PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday night
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tuesday night  (Read 8103 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday night
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 09:44:04 PM »

No injuries is more important ,hopefully thats the case

roytonmike

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 09:58:25 PM »

More importantly, Brackley lost 3-1 to Gloucester but Guiseley beat Stalybridge 3-1; Oxford beat Histon 2-1.

arnald

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 10:08:53 PM »

and we have games in hand Royton

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 10:21:51 PM »

Sounded like we created few clear cut chances, and sloppy defending cost us, but it wasn't a disgrace and the youth players did well. Would had been nice to play a Macc or Vics final, but we'll just concentrate now to ensure we play Macc on Boxing Day.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

markecky

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »

A funny game, some good play, some poor play from both sides but overall I enjoyed it.  Was very impressed with Prenton Park, it's miles bigger than I expected.

Youth team lads did very well, another solid game from Brown at right back and Jeff King, our very own John King's nephew, looks like he spent his youth trying to tackle his Uncle.  Could be one to watch.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »

Thought we played well, some of the younger lads did themselves proud, david brown and Tom Clarke both played well at the back as did pouncy upfront, and what a joy to behold seeing the nephew of an altrincham living legend flying in with crunching tackles in midfield, and at such a tender age could really be one to watch,massive boots to fill though!

arnald

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »

Thought we played well, some of the younger lads did themselves proud, david brown and Tom Clarke both played well at the back as did pouncy upfront, and what a joy to behold seeing the nephew of an altrincham living legend flying in with crunching tackles in midfield, and at such a tender age could really be one to watch,massive boots to fill though!
don't forget denis we strongly agree x prisoner and that  ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 11:50:26 PM »

Brown looks quietly confident and his positional sense is good (already impressed me against Stalybridge). My first impressions of Clarke were very positive...pity he had to go off following a disgraceful challenge which I thought merited a straight red rather than the yellow shown. King too looks a decent prospect. I thought we acquitted ourselves pretty reasonably, but couldn't really argue about the result.

Unless we're David Birch. According to HIM we were disgraceful, didn't make any attempt to win the game, Sinnott should be sacked, and we're certain to lose on Saturday on that showing. Not using any substitutes was a major problem (I actually noticed two sneak on while he was apparently distracted) and it was a waste of time coming. He'd have been better off staying at home (the one point on which I would agree with the stupid old fart).

arnald

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 12:19:36 AM »

Brown looks quietly confident and his positional sense is good (already impressed me against Stalybridge). My first impressions of Clarke were very positive...pity he had to go off following a disgraceful challenge which I thought merited a straight red rather than the yellow shown. King too looks a decent prospect. I thought we acquitted ourselves pretty reasonably, but couldn't really argue about the result.

Unless we're David Birch. According to HIM we were disgraceful, didn't make any attempt to win the game, Sinnott should be sacked, and we're certain to lose on Saturday on that showing. Not using any substitutes was a major problem (I actually noticed two sneak on while he was apparently distracted) and it was a waste of time coming. He'd have been better off staying at home (the one point on which I would agree with the stupid old fart).
sinnott can take us there to the play offs that's all

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »

I cannot understand this over the cheshire senior cup,in the 60s and 70s we wanted to win everything including this cup.
Harold

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 07:49:09 AM »

I cannot understand this over the cheshire senior cup,in the 60s and 70s we wanted to win everything including this cup.
In the same way that the big clubs look down on the cup competitions, so we deal with the CSC. Of course it's nice to win something, but the crowds for this are low, and it really rankles that it takes precedence over league games in fixture planning. We have problems fitting rescheduled games round it every season (except last year when Congleton dumped us first time out). Not having a genuine reserve team, and a small squad, only aggravates the problems.

roytonmike

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »

In the 60s and 70s the play-offs didn't exist and until 1979 the NPL - then very much a northern league rather than a north & midlands one - was the highest level league available. As leagues have got geographically bigger in scope it makes accommodating fixture changes more difficult, and as the play-offs give more clubs chance of promotion cup competitions of all shapes & sizes have gone lower down clubs' priority lists. County Cups began to lose their point when the FA Trophy came in in 1969, and tend now to be an embarrassment to clubs in the three divisions of the Conference. Had we reached the final we would not have had a midweek free to play it - no doubt we would than have had to re-arrange a league game to suit the Cheshire FA. We can't avoid entering the Senior Cup - it's effectively a condition of membership of the Cheshire FA, without which we can't enter other competitions - but the powers that be need to adjust to present-day realities, which they are doing, but only very slowly.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »

The fact that last night would have gone to a replay if it was level at 90 mins leads to the opinion they are in serious need of modernisation and proper real world administration

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 11:55:07 PM »

The fact that last night would have gone to a replay if it was level at 90 mins leads to the opinion they are in serious need of modernisation and proper real world administration
Or assassination.

GB Alty

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »

Replays only come back in this season

Have some local pride lad
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday night