PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Today's Team  (Read 15467 times)

Jimmy

Re: Today's Team
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »

I didn't say I settled for it, it's just a fact of life - driven by simple economics as much as anything else
Finance is not the problem do you walshaw griffin boshell before he left come cheap and the wages to keep reeves and say densmore
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:25:02 PM by Jimmy »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »

If we replaced Watmore and Boshell with no one, how come we have a bench that is stronger than Ryan brook, that other bloke and 3 youth team players? 

We never replaced Boshell - Fact

We have no mid fielder in thestyle of Bosh.

We have decent defenders on the bench compared with last season

We have Perry on the bench when Damo or Walshaw are out

Perry is good for 30 mins, he cant physically last for 90 mins.

IMO if we dont go up it will be down to not replacing Bosh.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 04:24:27 PM »

There were a number of posters claiming Boshell would be no loss to us if you recall

Also the more players you pay high salaries to, the more you have to pay below average given a fixed playing budget.  For every John Rogers and John King there has to be an Ivan Crossley and Mickey Brooke

Jezza

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »

I'd have said wally was the direct replacement for watmore.....and Wilkinson was the player lined up to replace boshell......Perry was strengthening the bench for me.....and if he gets 12 from the bench next season for me he'd be worth hanging onto.

close season we need two bullying controlling midfielders and a right winger and we will pi$$ this tinpot league....as we would have done had we got one controlling midfielder and a right winger anytime this season.......lee tried with smikle and mwswaile (yes I know).

Maybe next season Williams will be back, scott can go to right back and dens can go right mid meaning we will have loads to spend on the centre quality we need having shipped a few out....

....or something.

Jimmy

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »

There were a number of posters claiming Boshell would be no loss to us if you recall

Also the more players you pay high salaries to, the more you have to pay below average given a fixed playing budget.  For every John Rogers and John King there has to be an Ivan Crossley and Mickey Brooke

The posts by people who said boshell would not be a loss were by people who must have a lack of knowledge about the game

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »

I agree Jimmy - current squad plus Bosh would be a top notch Conf North squad and we would all be a lot happier I think.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2014, 04:30:55 PM »

I'd have said wally was the direct replacement for watmore.....and Wilkinson was the player lined up to replace boshell......Perry was strengthening the bench for me.....and if he gets 12 from the bench next season for me he'd be worth hanging onto.

close season we need two bullying controlling midfielders and a right winger and we will pi$$ this tinpot league....as we would have done had we got one controlling midfielder and a right winger anytime this season.......lee tried with smikle and mwswaile (yes I know).

Maybe next season Williams will be back, scott can go to right back and dens can go right mid meaning we will have loads to spend on the centre quality we need having shipped a few out....

....or something.

and  presuming the players we want to stay next season actually do stay ?

Jimmy

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 04:31:40 PM »

Understood - but we don't need to be personally insulting to players and management.
It's a football forum if players and management are not good enough they may get insulted nothing personal maybe id prefer a pint with perry rather than walshaw but one is a quality forward the other isnt

Jimmy

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »

I agree Jimmy - current squad plus Bosh would be a top notch Conf North squad and we would all be a lot happier I think.
Agree guru

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »

There are and have been many posts on this forum since that awful day v Eastbourne stating that we will "Piss this tin pot league"

I have to say that when push come to shove in the big games it's us that seems to piss ourselves and not turn up.

Jezza

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »

maybe walshaw will want to rejoin guiseley? can't think of anyone else who will be desperately unhappy/desperately wanted by another club and have offers knockin at their door,.....

I suppose fcum may come sniffing close season....and Salford 92 will probably attempt to lure reevesey!

Jezza

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »

compared to last season the answer is quite obviously yes!...if you don't believe me here is a sample picked at random from last season  Subs: 12. Scott LEATHER, 14. Patrick LACEY, 15. Ryan BROOKE, 16. Callum MOONEY 18. Adam REID (gk)

Jimmy

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »

maybe walshaw will want to rejoin guiseley? can't think of anyone else who will be desperately unhappy/desperately wanted by another club and have offers knockin at their door,.....

I suppose fcum may come sniffing close season....and Salford 92 will probably attempt to lure reevesey!
I thought the Salford side was about young kids and from what iv heard Fcum are not big spenders despite the size of crowd

GB Alty

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2014, 04:41:48 PM »

Why will Walshaw rejoin Guiseley?

markecky

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2014, 04:47:38 PM »

Why will Walshaw rejoin Guiseley?

5 minutes from his house, the man he left because of has now gone, same or more money. 

I'm sure he won't be committing himself to anything until he see's the outcome of the playoffs.  Another thing to add to our list of worries next season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team