PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very Enjoyable..
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Very Enjoyable..  (Read 6162 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Very Enjoyable..
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »

I think it helps that LS seems to basically know his bext XI and has largely stuck with it recently instead of chopping and changing all the time. We're still lacking strength in depth though and I'd like to see a couple of reinforcements brought in.

Hopefully, we can go on an unbeaten run for the rest of the season and push Telford all the way.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 09:26:53 AM »

A brilliant performance interesting that perry has made a big impact coming on late last 2 games

The fans were in excellent voice as well especially first half

The club needs to think on its feet re the attendances - kids for free with paying adult - cheaper entry ? Free tickets to all schools ? Local marketing ?

Very worrying the last 2 attendances

Well done Alty !

We can do this !!

Pretty standard midweek, 12 away fan crowd, one of the main reasons our crowds drop in the week is that the kids aren't allowed to come.

All we can do as fans is do all we can to share and promote the games on facebook/twitter and word of mouth.

It's always been the same at Alty, we seem to have to be top for people to notice.

I think the attendances for the last two Saturday home games will be better as neutrals start to realise that we will get in the playoffs.

We should flood the schools for the Vauxhall game in preparation for the playoff home leg and the beer festival should attract a few like Droyslden last year.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 09:32:28 AM »

The lack of ballboys at midweek games is a useful tactic if it means the goalkeeper gets distracted by the smell of pies when going to corners to retrieve the ball.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »

Decent performance against a side which were very attacking and therefore open, giving us lots of space. Still lots to come from this set of players, if we'd scored double I don't think BPA could've complained. What's heartening is that we've gone to Brackley and Solihull and ground out results and still have the ability to pass it around like last night.

Pity we didn't learn from last season and let Jordan Deacy repeat his wonder goal from last season. All in all a satisfying, if yet again nail biting game, we really should've sewn it up by half time. 

On to Colwyn Bay who showed they are a good passing side a few weeks ago. Another tough test but one I'm confident we can meet.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 10:14:07 AM »

I wonder if it's because we appear so safe in the play offs non die hards think they wont bother as they think nothing really hangs on each game.....we need to get the word out that this is now a title challenge as I believe it is.......can the club have a word with the local reporters so we have Alty's title challenege gathers momentum rather than alty consolidated their guaranteed play off place....

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »

The lack of ballboys at midweek games is a useful tactic if it means the goalkeeper gets distracted by the smell of pies when going to corners to retrieve the ball.
there was no ball boys Saturday either have we stopped using them ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »

Thought we were outstanding last night, play with that zip and drive for our remaining games and we'll get back to our natural level
Well done

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 05:43:49 PM »

Was impressed last night but not good enough according to a poster on the Telford forum:

"Just seen Altys goals from last night on Youtube and expected to be impressed but all four were due to comical defending by BPA. Whalley will destroy their defence".

This coupled with our resident Telford fan Louise1234 insisting that they have the league sewn up already and Alty are no where near the team they are.

They certainly seem to be very confident, and I suppose they have some right to be given their position, but I don't know if it's as "done and dusted" as they believe just yet.

markecky

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »

Was impressed last night but not good enough according to a poster on the Telford forum:

"Just seen Altys goals from last night on Youtube and expected to be impressed but all four were due to comical defending by BPA. Whalley will destroy their defence".

This coupled with our resident Telford fan Louise1234 insisting that they have the league sewn up already and Alty are no where near the team they are.

They certainly seem to be very confident, and I suppose they have some right to be given their position, but I don't know if it's as "done and dusted" as they believe just yet.

I wouldn't take them too seriously, most wanted Watson sacked after about 10 games for his style of play.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:55 PM »

I am banned from the forum when i log on at work...and i can only assume that it is because the company I work for sponsor Telford.  So, some troll has been banned for a given ip address and I have been sucked in behind them...

But otherwise I am still able to post so it's not my obsession with the 70's and 80's that has got me banned

markecky

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 11:49:05 PM »

I am banned from the forum when i log on at work...and i can only assume that it is because the company I work for sponsor Telford.  So, some troll has been banned for a given ip address and I have been sucked in behind them...

But otherwise I am still able to post so it's not my obsession with the 70's and 80's that has got me banned

I'd like a lot more of your posts from the 70's and 80's!

Next time you are at work go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and send me a message with your IP on and I will see if I can see it on the spam list.

As you say, someone in that range will have sinned.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Very Enjoyable..