News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve Cross / Tottenham 1995

Author Topic: Steve Cross / Tottenham 1995  (Read 1324 times)

markecky

« on: April 25, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »

Was nice to have a chat with Steve Cross up near the press box on Saturday, his son came on for Vauxhall near the end. 

He still sees Dave Cockram but not many of the other players from that time.  I forgot that he scored twice on his debut against Northwich in the game when Neil Hardy didn't give us the ball back and they scored ( was it the late equaliser?)

Beezers made a good point after the game that it would be good to get the Tottenham team back together for an event as it will be 20 years next year.

I'd love to see what Andy Green is up to these days and a few others..would need a bit of organising but I wonder if it could be done.

We could try and get the whole match and show it on the screens...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Cross / Tottenham 1995
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 12:09:12 AM »

It might also coincide nicely with the opening of our new bar facility.....
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Cross / Tottenham 1995
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 01:17:17 AM »

Was nice to have a chat with Steve Cross up near the press box on Saturday, his son came on for Vauxhall near the end.  

He still sees Dave Cockram but not many of the other players from that time.  I forgot that he scored twice on his debut against Northwich in the game when Neil Hardy didn't give us the ball back and they scored ( was it the late equaliser?)

Beezers made a good point after the game that it would be good to get the Tottenham team back together for an event as it will be 20 years next year.

I'd love to see what Andy Green is up to these days and a few others..would need a bit of organising but I wonder if it could be done.

We could try and get the whole match and show it on the screens...

Ecky,

How on earth could you fail to recall that?!

For that feat alone, instant legend status was bestowed upon Steve Cross.

Indeed, the green slime (under the supervision of the former Alty manager John Williams) equalised in injury time via typically nefarious means.

It was good to have a chat with Steve Cross after Easter Monday's game.

I always thought that he was a consistent and rather underrated right full back for us.

Incidentally, would Stuart Terry be welcomed back to Moss Lane as a member of that 1995 team....?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team