PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Today's Team  (Read 15487 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Team
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »

Why have we all become so intolerant? We are in the Conference North and therefore we have Conf North standard players and management.  We have strengthened significantly since last season, despite the loss of Watmore and Boshell.  The proof?  Our equaliser yesterday came from 2 subs combining in Marshall and Wilkinson.  And ths with Reeves and Richman out.  And Perry, for all his critics is in the Top 20 goal scorers in the division.

And whilst we remain so FRUSTATING we do have more fight about us this season.

Now, more than ever, the team need us behind them for the last 4 plus 3 matches of the season, starting at Oxford on Tuesday.

See you there!

Agree and despite the loss of players like Watmore I think we've improved every season since Sinnott has joined. Some people on here seem to think we have a god-given right to be in the Conference National ever since we were relegated. It's an attitude that was hated by us of some teams in the league above yet I see the same sort of things said on here quite often.

Jimmy

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2014, 04:59:40 PM »

We're not as good as last season we maybe as high but that's because the league is worse

GB Alty

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2014, 05:00:57 PM »

We're not as good as last season we maybe as high but that's because the league is worse
A lot worse than last season

roytonmike

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »

Agree and despite the loss of players like Watmore I think we've improved every season since Sinnott has joined. Some people on here seem to think we have a god-given right to be in the Conference National ever since we were relegated. It's an attitude that was hated by us of some teams in the league above yet I see the same sort of things said on here quite often.
How right you are.

markecky

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »

You have to remember that this forum has been reduced to 10-15 posters and we have a hardcore of about 650. 

I'd love to turn more of the readers into posters and get see what kind of debate it brings but sadly I don't think that will happen.

Jimmy

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2014, 05:10:25 PM »

Not a god given right but with the players we have apart from midfield we should've been good enough

GB Alty

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2014, 05:11:30 PM »

How right you are.
ok, lets just be happy to be conf north then, let's accept it

I fully respect the league, but would never accept it as being where we should be. Every year we don't get promoted is a failure of the entire club, after three years of failure heads should roll

GB Alty

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2014, 05:14:45 PM »

You have to remember that this forum has been reduced to 10-15 posters and we have a hardcore of about 650. 

I'd love to turn more of the readers into posters and get see what kind of debate it brings but sadly I don't think that will happen.
I think you would be surprised Ecky

Trouty

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »

Agreed
This is mainly due to the loss of Watmore- A player who is impossible to replace

Trouty

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2014, 05:25:28 PM »

Why will Walshaw rejoin Guiseley?

5 minutes from his house, the man he left because of has now gone, same or more money. 

I'm sure he won't be committing himself to anything until he see's the outcome of the playoffs.  Another thing to add to our list of worries next season.
Sadly I cant see Walshaw being here next season

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »

Why will Walshaw rejoin Guiseley?

5 minutes from his house, the man he left because of has now gone, same or more money. 

I'm sure he won't be committing himself to anything until he see's the outcome of the playoffs.  Another thing to add to our list of worries next season.
Sadly I cant see Walshaw being here next season
or reeves
ParkINson's red and white army

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2014, 05:36:16 PM »

How right you are.
ok, lets just be happy to be conf north then, let's accept it

I fully respect the league, but would never accept it as being where we should be. Every year we don't get promoted is a failure of the entire club, after three years of failure heads should roll

I never said that we should accept it and I doubt anyone here is happy that we're in the Conference North, but just because we were recently relegated from the premier doesn't mean that we'll be infinitely better than those teams in the North. We haven't got the biggest budget in this league and we haven't got the biggest crowds either. There's also only one automatic promotion space to aim for.

You're making it out like promotion should be a walk in the park when there's absolutely no basis for it. I agree that we should be up there challenging every year but there are always going to be teams that are as well equipped as us, if not better.

Promotion from this league is an achievement, not an expectation.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2014, 05:39:06 PM »

How right you are.
i don't for one second think we have a god given right to be in the league above however I do feel we have a right to expect the players to give it 100% and bust a gut especially in the big games

To not have the ambition to better your self and want to be promoted is not acceptable if we don't want to get promoted what's the point in running out into the field of play. ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 05:39:25 PM »

You won't get anywhere on here talking common sense.

markecky

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »

We have a very competitive budget made possible by the continuous hard work of a very small group of volunteers to supplement gate money, golden goals etc.   We wouldn't pay the two best ( and I would guess most expensive bar Jarman ) strikers in the league if we didn't want to win games and thus win the league.

This gets more and more lost each week and I think it's very sad.

Who remembers the days of public meetings being called every 6 weeks to find £10,000 or face winding up orders?

It ain't a popular view to mention it but sometimes we lose track of what we do have whilst we shout about what we don't.  There are many clubs who would swop places with us.

Promotion is the aim at the start of the season.  We'd have to rediscover some of the mindset that we had years ago when we lose more than we win in the Premier if we got up but providing people stayed realistic then who knows what could be achieved.

It's pretty black and white for me.  if Lee Sinnott gets us up then he deserves a go at it.  If he doesn't then he has had three years at it which is time enough for any manager and it is time for a fresh face.  That is a conversation for 3 weeks time though.

For now, I back the team and see where it takes us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team