PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our man at Radio 5 Live
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Our man at Radio 5 Live  (Read 5767 times)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Our man at Radio 5 Live
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »

Wilmslow Alty of this very forum, I believe?

You'd think that he could have namedropped Radio Robins though:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/mar/23/radio-5-live-jonathan-wall-bbc-20-years

Much as I would like to be the Controller of 5 live, I mainly refer to Jonno as 'the boss', slash 'governor', slash 'sir'.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:18:49 PM by Wilmslow Alty »
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 07:30:07 PM »

He still didn't answer if Alty
 would get promoted.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/mar/23/radio-5-live-jonathan-wall-bbc-20-years

Much as I would like to be the Controller of 5 live, I mainly refer to Jonno as 'the boss', slash 'governor', slash 'sir'.

Apologies for the premature elevation, however, I'm sure that your ascent to the 5 Live hot seat is inevitable.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »

I think Peter Allen doing various shows this week has been superb. If there was still a four minute warning, he should be the man to deliver it. With his calm delivery You'd just shrug and crack on, the man is an outstanding broadcaster.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 10:16:52 PM »

I think Peter Allen doing various shows this week has been superb. If there was still a four minute warning, he should be the man to deliver it. With his calm delivery You'd just shrug and crack on, the man is an outstanding broadcaster.

Agree with that. Furthermore, I think that Mike Ingham is the best football commentator around, TV or radio.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »

Well said. And with him there's none of the self-regarding self-promotion that characterises a number of his colleagues.

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 10:16:47 AM »

Agree with that. Furthermore, I think that Mike Ingham is the best football commentator around, TV or radio.

Agreed; calm, clear, informative. Shame if he's retiring.

Allen is class with a lovely level of grumpyness.

York Alty

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »

It's good for a bloke of his sort to be grumpy.  Endless positiviety can be so bloomin' tiring after a while.

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »

It's good for a bloke of his sort to be grumpy.  Endless positiviety can be so bloomin' tiring after a while.

;D

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »

Isn't Alan Green a Macc fan?

He a Macc bloody obsessive.  one reason to turn the radio off whenever he is on.

I understand he has never shown any interest in Macc at all. I also dislike his personality, he has developed into such a negative know it all that I turn the radio off whenever he's on.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 02:23:40 PM »

mortlakebob
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

mortlakebob

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »

Hes back!  And delighted to see this thread on a rare visit to the forum. There were sinnout messages last time i logged on! Nice comments about the legend that is peter allen too. And of course 5 live will increase alty coverage next season agst macc and chester and northampton in conference.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our man at Radio 5 Live