News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trials...

Author Topic: Trials...  (Read 3062 times)

samba

Trials...
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:38:15 PM »

Do we hold open trials pre season at all?  Could be a good way of discovering players, i'm sure if it was advertised well enough at least 1 play could get discovered?  And worst come to worst, I don't think we'd lose anything from it.

Any thoughts?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Trials...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:41:29 PM »

I am sure at training gh would look at new players, I am sure he will be looking now?

samba

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 08:43:04 PM »

Not a clue.

I just think if we did open trials (a la AFC Wimbledon and FCUM if I remember rightly) we'd get a few down.  Nowhere near the amount they did, but if it was well advertised (say, in the MEN and SAM?) then we could find an undiscovered...

Alty FC-X Factor!

radcliffe alty

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

I doubt there are many in non league who know as much as Graham and Dalton.

If there is someone out there who can do a better job than what we have at the moment, for the same money, I am sure they are onto it.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »

Still a good idea perhaps the club will pick up on your line of thought?

samba

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 08:55:40 PM »

I doubt there are many in non league who know as much as Graham and Dalton.

If there is someone out there who can do a better job than what we have at the moment, for the same money, I am sure they are onto it.

You won't hear me say a bad word! I'm just coming up with some ideas.  The way I look at it, it can't do any harm?  I'm sure there have to be some people lurking around who are great at footy but never thought of going for a proper club, but might try out in an open trial as there's nothing to lose.

AS I say, worst comes to worst, the club wouldn't lose anything from it!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 10:11:23 PM »

Curzon Ashton have done well in the FA Vase - worth looking at a few of their players?

samba

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 10:44:15 PM »

Not from what i've seen. Saw them against Maine Road, no one particularly stood out from what I remember.  But as you say, worth looking at.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:20:09 AM »

Curzon Ashton have done well in the FA Vase - worth looking at a few of their players?

a couple in my opinion, seen them twice this season against leatherhead and truro and the lad upfront norton impressed and so did the lad in the centre of defence, ex stalybridge fella to be honest though the reason they are doing well is they have a real team spirit going on wanting the result for each other. similar to us they want it for themselves not for the money. they are doing well cause they are in a part time league playing part time football!!!

Butty

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 02:08:52 PM »

unfortunately, bright as the idea will be, too many people will put themselves down and say they aren't good enough. I think the fact that we are potentially 4 wins away from an encounter with a top Premiership club (FA Cup) might scare people away from us. Maybe employing a few (more) scouts and sending them out to local matches would help and then holding an invitation trial with those players might be a good idea though

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 02:28:59 PM »

barrow have a striker that is knocking in a few i see
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trials...