PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday night
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tuesday night  (Read 8102 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday night
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »

It was only going to a replay because the other Semi Final did (possibly due to the huge injury delay) and it would have been unfair to have allowed one to go to a replay and not the other.

I believe that neither Club wanted a replay and the County FA didn't either but had no option

Jimmy

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 06:52:52 PM »

I don't go to the Cheshire cup myself however we have tried out a few youth players which you couldn't risk in league match so for that the tournament has been good to be in

GB Alty

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 07:39:43 PM »

I don't go to the Cheshire cup myself however we have tried out a few youth players which you couldn't risk in league match so for that the tournament has been good to be in
excellent post

With no reserve team we need the Cheshire cup more than it needs us

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »

It was only going to a replay because the other Semi Final did (possibly due to the huge injury delay) and it would have been unfair to have allowed one to go to a replay and not the other.

I believe that neither Club wanted a replay and the County FA didn't either but had no option

What on earth are you on about Phil? You may be right but surely you can't be telling me the rules weren't set out by the Cheshire FA before the tournament started. You must've typed this wrong mate, it reads like it was getting late after the injury delay and because it was a draw and Macc and Vics wanted to get home they decided amongst themselves to just have a replay.

At which point the Cheshire FA had to change the rules for the other semi final?

GB Alty

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 09:53:08 PM »

To confirm the rules for the semi final were changed at the start of the season. I only found this out at Prenton Park

I assume this is why we didn't bring any big gun subs on - if we had we would have easily at least drawn the game

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »

Were you to have read my post properly Ballers instead of leaping down my throat you would have seen the word possibly

I didn't know that the rules had been changed as I haven't read this seasons competition rules.

However I do know that had the other one not gone to a replay then ours wouldn't.

I also know that neither club wanted a replay

More pertinently perhaps I also also know that the CCFA have it within their gift, should circumstances dictate, to amend the competition rules in so far as whether a game goes to Extra Time and then penalties, straight to penalties or to a replay.

Given the delay in the competition, had the other semi not gone to a replay the CCFA would have considered taking such a decision. And this I know from a subsequent conversation with someone at the CCFA
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday night