PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An Apology
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: An Apology  (Read 13349 times)

FCUM

Re: An Apology
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 07:54:06 PM »

Ho ho ho.  Glass houses, stones and all that!

Fair play and coming out with the apologies though. 

shouldn't your username have an S instead of an F at the beginning of it??? :-*

Think of that yourself did you?  I thought Trafford had a good education system, but if that's the best you can come up with....

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 07:55:14 PM »

So when have I played footy v you mate ? And even though I have no idea who you are I must say "I WAS GOING FOR THE BALL "

bighairedmike

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 09:49:19 PM »

Ho ho ho.  Glass houses, stones and all that!

Fair play and coming out with the apologies though. 

shouldn't your username have an S instead of an F at the beginning of it??? :-*

Think of that yourself did you?  I thought Trafford had a good education system, but if that's the best you can come up with....

nah the education systems a joke. i thought everyone knew that. this is grammar school education for you. O wel. and yeah i fort of dat all by my big self ;)

FCUM

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 12:06:37 PM »

So when have I played footy v you mate ? And even though I have no idea who you are I must say "I WAS GOING FOR THE BALL "

Alty leisure leagues about 6 years ago.

FCUM

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »

Fair enough,was it the same mob who were letting of fireworks at one of your away games that people were a bit pissed off about?

Yeah it was his son I believe - the whole group are grade A nobs to be honest.  Unfortunately our remit doesn't extend to banning them from away games so there's not much that can be done on that front.   We have had a little bit of trouble at FCUM but it seems to be the same people all the time who then give the rest of us a bad name.  It's a shame because it subtracts from all the good community work that the club does (and there is a lot of unpublicised stuff) like anti racism days, bring a big coat day (and donate to Salvation Army) etc.

baldrick

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2007, 12:53:49 PM »

Bring a coat day? Thats a new one. Personally i hate all this anti racism nonsense. Football clubs should stick to football and not try to tell people how to think.

FCUM

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »

Bring a coat day? Thats a new one. Personally i hate all this anti racism nonsense. Football clubs should stick to football and not try to tell people how to think.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read/s158.php?f=156&i=101456&t=101456&sid=158

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2007, 10:11:22 PM »

Sorry Baldrick but that's a tw*ts thing to say, racism is vile. I know football is football etc but the fact remains that even nowadays some so called fans bait black players, and it frankly is not on. Why do you think there are few Asian players around the area, given the populations in Lancs and West Yorks? Have a peake.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 12:02:40 AM »

Football, like it or not, and at whatever level can and sometimes does exert a huge influence on the millions who watch,follow and play the game. Sometimes arguably too much influence but hey?

What better way to get over a message such as the anti-racism message or the eat healthily message (AFC Telford Utd?) or getting over the benefits of education or non-smoking or alcohol moderation (all these I believe have been done via sport in general and football in particular) I can't think of one. Every opportunity to reach a mass audience must be utilised to the max.

As a previous poster has said racism is vile. I cannot believe that your post actually supported racism but sorry you still get a Peake from me too

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 08:25:42 AM »

Sorry can I just clarify.

I didn't mean to suggest that you were supporting racism.

What I actually meant to say was that I cannot believe that you intended your post to support racism.

Sorry for that please feel free to Peake (Baldrick Only)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 08:36:52 AM »

Extraordinary...  :-[
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An Apology