PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamingtons Stefan Moore
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Leamingtons Stefan Moore  (Read 17543 times)

markecky

Re: Leamingtons Stefan Moore
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »

Short short memories.

York Alty

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »

Short short memories.

Yup.  Been there, dragged to the verge of oblivion.  no desire to do that again.

Pat

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »

Short short memories.
not all money is bad ecky

we need some serious investment

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »

Short short memories.
not all money is bad ecky

we need some serious investment

as long as the backer doesnt want the money back the problem would be when it dried up

markecky

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »

All money certainly isn't bad, we could do with three or four more directors to put some money in and some hours in to ease the load on the current directors.  Although a return to a fundraising mindset would be nearly as good.

I could write about 10 pages on this but what's the point.  Perhaps we could let the legal proceedings finish with the last backer before we go for a new one?

I'm falling into the trap of thinking that the 10-15 people that are left on here represent the football club support. I'd love to be able to promote this forum so that some of the other 650 could get involved.

People are trying to engineer a crisis and I'm not really sure why.  The club has never been in a stronger position for many years and if the community hall comes off it will be strong for years to come.  Sorry if that view upsets anyone.

That's the last word from me for few days, lets hope we beat Stockport Sports!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:47:16 PM by markecky »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 06:38:56 PM »

Imagine Altrincham found a sponsor willing to stump up £13,000 a week. Would we turn the money away because we weren't getting the 1000 extra people through the gates that it equates too? Brackley have a backer who's willing to pick up the bill.
nothing wrong with having a backer

wish we had one

agree look at fleetwood

Look at Kettering. Look at Darlington. Look at Northwich. Look at what went through a lot of minds here in May 1995.

There's nothing wrong with aiming high, and wanting more. But be careful what you wish for.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »

Did something happen at Altrincham with a backer which went belly-up? The club nearly went bust?

This is a serious question,I have been away for many years and didn't follow football at all for a lot of that. Thanks all.

bumble

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2014, 07:08:41 PM »

I get annoyed by the perception I have about the club being scared of change.

Whilst we have to apprechiate where we've come from. That should never come at the extend of progress and ambition.

3rd in the league is good, but not exeptional. We have a lot to be happy with but that doesnt mean ignoring what goes wrong, or indeed what is wrong.

We have so much to shout about thats great - Lets shout it from the rooftops. We have areas to work on. Lets work on them. rather than throwing it back that we should be greatful.

I am not saying the issues we have are earth shattering, and perhaps whats annoying about them is theyre so easy to fix!

Please please dont let us become complacient and stagnent - which we are in danger of doing.

We are a safe club but I often wonder if thats our biggest problem.

Oh and Pat - investment is needed, but I reckon is time as much as anything

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »

is there an advert for the forum in the programme?.....goes very quiet on here when there is no crisis or we've won.....

for every Fleetwood there is a grays or a canvey island....not so long ago we were enviably eyeing the money going into colne dynamos.

The way forward for alty is strategically through the community and hopefully some financial help for the board although with the shareholding breakup no-one will ever get complete control so we at least should be safe.....

I do think if we can get back into the conference and hold our own playing attractive football our position could snowball upwards with community support.

Pat

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »

Imagine Altrincham found a sponsor willing to stump up £13,000 a week. Would we turn the money away because we weren't getting the 1000 extra people through the gates that it equates too? Brackley have a backer who's willing to pick up the bill.
nothing wrong with having a backer

wish we had one

agree look at fleetwood

Look at Kettering. Look at Darlington. Look at Northwich. Look at what went through a lot of minds here in May 1995.

There's nothing wrong with aiming high, and wanting more. But be careful what you wish for.
look at Fleetwood, Burton, Morecambe, Crawley, Stevenage, Wigan even

we play village teams that have bigger clout than us these days

Pat

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 07:15:50 PM »

I get annoyed by the perception I have about the club being scared of change.

Whilst we have to apprechiate where we've come from. That should never come at the extend of progress and ambition.

3rd in the league is good, but not exeptional. We have a lot to be happy with but that doesnt mean ignoring what goes wrong, or indeed what is wrong.

We have so much to shout about thats great - Lets shout it from the rooftops. We have areas to work on. Lets work on them. rather than throwing it back that we should be greatful.

I am not saying the issues we have are earth shattering, and perhaps whats annoying about them is theyre so easy to fix!

Please please dont let us become complacient and stagnent - which we are in danger of doing.

We are a safe club but I often wonder if thats our biggest problem.

Oh and Pat - investment is needed, but I reckon is time as much as anything
Good post Jack

Ecky nobody it trying to engineer a crises - but sometimes some people have to say it as it is, and you need to accept that and not get upset

Pat

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »

Did something happen at Altrincham with a backer which went belly-up? The club nearly went bust?

This is a serious question,I have been away for many years and didn't follow football at all for a lot of that. Thanks all.
yes 19 years ago

and we have been scared to move on ever since

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 07:19:08 PM »

John Maunders.

Saved at the last minute with bailiffs at the ground IIRC by John King

Jimmy

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 07:38:32 PM »

To be honest I am sometimes a little critical and think we have shown a lack of ambition this can't be said this season the likes of griffin walshaw even perry are big names at this level the board have backed the manager

Pat

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »

To be honest I am sometimes a little critical and think we have shown a lack of ambition this can't be said this season the likes of griffin walshaw even perry are big names at this level the board have backed the manager
nobody is heckling the current board Jimmy

but more investment is NOT necessarily a bad thing, particularly if we ever want to get back to the conference
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamingtons Stefan Moore