PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground hopping
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ground hopping  (Read 7793 times)

thegazelle

ground hopping
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »

was just reading a ground hopping blog and in the blog the guy says his target is 100 grounds . so i thought bollocks i can beat that but it turns out i cant after much searching i can only come up with 93 + wembley .

i know my score  will get massacred here but interested to see who our champion is 

rules are all teams above NWCL div one  or equivalant  and you can only  use one team  once and one ground once . ie you dont get two points for watching burton  at their old ground and new ground and you dont get 3 points for watching chester at macc and sealand road and deva stadium.

how far over 200 will  the winner get ?.

i know this would prob be better int he close season but i was bored

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ground hopping
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »

Although I wouldn't be surprised if I was going to finish bottom of this, a mate showed me this website which tracks your grounds and makes a map for you. http://www.footballgroundmap.com/

Here's mine: http://www.footballgroundmap.com/pmgarvey

thegazelle

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 03:34:49 PM »

useful site now 97 the search goes on , how could i have forgotten goole and leigh congleton south liverpool
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:45:46 PM by thegazelle »

RobinHood

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:40:39 PM »

Good opening post. I'm not sure of my score using your scoring system, but using mine I'm on 91.
That includes 2 grounds for Derby County and Coventry City, a stadium tour of Barcelona and a wander round the inside of Oxford City's ground one wet night this season when the Alty match was cancelled. On the horizon I've got Stockport County to add on Good Friday and Norwich City on Easter Sunday.

thegazelle

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 10:34:09 AM »

under the world gazelle ground hopping rules only one point each for coventry and derby none for barcelona and it has to be to watch a match so non for oxford . Sorry oh

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »

111 for me using my rules ie a different ground is a different ground even if the same team has played at both, eg Loakes Park and Adams Park.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »

I got to 174, but there loads on that website not listed

RobinHood

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »

Thanks for update on the rules Gazelle, and I appreciate that it's your game so you get to choose the rules, but I think you ought to reconsider the rules on visits to stadiums since demolished. For instance, if your old school was knocked down you wouldn't then say "ooh, I never went to school".

I take your point about Barca and Oxford City, but I'm having the Baseball Gound. 89 it is.

;)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 04:16:50 PM »

It's called ground hopping, not club hopping so I would argue we need to allow each physical location.

I only count grounds I have been to with Alty, and I am at 93 - more than half now closed.  And I haven't included Burscough (pre season friendly), the Cliff (reserves) or Horwich RMIs Grundy Hill (friendly for the reserves)

Never been to Bower Fold, or Aggborough

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »

I used the clubs I could find on that website but there are others, eg Sandbach Ramblers that I assume no longer exist.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 10:33:44 PM »

Under the Gazelle rules I had to settle for a disappointingly lightweight 90. I have to confess to some utterly ridiculous absentees such as Oldham and Rochdale......and to my eternal shame Blackpool  :'(

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 11:47:15 PM »

143 for me. Npt bad

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »

90 which is not bad

This includes England and Wales only and excludes clubs that are now defunct such as Kettering and Rushden, the likes of Bangor and Runcorn who dont fall under Gazelle rules and grounds I have been to but didnt get in or attend a match.
There are however several clubs that now play on different grounds to the ones I went to such as Bradford PA and SC**thorpe.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 09:49:14 AM »

Almost forgot Wembley.
Poor count for me 73, but as said before.
Some clubs have gone bust.
New Brighton etc.

thegazelle

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »

under gazelle rules you canhave kettering if you went there . my score includes great harwood and colne who as far as i know no longer exist . and SW counting two for loakes park and adams park is just against gazelle rules count them if you like but its like cheating at golf your only fooling yourself .  Actually talking of cheating i have got middlewich included so that might get dissallowed under scrutiny . ps did you go to middlewich is was a very funny day out .

PS i might change the rules coz if i then count runcorn linnets . both northwich grounds , wycombe , burton , and weymouth that me hundred
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:40:19 AM by thegazelle »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground hopping