PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town Match
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Brackley Town Match  (Read 10975 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley Town Match
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »

I thought we beat ourselves to be honest. We were very poor that day.
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 10:39:10 PM »

^ this we didn't turn up so we got destroyed

If you don't at least try it's pointless
ParkINson's red and white army

PeterJ

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 12:52:40 AM »

you can't say players didn't try.  they just played badly. they didn't spend all week building up to it to then not try.  they just played rubbish and Brackley played better.

bring on saturday

Jenga

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »

Anyone that attempts to be piss up my car will be left at the ground LMAO.

Baldrick

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »

Take comfort in the fact that ten years from now they will be known as AFC Brackley playing in the Rothmans Sunday Methodist Quiz League Division four South.

markecky

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »

Take comfort in the fact that ten years from now they will be known as AFC Brackley playing in the Rothmans Sunday Methodist Quiz League Division four South.

As I said on Facebook, to be fair to Brackley fans (and who wants to be fair to them I know) they are just along for the ride and when it ends they only go back to where they started.

I'm surprised there aren't more press articles on the way they run, with a benefactor who isn't a control freak covering the wages.  It would be a lot of chairmans dream.

I'm surprised their crowds stay so low, they have a quality team and win every week!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »

The question is will LS set them up in the 3-4-1-2 formation or his favoured 4-4-2.

I suspect it will be the latter, unfortunatly.
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »

I like the way for a game against a side that is also up the top end of the table we have kept our cards close to our chest. There's been no player update after training, no build up to the match in the press and no mention of any new players or formations or potential starting 11s, good work, keep the f**kers guessing and let them have 20 minutes to change things around when they get the team sheets tomorrow :)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »

I like the way for a game against a side that is also up the top end of the table we have kept our cards close to our chest. There's been no player update after training, no build up to the match in the press and no mention of any new players or formations or potential starting 11s, good work, keep the f**kers guessing and let them have 20 minutes to change things around when they get the team sheets tomorrow :)

I was thinking the same before. Considering it is the first time this season we are playing at home against someone with us in the table,and who we expected to challenge for the title with, it has been a low key build up. Hopefully we can continue where we left off against Guiseley and we don't have to rely on a last minute volley to win the game :)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

markecky

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 08:03:49 PM »

The question is will LS set them up in the 3-4-1-2 formation or his favoured 4-4-2.

I suspect it will be the latter, unfortunatly.

It's a very tough decision I think, I'm not sure what I'd do.

I think they will fly at us from the off so we must be solid.

Then again we are at home and need to try and make things happen.

The fact they have conceded four goals in all competitions is incredible.

Jimmy

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 08:19:23 PM »

I'd play the wing backs and lawrie behind the 2 forwards they will expect 4/4/2 and it will be food and drink to them

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »

A win is vitally important tomorrow.
If we only draw and then lose at theirs they will have taken four points off us.We can't afford that.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 09:14:50 PM »

I'd play the wing backs and lawrie behind the 2 forwards they will expect 4/4/2 and it will be food and drink to them

yip. that would be my way
Full time and proud of it

louise1925

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »

For what it's worth, I don't think Brackley will fly at us from the off at all. They are a team who don't seem to score that many goals, but concede virtually none! I think they will be very cagey against us and it is for US to fly at THEM from the off and try and catch them off guard. We have the quality going forward, there is no doubt about that - I just worry that should we not get off to a flier, they'll just slice through us in the second half. An early Reeves or Walshaw goal may make it a bit difficult for them to actually win the game today and I think that is what the result depends on.
Then again, I could be wrong!

markecky

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »

For what it's worth, I don't think Brackley will fly at us from the off at all. They are a team who don't seem to score that many goals, but concede virtually none! I think they will be very cagey against us and it is for US to fly at THEM from the off and try and catch them off guard. We have the quality going forward, there is no doubt about that - I just worry that should we not get off to a flier, they'll just slice through us in the second half. An early Reeves or Walshaw goal may make it a bit difficult for them to actually win the game today and I think that is what the result depends on.
Then again, I could be wrong!

Fair play, just proves my point that it's quite a tough call as there is a fair few differing opinions.

If they sit back and let us come at them then we will score so I hope you're right.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town Match