News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Subs

Author Topic: Today's Subs  (Read 2228 times)

Shimpa

Today's Subs
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »

I have no idea what Sinnott was thinking with the subs today. Perry should have come on for Walshaw who was awful today, then Lawrie (who was also awful) should have come off for Rodgers. This would have allowed Buzz to go into mid and Leather to go on the left. We clearly needed to make more than the one sub today and once again Sinnott can't seem to make the right decision. I think he is a great manager but simply doesn't know when or who to sub. Grr! Rant over.

markecky

Re: Today's Subs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »

I thought Walshaw ran himself into the ground, along with Densmore.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 05:53:52 PM »

I thought Walshaw was man of the match and one of a small number that outwardly really wanted it...

Shimpa

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 05:55:46 PM »

I agree with what you say about Dens. I think without him and Luca we would have been a lot worse off today... if that's even possible  :)

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 10:12:48 PM »

Once again, no Clee = no creativity. Lawrie just doesn't have that creative link with Buzz that Nicky does.

Of course, we had a player on the bench who once ripped us apart down the left in a past life. How long ago that seems now  :(

VofD

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 11:12:28 PM »

I have no idea what Sinnott was thinking with the subs today. Perry should have come on for Walshaw who was awful today, then Lawrie (who was also awful) should have come off for Rodgers. This would have allowed Buzz to go into mid and Leather to go on the left. We clearly needed to make more than the one sub today and once again Sinnott can't seem to make the right decision. I think he is a great manager but simply doesn't know when or who to sub. Grr! Rant over.

In the words of John McEnroe : YOU CANNOT BE  SERIOUS

WTF makes you think he is a GREAT  manager. >:( >:( >:(

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 08:03:21 AM »

At this moment in time Sinnott is doing a fair job but don't use the word great that's ridiculous

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »

a great manager who doesn't know when or who to sub.....I think I've found the flaw in your thesis.....

brian1925

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »

I think that judging Lee on the basis of the subs he makes is harsh . No club i have seen in our league has more than 12/13 half decent players to choose from given budgetary restraints and the fact no players of quality want to play in Conf North, especially on the bench. The truth is, if a team has injuries, it's just tough. All our rivals are in the same boat. It's largely down to getting the right 11, avoiding injuries to those 11 and getting a few lads on the bench who can do a job if needed. The standard of football and officials is poor and success and failure is decided by fine margins. At the moment it looks like we have one or two passengers on the bench and even replacing one of them with a player who can do a job would make a difference. I don't know if Junior is on a contract, presumably yes if he is still with us, but like Ecky said it would be nice to know!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Subs