• View Profile
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »

Is that  a record low attendance ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 106
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 03:04:36 PM »

A few of us at the game last night worked out that the previous low that we can remember was 117 against Leigh in the unibond chairmans cup, so we think so, we await the response of the club stats big guns this evening

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »

The CSC is moribund! The Cheshire FA need to respond to the criticism by strapping themselves to a spinning wheel of death and having knives thrown at them by hypnotist Tony Le Mesmer!

Robin Reliant

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 05:18:51 PM »

If that's what you do for pleasure north of the border,please keep it to yourself, there could be children reading this. :o

altyf

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »

The CSC is moribund! The Cheshire FA need to respond to the criticism by strapping themselves to a spinning wheel of death and having knives thrown at them by hypnotist Tony Le Mesmer!

So, please welcome my un-moribund, merry band, my house band, Glen Ponder and Debonaire!!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 08:01:52 PM »

A few of us at the game last night worked out that the previous low that we can remember was 117 against Leigh in the unibond chairmans cup, so we think so, we await the response of the club stats big guns this evening

There were merely 114 present at Moss Lane on Tuesday, 11th December 2001 for the Unibond League Cup tie against Vauxhall Motors.

This was only three days after the FA Cup Second Round match versus Darlington at the same venue, which had attracted a crowd of 3,302.

I'm struggling to find anything lower than 114 but roytonmike is the man we need for this topic!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »

That's the game we were thinking of actually just after darlo! So infact 114 as opposed to 117! Excellent cult

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 10:50:30 PM »

Out with three, yes three AFC Telford fans tonight who laughed at us playing a CSC game tonight. The Salop SC is. Pre-season competition. How about a survey of how many are like this and ask the Cheshire FA why they are not following suit if the stats bare out?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »

If that's what you do for pleasure north of the border,please keep it to yourself, there could be children reading this. :o

:D

Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »

So, please welcome my un-moribund, merry band, my house band, Glen Ponder and Debonaire!!!

:D

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »

Cold night, devalued competition and few, if any, away fans.

Until the CSC reforms radically this is what we'll be getting more of.

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »

There were merely 114 present at Moss Lane on Tuesday, 11th December 2001 for the Unibond League Cup tie against Vauxhall Motors.
This was only three days after the FA Cup Second Round match versus Darlington at the same venue, which had attracted a crowd of 3,302.
I'm struggling to find anything lower than 114 but roytonmike is the man we need for this topic!
Well, I can't find anything lower than 114, though there have been quite a few sub-200 crowds in the CSC this millennium!
The CSC started to lose its point once the Trophy came in (1969) & has now lost any meaning for clubs who compete at national level or indeed, I would argue, at our level. It may have some value for clubs further down the scale, but I fear it is mainly these days a vehicle by which the County FA seeks to exert power over constituent clubs below Football League level - to enter the FA Cup & Trophy you have to be affiliated to a county FA & in order to affiliate to a county FA you have to commit to its cup competition. I don't see the county FA agreeing to abandon the competition (turkeys won't vote for Christmas) & we can't avoid entering it. The number of entries (c.20) makes it too big for a pre-season competition so it's an impasse or stalemate. That's how it is in my view - we just have to put up with it, I fear.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »

Do you think.if everybody would have.known about the free mince pie.s(.which were lovely by the way).
More would have turned up ????. and the bonus was 8 goals. Im sorry to make the subject a bit light hearted.

C O Y R

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »

Well, I can't find anything lower than 114, though there have been quite a few sub-200 crowds in the CSC this millennium!
The CSC started to lose its point once the Trophy came in (1969) & has now lost any meaning for clubs who compete at national level or indeed, I would argue, at our level. It may have some value for clubs further down the scale, but I fear it is mainly these days a vehicle by which the County FA seeks to exert power over constituent clubs below Football League level - to enter the FA Cup & Trophy you have to be affiliated to a county FA & in order to affiliate to a county FA you have to commit to its cup competition. I don't see the county FA agreeing to abandon the competition (turkeys won't vote for Christmas) & we can't avoid entering it. The number of entries (c.20) makes it too big for a pre-season competition so it's an impasse or stalemate. That's how it is in my view - we just have to put up with it, I fear.

I do accept that but the CSC (although I do enjoy it) is dying on its arse. 

Hendos

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 04:00:01 PM »

Two quick points.
1. I missed the Mince Pies
2. I think I remember less bodies at a Unibond Presidents Cup game on a foggy evening against Trafford a long time ago.

What do you know, Mr Cult?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team