our own detriment. Nice people don't win things unfortunately.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 10:52:25 AM »

There's nothing wrong with being extra hospitable to away fans, but if our own fans are inconvenienced as a result then the club is getting it's priorities wrong

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 11:06:09 AM »

We have an away end for a reason. When we were in the conference and played against york we were given the uncovered away end. If you wanted cover you had to pay an extra pound to sit down. The same applied at exeter to name another who had an uncovered away end. Away ends are for away fans, as are mainstands if you want a seat. No other team would take away from their own supporters in such a high profile game.

If we can have the pop side corner of the stand for Burton in the FA cup and the sterile area between that and the away end was suitable for that then why is it not suitable for a game against Hednesford? That borders on ridiculous in my opinion. Especially with a larger than normal home contingent, reducing the popular side capacity for home supporters is only going to aggravate people who normally stand halfway down it as they are impeded by others who stand in the corner. Both groups of which are entitled to do as they like.

As we're expecting about 500 tops from Hednesford, why not extend the sterile area into the away end if such an excessive amount off space is needed?

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 11:45:08 AM »

We need everything behind us. sod being nice, we need that end, we need that roof, we need that atmosphere. Use everything to our own advantage. If it is raining get in the main stand or the family stand.

For gods sake Altrincham have some sense in this, we will play our part to sing and cheer the lads on but don't bloody ruin it and make it harder than it is already.

I WILL BE SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF WE DON'T HAVE THE FULL POP SIDE.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team