PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 play offs
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: play offs  (Read 6709 times)

Trouty

Re: play offs
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »

Trying to keep our best players for next season is a priority once the season ends
Who decides who stays thou?
Presumably Sinnott will go if we dont get promoted so by the time a new manager is appointed half the players could be signed up elsewhere.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 07:19:11 PM »

Not sure about Salford, I think it's a disaster in the making. What do ex premiership players know about non league, there is no fan base to call on and the whole thing will be loss making from day one, with the players no longer earning x thousand a week I'm not too sure they will be too keen to splash the cash each week.

I think FCUM should be very wary of their fans defecting to Salford, they are very fickle after all.
Dont think Neville & co will have to put too much money in, just having there names associated with the club will bring in outside investment & sponsorship.

There wont be many that do maybe a few salford based ones but their forum is confident it will be small numbers.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 07:40:07 PM »

If it stays the same it's better to come 3rd rather than 2nd also be better if Telford win leauge think ferriby and hednesford alot more beatable than Telford guiseley

eightiesrobin

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »

I'm not sure Guiseley are the footballing monster everyone fears them to be. After all, they have failed in THREE consecutive playoffs. The fear of failure has to be a weakness to exploit.

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 08:17:35 PM »

That's a fair point about previous failures

brian1925

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »

Yesterday, when I looked at the fixtures, I came to the conclusion that the result we really needed to happen was Hednesford winning at Oxford. Looking at the remaining fixtures, I can see us, Hed and Guiseley winning both games, meaning we finish 3rd and Hed 4th. For me that would be just perfect - at least the best we can hope for! Guiseley and Ferriby (can't see them winning at Boston) can fight it out in the other semi. I can't see us beating either tbh, but I'd fancy Guiseley at home more than Ferriby away.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »

hednesford are actually top of the form table (last six games ) at the moment with guiseley second.

arnald

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »

I reckon in my theory of results is
we have a few big games a head of us
if the team plays well we win play bad we lose
plenty of fans ready and waiting

thegazelle

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 03:55:12 AM »

big game ...big crowd .....we lose . chorley next season for us

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 06:30:28 AM »

I can see the advantage in definitely finishing 3rd, however I'd be tempted if we beat Vauxhall on Monday to rest a good proportion of the squad away at Histon.  They looked knackered at stockport.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 09:09:26 AM »

Yesterday, when I looked at the fixtures, I came to the conclusion that the result we really needed to happen was Hednesford winning at Oxford. Looking at the remaining fixtures, I can see us, Hed and Guiseley winning both games, meaning we finish 3rd and Hed 4th. For me that would be just perfect - at least the best we can hope for! Guiseley and Ferriby (can't see them winning at Boston) can fight it out in the other semi. I can't see us beating either tbh, but I'd fancy Guiseley at home more than Ferriby away.

With Boston nearly out of it good chance ferriby may beat them

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »

I can see the advantage in definitely finishing 3rd, however I'd be tempted if we beat Vauxhall on Monday to rest a good proportion of the squad away at Histon.  They looked knackered at stockport.
[/

Cant see us being in a position to rest players at histon if  guiseley and hednesford win tomorrow we will probably need a win at histon to get third place .

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 10:15:28 AM »

We will almost certainly be in a position to rest players at Histon. It will come down to whether LS thinks it's more important to have fresh legs for the playoffs or to finish as high in the table as possible for home advantage etc. I can see arguments both ways. I agree with Toff that they looked tired at the end on Fri and I also think tiredness was a big factor at Brackley last season. No good securing home advantage if the players are too knackered to make use of it.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 play offs