today
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: today  (Read 6367 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
today
« on: August 17, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »

Very poor first half. Decent strike for their goal.

Lot better 2nd half when Clee and Perry came on.

If Lawrie starts on LW infront of a fit Clee i'll scream. its a nonsense.

Missed Richmans energy.
Full time and proud of it

Jenga

Re: today
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 06:27:03 PM »

sounds like LS got it right. Even if Clee was 100% fit, it worked and we won 3-1, assume Clee ripped them apart when he came on against i tiring team in the early part of the season. Can argue his tactics were spot on.

No complaints really.

JDN

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 08:14:56 PM »

Wasn't anything to do with tactics

We were just plain dreadful in the first half

Don't know why Clee didn't start the game, but if it were tactics they were very bad one's

Disaster avoided just, but going forward we need to play for the full 90 minutes - not all opposition will be as poor as Worcester today

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 08:28:50 PM »

4 hour round trip , was it worth it , well the cottage pie was but not the best game ever, second half was better , so.I suppose it was .

joe

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 09:11:16 PM »

We didnt play great but still won which is the sign of a good side. The difference was Clee and Perry especially the latter who put himself about brilliantly and gave their defenders something to think about for the first time in the match. Scored one and made two is a decent debut for a striker alot of fans have written off before a competitive ball was kicked!!

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »

We did well today. Even in the first half we had so many shots and corners, we just didn't get the breaks. The second half was very very easy. Sure, Worcester weren't great, but we did look like a team who will finish sowewhere in the top 3 today and the decision to bring Clee and Perry on when LS did was inspired. More than anything else really, we looked like we had a plan B today and i think that is v encouraging. The only negative for me was Stuart - clearly struggling with his knee, especially obvious when he was kicking.
Welj done to everyone to do with Alty today.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 09:59:42 PM »

Awful first half much better second half made the 3 trains and the met all worthwhile well done Alty
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 10:05:27 PM »

We didnt play great but still won which is the sign of a good side. The difference was Clee and Perry especially the latter who put himself about brilliantly and gave their defenders something to think about for the first time in the match. Scored one and made two is a decent debut for a striker alot of fans have written off before a competitive ball was kicked!!
Spot on I'm not convinced but a quality start

bumble

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »

Nail on head.

So many times over the past two years we've lost or drawn to mediocre sides

3 points is all that matters - Champions and promotion candiates win regardless of performance.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 11:08:24 PM »

We missed Richmans energy in the middle today to close them down like they did to us.

Boshall and Moult are too similar (with Bosh being better at the spraying it round bit)

Thought they had three decent players, 5, 7 and 9 and their whole team were very committed and gave their all, smashed into every tackle and made us start hitting long balls which they lapped up.

After a poor first half our quality shone through, credit to Sinnott for the right subs at the right times that won the match.

It was also good to see us have options and for the first time in a long time I felt that the subs could make a difference.

3-1 away win on the usually dreadful opening day.  Do for me, lets keep it up now and get Barrow beaten.

bumble

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 12:01:23 AM »

We did well today. Even in the first half we had so many shots and corners, we just didn't get the breaks. The second half was very very easy. Sure, Worcester weren't great, but we did look like a team who will finish sowewhere in the top 3 today and the decision to bring Clee and Perry on when LS did was inspired. More than anything else really, we looked like we had a plan B today and i think that is v encouraging. The only negative for me was Stuart - clearly struggling with his knee, especially obvious when he was kicking.
Welj done to everyone to do with Alty today.

It was a very good decision. Many times last season LS/NT brought on subs too late to really impact, but today they got half an hour or so.

Game was cryimg out for clees diirectness to replace Smikels composed nature and Perry was utilized as he should be as when we need to be more direct and physical  (I dont want us to abadon our pass and move football - which will work 70% of the time)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »

Hi guys

Those that were able to go, I hope you enjoyed yourselves, it sounded like you all did. How did Brian Smikle play on his debut?

I know he was substituted but I missed the game on RR after 20mins, as we had to travel to Broughton to see my inlaws. Glad to hear Damien got off the mark, and superb that Kyle scored.

Well done to the team for a great win to kick off the season, looking forward to Tues/Sat now!!

markecky

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

Hi guys

Those that were able to go, I hope you enjoyed yourselves, it sounded like you all did. How did Brian Smikle play on his debut?

I know he was substituted but I missed the game on RR after 20mins, as we had to travel to Broughton to see my inlaws. Glad to hear Damien got off the mark, and superb that Kyle scored.

Well done to the team for a great win to kick off the season, looking forward to Tues/Sat now!!

He had a frustrating afternoon and his lack of pre season certainly showed as he didn't look sharp. He'll be a good player for us I reckon but he'll take a few weeks to settle down.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 10:08:57 AM »

I thought he played well and was unlucky to have been replaced (I would have replaced Lawrie for Clee).  Alty yesterday looked very solid without being very creative.  An even first half with a wonder goal from Glover.  Worcester didn't seem to be a very good side but they did play on the counter attack and close us down quickly in the first half (odd but given our performance last year and being one of the favourites perhaps we have to put up with this attitude from home sides).  Second half they went further and further back not really creating anything.  Clee brought the creativity needed to unlock the defense and Perry was great.  I'm not so sure we would have won by anymore if we would have started with them both.  So nice to see options on the bench.  Well taken goal by Rogers too.  We would have drawn that game in the past.  Odd though that the two best players for Worcester were subbed.

A good positive start
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »

I thought he played well and was unlucky to have been replaced (I would have replaced Lawrie for Clee).  Alty yesterday looked very solid without being very creative.  An even first half with a wonder goal from Glover.  Worcester didn't seem to be a very good side but they did play on the counter attack and close us down quickly in the first half (odd but given our performance last year and being one of the favourites perhaps we have to put up with this attitude from home sides).  Second half they went further and further back not really creating anything.  Clee brought the creativity needed to unlock the defense and Perry was great.  I'm not so sure we would have won by anymore if we would have started with them both.  So nice to see options on the bench.  Well taken goal by Rogers too.  We would have drawn that game in the past.  Odd though that the two best players for Worcester were subbed.

A good positive start

Just felt he didn't get to the byline enough mate and keep checking back which stopped us getting a flow.

On another note, if Nicky Clees volley had gone in it could have been goal of the season.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 today