Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clueless man in charge of some good players!!!!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Clueless man in charge of some good players!!!!  (Read 6523 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:06:40 PM »

Again we have been beaten by a team who simply wanted it more.  Sinnott is clueless, best chance to get out of this league, it is so poor. There should be no excuses, it is down to poor selections, tactics and not getting the players up for games.

It is not his fault but I just feel we will drop more points than gain with Perry up front.  With him up top we become a different team with a different playing style, which is hoof the ball up. I heard some oooo’s and aaaa’s when he won a few flick on’s but how many actually pull off????The ratio is very poor , our on the floor passing has completely disappeared in recent weeks/months and a lot is to do with having Perry up top. In my opinion he is still lazy. We have been poor for a number of games now, ignoring the Stalybridge games but let’s face it they were a Sunday team on those days.

We have Joe on loan but Richman in better out wide than central.

Subs should have been done earlier and the first two should have been Lawire for Perry ( which was eventually done but only as the last sub when we needed goals???) and Moult should have been put into a central position, not out wide.

I also think we should revert back to Dens , Luca, Leather and Griffin at the back as we are conceding too many.

Until Walshaw is fit I would start Lawrie and Reeves up top. I appreciate James can be soft at times and sometimes lazy too but his delivery is the best we have and he has the best shot outside the box.

Fuming yet again!!!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Clueless man in charge of some good players!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »

Ive said before Lawrie up front with Reeves is better than Perry , we played them like that last season and thought it worked OK , Rodgers is  not a good passer wastes so many balls , prefer Moult .

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:07:23 PM »

Again we have been beaten by a team who simply wanted it more.  Sinnott is clueless, best chance to get out of this league, it is so poor. There should be no excuses, it is down to poor selections, tactics and not getting the players up for games.

It is not his fault but I just feel we will drop more points than gain with Perry up front.  With him up top we become a different team with a different playing style, which is hoof the ball up. I heard some oooo’s and aaaa’s when he won a few flick on’s but how many actually pull off????The ratio is very poor , our on the floor passing has completely disappeared in recent weeks/months and a lot is to do with having Perry up top. In my opinion he is still lazy. We have been poor for a number of games now, ignoring the Stalybridge games but let’s face it they were a Sunday team on those days.

We have Joe on loan but Richman in better out wide than central.

Subs should have been done earlier and the first two should have been Lawire for Perry ( which was eventually done but only as the last sub when we needed goals???) and Moult should have been put into a central position, not out wide.

I also think we should revert back to Dens , Luca, Leather and Griffin at the back as we are conceding too many.

Until Walshaw is fit I would start Lawrie and Reeves up top. I appreciate James can be soft at times and sometimes lazy too but his delivery is the best we have and he has the best shot outside the box.

Fuming yet again!!!

100% lawrie behind reeves worked a treat at the start of last season
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 07:36:29 AM »

just watched the goals on alty TV......just look at the huge gap between havern and marshall gratefully accepted by their striker to head home...are we marking 'zonally'????
then the usual no pressure or urgency to close down the player who curls a beauty into the top corner but had the time to do it.

It is a mindset and focus problem as well as tactical and coaching that turns what should have been a dour 1-1 or 1-0 into defeat.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »

I know what you mean. For all the talk of midfield problems / Perry or not / formations etc, fact is the defence has shipped 9 goals in 3 games against bottom-half teams.

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »

that post is spot on , i always thought that you build a team from the back , we leak like .a sieve

markecky

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 08:10:09 AM »

Piss easy to watch stuff back the day after and tell players what they should have done though. 90% of all goals can be prevented in analysis after they are scored by closing down or standing in a different place. I think you know the answer to whether we were marking zonally.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 08:11:27 AM »

Havern is carrying Marshall who lacks guile and tactical awareness.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »

I think we should revert to partnering Havern with leather, Scott can make mistakes, but this current pairing has no pace

eightiesrobin

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 08:22:29 AM »

Boston have scored 16 in their last 4  games!

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »

The whole team looked clueless all over the pitch, the defending was shocking. I don't think Marshall is as good as we first thought and Luca is having to do too much at the back to cover Marshall and it's leaving us too open. There was no creativity coming from the midfield without clee and Rodgers poor passing was very obvious. Not sure why it took lee 75 mins to change anything, very poor performance all round

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »

There's certainly not much to keep the spirits up at the moment and I can't say Im looking forward to Saturday. Last season, the problem seemed to be that we had no plan B. Now we have a Plan B but insist on using it as a Plan A. Perry is OK sometimes but should we be starting with a formation that accommodates him? I dunno.

God knows where we'll end up this season. Play offs I hope but the team looks like they don't know each other at the moment.

Also feel that Carl Rogers gets a bit if a hard time. Yes, there are a few misplaced passes but also a decent number that reach their destination. I think he works hard and does OK, but that might just be me.

Onward to Saturday

eightiesrobin

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »

The whole team looked clueless all over the pitch, the defending was shocking. I don't think Marshall is as good as we first thought and Luca is having to do too much at the back to cover Marshall and it's leaving us too open. There was no creativity coming from the midfield without clee and Rodgers poor passing was very obvious. Not sure why it took lee 75 mins to change anything, very poor performance all round

Agree, Clee is sorely missed when absent. I hope Walshaw is back soon, and actually gets a game. If I were him, I'd be thinking about a move. I can't imagine he's enjoying benchwarming and providing the half-time kickabout.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 01:54:05 PM »

Marshall was shown up against Barrow, Leamington, Gainsborough and Worcester (10 goals conceded).

He was okay against Stalybridge but my Nan would have looked okay against Stalybridge.

He should never have tampered with the back four of Dens, Havern, Leather and Doughty.

altyf

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »

I'm disgusted by the last two results, but I think it's important to note that despite wasting glorious opportunities against 2 sides somewhere in the mediocre to sh*te category, the title race is not over. We still have games in hand on everyone around us bar Telford, and the same still applies in that a winning streak would put us in a great position, especially with crucial games against Heds and Telford coming up

Also, I really don't think Sinnott can be blamed for the squad. I think we actually have one of the most 'complete' squads in the league, and whilst centre-midfield is a worry, he explained the reasons for letting Boshell go - I'm not sure it's in the club's philosophy to keep someone against their will and we might find that hard to swallow as fans but it's something that stands us in great stead in other areas. Our bench last night of Moult, Wilkinson, Leather and Lawrie are all talented enough to get into the first 11 for most of the teams in this league and that's without two of our best players in Walshaw and Clee! Other than maybe Moult for Rodgers, I can't see too much wrong with his starting 11 last night.

The worrying thing for me is how many times we seem to change tactically during a game. It's becoming absurd. I always thought Sinnott quite an astute tactician and was never bothered by his 'distant' relationship with the fans, I actually thought it was refreshing after so many people gave Heathcote jip for getting too involved and outspoken - but it's as if he doesn't know himself what the strategy is before the game. I think that every game we have lost this season we have conceded first, and the main reason we concede first is when we allow teams to grow in confidence and get a hold on the game. When we're in full attacking mode I think we're the best in the league, but too often we look dis-jointed. I understand that there have been some poor player performances, but I think the overall lack of cohesion is down to Sinnott. Really poor.

As someone else stated somewhere else, we haven't made ourselves difficult to beat in the slightest. We either turn up and win or look lacklustre and lose.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:39:31 PM by Niall Flynn »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team