News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 West London Football Action?

Author Topic: West London Football Action?  (Read 1582 times)

ripleym

« on: October 02, 2013, 09:44:41 AM »

I thought I'd ask the question here, as I am sure there are a load of football brains on this forum who will know everything about league and non-league footy.

I'm on a training course all next week, and 2 days the following week - though I'll be coming home at the weekend, naturally, as I wouldn't miss Brackley :)

I'm looking for any footy action to entertain me while I'm there, so any midweek games really.  The closest club to where I'm staying is Brentford, however their only fixture is away to Peterborough in the Johnston's Paint Trophy.

Any advice / suggestions gratefully received.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: West London Football Action?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »

The obvious choice would be a visit to the historically world renowned Corinthian Casuals to see them take on Herne Bay on Tuesday 8th, further afield that night but do able are games and aldershot, Woking and chesham but Corinthians is nearest by a long chalk 

ripleym

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »

Nice one, Pete.  I'd already mapped out Woking and Aldershot, but Ebbsfleet and Dartford - on the other side of London - seem to be similar distance away in time, using London public transport.  Woking potentially gives me a chance to catch up with a former colleague, so is looking the likeliest for now.

In any case, photos will no doubt follow!

JDN

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »

I thought I'd ask the question here, as I am sure there are a load of football brains on this forum who will know everything about league and non-league footy.

I'm on a training course all next week, and 2 days the following week - though I'll be coming home at the weekend, naturally, as I wouldn't miss Brackley :)

I'm looking for any footy action to entertain me while I'm there, so any midweek games really.  The closest club to where I'm staying is Brentford, however their only fixture is away to Peterborough in the Johnston's Paint Trophy.

Any advice / suggestions gratefully received.
check out Wealdstone, Harrow, Hendon or Wembley FC

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »

Casuals play up the road from me, it is a very basic ground, not easily accessible being off the A3 slip road and nowhere nearby to grab a pint. Depends what you want for an evening out.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team