PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season over
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Season over  (Read 20958 times)

York Alty

Re: Season over
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2014, 10:05:02 PM »

gutted.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »

Seventeen points from the last thirteen games. We have wasted the flying start we made and look set for about a 9th place finish. Not good enough.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »

Especially in such a poor league. I have never been a fan of Lee from the start, he has never sat well with me !!!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/form/confnorth?count=8

Big result that, particularly after the Gainsborough debacle. Didn't go so can't comment and maybe the conditions didn't suit us, but that's why I thought Perry was recruited. Looks like it didn't work. Can we please revert to the strength of our team, ie passing football, which means not starting with Perry. Some of the stuff we have played under LS has been superb, even without Duncan and Bosh. I would've thought LS shouldve learned from the Ben Mills experience when we changed our style, lumped it and wobbled.

Still convinced Lawrie behind Reeves and/or Walshaw is our best option. With Nicky and Joe out wide we have the firepower to overcome anyone irrespective of defensive calamity. Still plenty to play for but if he persists with our very own KP as first choice I think he's getting it seriously wrong.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2014, 10:30:56 PM »

This thread had me fooled. I wondered how much could have been written already tonight, then I realised it was started over a month ago. We've got good players here who aren't being managed. Tonight there was no game plan at all. Everytime we play against a team that hussle and hastle and tackle we are clueless. We looked good against Stalybridge because they were useless, and we looked good at Colwyn Bay because they stood off and gave us room. What's happened to Wilkinson? I don't want to wish anyone out of a job but there must be plenty of non-league managers in this area who could coax a more cohesive performance out of these players.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »

This thread had me fooled. I wondered how much could have been written already tonight, then I realised it was started over a month ago. We've got good players here who aren't being managed. Tonight there was no game plan at all. Everytime we play against a team that hussle and hastle and tackle we are clueless. We looked good against Stalybridge because they were useless, and we looked good at Colwyn Bay because they stood off and gave us room. What's happened to Wilkinson? I don't want to wish anyone out of a job but there must be plenty of non-league managers in this area who could coax a more cohesive performance out of these players.

any names of managers ? i cant think of many

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2014, 10:36:27 PM »

did post weeks ago that the team would finish 6th ,or there abouts, think thats been confirmed tonight !!!!

Well, that's bollocks. It confirms nothing at all, we were sh*te tonight but to be honest everyone else is sh*te in this league too. All it confirms is that we've wasted one of our games in hand.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2014, 10:37:33 PM »

any names of managers ? i cant think of many

Could anyone do worse?

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2014, 08:03:11 AM »

did post weeks ago that the team would finish 6th ,or there abouts, think thats been confirmed tonight !!!!

Well, that's bollocks. It confirms nothing at all, we were sh*te tonight but to be honest everyone else is sh*te in this league too. All it confirms is that we've wasted one of our games in hand.
     if all the league sh*te , theres going to be a big pile on top of us !

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »

;D

Maybe you're right. sh*te or no sh*te, I think we'll still at least make the playoffs.

taxi Phil

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2014, 07:52:23 PM »

;D

Maybe you're right. sh*te or no sh*te, I think we'll still at least make the playoffs.
I wish I shared your optimism.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Bad Language
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2014, 09:55:12 PM »

Don't worry about VofD telling you all to Fu@k Off. He sits behind me in the main stand bellyaching his way through a whole match - When he's not there I think I've gone bleedin' deaf - Once he kept chucking his guts up through a match and between every breath shouted ' Bloody Rubbish !' I do love him really but  the whole stand is full of nutters - her in front of me who is stuck on repeat ' Get back in yer box' and ' get up yer big tart '. I also sit in front of Brian Flyn in the press box who has appalling wind (from both ends ) but that will wait for another day. Then I go into the bar at half time for some solace and read 'The Daily Telegraph' and some lunatic comes up to me and tells me that 'I have a fine pair of tits ' on me. I don't know this person and I am male. Back to the main stand for the second half and it's peeing down, cold and miserable.  I could go on about the place I call home and seemingly complain. I don't.....because I love it ( even though we lost )

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2014, 09:56:05 PM »

;D

I wish I shared your optimism.
Phil, "Golfroader" is a nom-de-plume for that factory at the end of Golf Road. They make rose-tinted glasses.

York Alty

Re: Bad Language
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2014, 09:57:42 PM »

Don't worry about VofD telling you all to Fu@k Off. He sits behind me in the main stand bellyaching his way through a whole match - When he's not there I think I've gone bleedin' deaf - Once he kept chucking his guts up through a match and between every breath shouted ' Bloody Rubbish !' I do love him really but  the whole stand is full of nutters - her in front of me who is stuck on repeat ' Get back in yer box' and ' get up yer big tart '. I also sit in front of Brian Flyn in the press box who has appalling wind (from both ends ) but that will wait for another day. Then I go into the bar at half time for some solace and read 'The Daily Telegraph' and some lunatic comes up to me and tells me that 'I have a fine pair of tits ' on me. I don't know this person and I am male. Back to the main stand for the second half and it's peeing down, cold and miserable.  I could go on about the place I call home and seemingly complain. I don't.....because I love it ( even though we lost )

OH YES! Post of the Month ;D

Guiseley fan

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »

5th in the league two games in hand over the second place club win them and your in second place. We are in 10th five games in hand over the second place club win them all we will be in second place but I know where I would rather be yes in 5th. Anybody would think the way the fans moan on here your 5th from bottom and in a relegation fight get behind the team and manager and see where you are at the end of the season that's the time to moan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season over