PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TONIGHT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: TONIGHT  (Read 16607 times)

roytonmike

Re: TONIGHT
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 10:09:37 PM »

If Bath Alty's team is intended for Saturday the following points need to be made;
1. Clee is unavailable (suspended - bookings)
2. Leather (& Smikle, incidentally) was reported as ill & therefore unavailable this evening
3. Richman was reported as injured & therefore unavailable this evening
4. Walshaw has picked up an injury this evening
Options may be somewhat more limited than you would suggest in the short term at least.
Romeo 48 has it right - we can't remodel to accommodate one particular player; a number of our players are just not technically capable of so doing.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:12:17 PM by roytonmike »

Bath Alty

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »

It was more aimed at what Lee should have done in the last two games instead of moving our best players out of their best positions
  For Saturday

Stu
Scott  Havern  Marshall  Griffin
Richman  Moult  Higgy   Buzz
        Perry    Reeves

Dens in for Richman if still injured, hoping Scott is back from illness.  If not Dens at RB and Wilkinson / Lawrie plays RM. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:13:47 PM by Bath Alty »

roytonmike

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:56 PM »

It was more aimed at what Lee should have done in the last two games instead of moving our best players out of their best positions
Point taken.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:22 PM »

Looks like 3-5-2 hasn't worked. We move on. He's not playing Higg in midfield possibly because he's just come back from injury? I don't know but new players = some disarray in the team and we're not going to click overnight. I know this is a good opportunity for the "SINNOUT" brigade but a bit more patience is due I think, especially as we're still 3rd in the league.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2014, 10:31:15 PM »

We should be top of the league, we keep throwing away points, as for "patience" well our patience ,being forced to do 30mph over the woodhead pass due to high winds after watching that utter farce is being severely tested

Pat

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2014, 10:31:45 PM »

Looks like 3-5-2 hasn't worked. We move on. He's not playing Higg in midfield possibly because he's just come back from injury? I don't know but new players = some disarray in the team and we're not going to click overnight. I know this is a good opportunity for the "SINNOUT" brigade but a bit more patience is due I think, especially as we're still 3rd in the league.
the fact that we still third in the league is the problem

or is third good enough in January?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 10:34:24 PM »

I often think what is the point of forumites obsession with posting what they think the team should be for each and every game when we don't know for certain who is or isn't available. But then again I suppose it gives the frustrated/budding managers amongst us a go at picking the team.

Maybe if we just have a dozen or so guys available for Sat it will stop LS pissing about so much  ;)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2014, 10:35:35 PM »

At the moment it is yes, especially when the gap between third and first is 2 points. It's certainly not grounds for making drastic changes,

Louise1234

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2014, 10:36:28 PM »

I don know why you're all getting upset, AFC Telford will catch fire and win this league anyway.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »

I don know why you're all getting upset, AFC Telford will catch fire and win this league anyway.

Saturday is certainly going to be interesting.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2014, 10:37:56 PM »

FFS
Why was it obvious to all that we got away with this formation on Saturday? Luckily. Shouldn't the manager be smarter than the fans? My patience time-clock started at Gigg Lane when we played FCUM  a couple of years ago. By his substitutions ( especially taking Jack Redshaw off)  he ensured we lost the ascendency we had at that time and went on to lose. He has continually demonstrated since that day he does not know who best to select or where to play his players. It's consistent. It's continual. It's Sinnott. You can argue he's better than Heathcote and McKenna but he's not the Messiah. We can do better.

Louise1234

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2014, 10:38:36 PM »

Sinnout

He just hasn't got the bite that will drive the team to grasp the nettle and get top of the table and stay there.

Be honest, who is truly surprised by us throwing it away again here?

Nobody's surprised. It's football.

York Alty

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2014, 10:39:46 PM »

At the moment it is yes, especially when the gap between third and first is 2 points. It's certainly not grounds for making drastic changes,

Had a cuppa tea, still angry about the manner of the defeat but this is correct.  Changing manager now would be bonkers.

Louise1234

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2014, 10:40:21 PM »

Saturday is certainly going to be interesting.
Hopefully their new star signing " apparently" wont be signed this week, before Alty play them.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2014, 10:41:47 PM »

we have one of the best if not the best squad in this league need to find right formula and be consistent
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TONIGHT