PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joe Mwasile
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Joe Mwasile  (Read 5148 times)

taxi Phil

Joe Mwasile
« on: February 03, 2014, 06:39:35 PM »

I desperately want him to prove that he isn't the third winger to have turned us inside out in an opposition shirt, then been utterly useless when he played for us (see also Justin Bowler and Junior Smikle).

Jenga

Re: Joe Mwasile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »

He is on loan so dont worry he will be going back soon before he has had chance to fit in.

At least we gave him 3 games, more than the usual walk up the tunnel to the pitch.

VofD

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »

I desperately want him to prove that he isn't the third winger to have turned us inside out in an opposition shirt, then been utterly useless when he played for us (see also Justin Bowler and Junior Smikle).

Must be something to do with the letter "J" because all three have been a Joke

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 10:48:32 PM »

Was very poor tonight. Needs to go back to morcambe. He has shown very little since joining.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:50:26 PM »

very poor is a bit harsh

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »

Tonight he was very poor not harsh

eightiesrobin

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 10:56:19 PM »

Too easily disposessed, passing was poor too IMO. Should have gone off earlier.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »

If people think he was very poor tonight, they would have to find new adjectives to describe his performance at Hednesford ! I actually thought he was a lot better tonight, although still not the man we THOUGHT we were geting.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »

He's just been a massive disappointment in my opinion

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 11:28:47 PM »

If people think he was very poor tonight, they would have to find new adjectives to describe his performance at Hednesford ! I actually thought he was a lot better tonight, although still not the man we THOUGHT we were geting.
and this poses a question ?

Why do players come here and not seem to give it there all or play to there potential ?

Why is this ?

Is it a leadership or motivational issue or both?
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 11:42:10 PM »

Why do players come here and not seem to give it there all or play to there potential ?

Why is this ?

With loanees I think it's as much to do with the players mental approach.  A loan move can be unsettling and confidence players just won't shine through.  A lad on loan to get first team footy after injury is in a very different position to a bloke that's barely in the first team squad, who may already be thinking he's not good enough and then gets farmed out to a lower league club.

I know nothing about Joe, never seen him play but if he's a bloke that needs to feel confident to play well then we may never seen his best.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 11:43:24 PM »

I didn't see him play against us v Workington last season. Surely we didn't get him purely on one decent game. I haven't been impressed in the 3 games I've seen him, too slight and gets muscled off the ball too easily. Plenty of pace. Seems to slip on his ass too often.

Would rather we got a decent midfielder instead (much needed) were pretty lightweight in midfield and it needs sorting soon or the season will have passed us by.

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 11:52:04 PM »

Why is this ?

In this order I think loan players like Mwasile play to (1) Get match fit, (2) NOT get injured and then (3) win games. This is not a personal jibe, but  a matter of fact that loan players will want to get back to playing for their base team without injury.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »

I thought he did OK last night. He's not going to win anything in the air. He makes Damien look tall. His game is all about speed and turning the opposition but often the playing surface gave way beneath him last night. There's too much sand and not enough grass roots for his style of game.

If I was going to criticise him I would say that a couple of times he got to the goal line and then crossed the ball even though there was no one in the centre waiting to receive.

roytonmike

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »

I would say that he had his best half so far last night, mainly because we tried to give him the ball, but faded after the interval. He isn't the Messiah - he's here to get match fit for his employers & hopefully do a job for us along the way. Realism, please.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joe Mwasile