PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 and in Chales Sale's column
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: and in Chales Sale's column  (Read 6179 times)

dopamine

Re: and in Chales Sale's column
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 11:48:57 PM »

I guess fracking and nuclear power is not for you then Mr NickyClee's etc. Bloody leftie  :D

Since when has a disdain for shoddy journalism been a purely leftie condition? (can't give the left all the positive traits  :P )

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 11:19:25 AM »

Sorry guys but I am an avid reader of the mail but that is my choice and I have done so for the last 30 years or so.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »

On my last message in support of my paper, I find the mail informative, sometimes I agree a little with inaccurate reporting, but it has many good points; eg, the MAC cartoons, Fred Bassett, not afraid to speak up for the public. Remember the challenge to the Eltham racist murderers and the challenge to sue them? They have on a couple of occasions reported on items such as Damien Reeves, Duncan Watmore etc. There are very good two page essays on the Saturday, as well as a great TV guide, and not least genuine answers to people's problems. but it is the arts page on Fridays and the financial page on Wednesday that has good tips and useful information.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, myself included. Therefore I am entitled to defend my newspaper of choice.

As for it's competitors, half of them I would not wipe my backside with, and some of you may have noticed, I can spell and use proper grammer.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:35:17 AM by Steve from Sale »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 11:41:22 AM »

You were okay up until the last word Steve

GrammAr rather than GrammEr   ;)

I acknowledge your right to defend what you read as well as defending mine and other people's equally valid right to express an opinion which you may have noticed I did  :)

markecky

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »

The Daily Mail told me that the worst winter for 200 years were coming along with 4 million Romanians, one of whom would take my job.

I've been waiting for all three for weeks now and it's getting tedious, I am wondering if it might have been a myth.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »

The Daily Mail told me that the worst winter for 200 years were coming along with 4 million Romanians, one of whom would take my job.

I've been waiting for all three for weeks now and it's getting tedious, I am wondering if it might have been a myth.

Don't worry Ecky, your jobs safe mate. I can't see a Romanian leading the singing at Moss Lane anytime soon.  :D

As for the 4 Million Romanians - stick em in the away end and give em a mince pie   ;)

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »

The Romanians won't get your job ecky because your not in wetherspoons at 10am Monday to Friday

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »

You were okay up until the last word
Afraid not ATS "It's" should be "its" earlier.

(Sorry Steve, just taking lessons in being a pedant)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:55:24 PM by buryalty »

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »

You were okay up until the last word
Afraid not ATS "It's" should be "its" earlier.

(Sorry Steve, just taking lessons in being a pedant)
Always suspected you were a closet grammar Nazi Ray  ;)

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 10:49:24 PM »

On my last message in support of my paper, I find the mail informative, sometimes I agree a little with inaccurate reporting, but it has many good points; eg, the MAC cartoons, Fred Bassett, not afraid to speak up for the public. Remember the challenge to the Eltham racist murderers and the challenge to sue them? They have on a couple of occasions reported on items such as Damien Reeves, Duncan Watmore etc. There are very good two page essays on the Saturday, as well as a great TV guide, and not least genuine answers to people's problems. but it is the arts page on Fridays and the financial page on Wednesday that has good tips and useful information.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, myself included. Therefore I am entitled to defend my newspaper of choice.

As for it's competitors, half of them I would not wipe my backside with, and some of you may have noticed, I can spell and use proper grammer.

This! They have some excellent and well informed columnists too.

Hamilton

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »

Put simply calling the Daily Fail a Newspaper is an affront to journalism and also contradicts the Dictionary Definition of same

Ah! But you do seem to have slightly leftie traits, which might influence your choices.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »

I'm surprised anyone reads a national newspaper these days, what with everything being available free on the net. I will sometimes buy the Stockport Express, mainly for the court reports and obituaries
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 and in Chales Sale's column