News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'm confused

Author Topic: I'm confused  (Read 1637 times)

Altysmiffy

I'm confused
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:42:07 PM »

Did Tamworth want us relegated or not:-

"Tamworth secretary Russell Moore "has accused the FA of double standards after The Lambs were refused international clearance to play striker Justin Jackson". Moore told the NL Paper, "The rules are utterly ridiculous. It's an absolute nightmare. The FA admitted to me that the whole area is a minefield. There is one rule for one club and one rule for another, consistency has gone out of the window. What happened to Altrincham [who were docked 18 points last season] was absolutely disgusting and then to go and let AFC Wimbledon off, they're just rubbing their noses in it""

As much as I appreciate what he says, were Tamworth saying that this time last year?

Meanwhile......

"Meanwhile Ryman League chairman Alan Turvey is still baffled by the FA decision about AFC Wimbledon. "We don't know how they came up with three points" for a deduction instead of the 18 demanded by the rules. "We need to know where we stand in the future. We can't understand how we can be told we've done everything right and then our decision can be so dramatically overturned". "

Neither can we!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 11:44:59 PM by Altysmiffy »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I'm confused
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:50:32 AM »

It's amazing how people can change there views when it might help them.

Two faced may be a bit strong?

Butty

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:59:24 AM »

"We don't know how they came up with three points" for a deduction instead of the 18 demanded by the rules. "We need to know where we stand in the future. We can't understand how we can be told we've done everything right and then our decision can be so dramatically overturned". "

He says we need to know where we stand in the future, so does that mean he is planning to do it again?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »

Make no mistake about it - last season they wanted us down (because it suited them).
This year, they're trying for the moral high ground by appearing to sympathise with us. >:(
I just hope we can go down there and make the match the final nail in their relegation coffin. ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'm confused