PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamingtons Stefan Moore
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Leamingtons Stefan Moore  (Read 17523 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Leamingtons Stefan Moore
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »

1995 wasn't the only time it happened to us, though. We were on the verge of going bust in 2002 before Geoff Goodwin and Grahame Rowley saved the day. It took us years and years to get back in the black after those dark days.
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 07:45:33 PM »

I think we all agree that investment is a good thing. What we don't like the idea of is having one man in charge of everything who could throw his toys out of the pram and pull the plug at any given time.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »

I think we all agree that investment is a good thing. What we don't like the idea of is having one man in charge of everything who could throw his toys out of the pram and pull the plug at any given time.
Precisely. And we need to remind ourselves sometimes that we're part-time. In1979-80 winning the Conference (by whatever name) was the bridge from part time to full time. With all the foreign stars coming into the full time ranks, the level we are at  now equates to where we were back then ! Our survival in Conference National last time up was technically the pinnacle of our league achievements, since the vast majority of opponents were full time.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2014, 08:38:57 PM »

Precisely. And we need to remind ourselves sometimes that we're part-time. In1979-80 winning the Conference (by whatever name) was the bridge from part time to full time. With all the foreign stars coming into the full time ranks, the level we are at  now equates to where we were back then ! Our survival in Conference National last time up was technically the pinnacle of our league achievements, since the vast majority of opponents were full time.

Yes, it does appear that the Skrill Premier is effectively the 5th division of the football league - "League 3" if you will. 

Pat

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 08:43:54 PM »

Yes, it does appear that the Skrill Premier is effectively the 5th division of the football league - "League 3" if you will. 
tell that to Halifax, and all the other part time teams who are more than holding their own

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »

investment, yes. Money man with ££ who would almost certainly get bored, no thanks.

Seeing as though Fleetwood's been mentioned, do you not think supporters will get bored when they've been in league 2 for 5 seasons? Pilley will and will go. Morecambe slightly different as they are an established league team with long standing supporters

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »

1995 wasn't the only time it happened to us, though. We were on the verge of going bust in 2002 before Geoff Goodwin and Grahame Rowley saved the day. It took us years and years to get back in the black after those dark days.

How arrogant of me to forget that. Easy to forget really

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »

tell that to Halifax, and all the other part time teams who are more than holding their own

Hyde- bottom
Dartford - second bottom
Southport - 19th

Wouldn't say the part time teams are 'holding their own' Nuneaton having a good season but they've just put the whole squad up for sale!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »

[/quote]

I have held my own on many occasions and whilst there was brief joy and satisfaction, it did not last and ultimately I was left back where I started feeling somewhat deflated.

For every success of cash injections, just as many failures could be named. It's a bit of a pointless exercise as every case is different.

For progress to be long term there needs to be a sound foundations to build upon. Any monies coming in need to be sustainable. I don't think anyone wants to be a fat cat's plaything, unless bending over and being taken for all you're worth is up your dark alley of prostitution.

I for one certainly do NOT envy clubs like Brackley.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:55:49 PM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jimmy

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 09:07:14 PM »

This has certainly strayed from the original topic hardly anyone has mentioned the quality or lack of stefan Moore

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »

This has certainly strayed from the original topic hardly anyone has mentioned the quality or lack of stefan Moore

LOL. He's certainly quality, but I don't believe it has strayed at all. The thread is about Stefan Moore having signed for Brackley and it is therefore perfectly reasonable to debate the reasons for him having gone there. We all know they tempted him away with big bucks and the debate on whether or not that is a good thing was sure to follow.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jimmy

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2014, 09:46:40 PM »

Well atleast you mentioned he's quality non sure what your  lol at
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:51:29 PM by Jimmy »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2014, 09:48:11 PM »

Sadly I'm yet to know of anyone who wants to pump money in for no return - ever

God I hope they exist

Where are they ?

Find them if you can

Only 1 caviat - they can want nothing in return for there investment

Good luck
ParkINson's red and white army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »

Well atleast you mentioned he's quality non sure what you lol at

I was laughing at the fact that you seem to think that the only issue of debate when a player moves is whether he's any good or not.

Pat

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »

Hyde- bottom
Dartford - second bottom
Southport - 19th

Wouldn't say the part time teams are 'holding their own' Nuneaton having a good season but they've just put the whole squad up for sale!
Halifax - 7th
Nuneaton - 9th
Salisbury - 10th
Braintree - 11th
Welling - 14th
Woking - 17th

I would call that holding their own
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamingtons Stefan Moore