PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'm having that as a win...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I'm having that as a win...  (Read 6724 times)

Jimmy

Re: I'm having that as a win...
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »

Today more questions than answers

[/quote]Jamie you've gone all johnny Nash on us

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 03:05:30 PM »

robinstockport , says walshaw & perry wont score 10 goals between them , ha ha i hope your not a betting man , walshaw will be top goal scorer .
He'll need to get more than 15% of his shots actually on target before that happens.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 04:40:39 PM »

Walshsaw and Perry won't score 10 between them.
.[/b

I can promise you 100% that they will.

I'm excited by the front four we have, providing nothing odd happens to reeves. They each have different qualities.

Lets see these lads in proper games when the business starts.

And all ten of those goals will be scored by Walshaw...!

My first sighting of Perry in an Alty shirt yesterday and all I can say is that I sincerely hope that he has far more to offer us when the new league season starts than he exhibited during his pedestrian performance against that Burnley XI.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »

.[/b

I'm excited by the front four we have, providing nothing odd happens to reeves. They each have different qualities.

My first sighting of Perry in an Alty shirt yesterday and all I can say is that I sincerely hope that he has far more to offer us when the new league season starts than he exhibited during his pedestrian performance against that Burnley XI.

Probably be a bit fairer to give him a few competitive games than to write him off after 45 minutes of a friendly to be honest but each to their own.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 06:04:52 PM »

.[/b

Probably be a bit fairer to give him a few competitive games than to write him off after 45 minutes of a friendly to be honest but each to their own.

Ecky,

I've not written him off by any means but I was just hoping for far more positive signs from him than I witnessed yesterday.

I was even disappointed not to see any of his trademark falling to the ground moves to win us a few free kicks!

To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced that employing a 'big target man' up front actually suits our style of play.

Playing Ben Mills in that role last season seemed to disrupt our effectiveness rather than enhance it.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 06:24:55 PM »

I think ls will mainly use walshaw in front of perry who I would think will be plan b from the bench

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »

Plan B?  We havent had a plan B for years. The future is looking bright.

Friendlies are just that. They are used to get ready for competitive games. They generally do not involve stupid running up and down the wings, rash tackles, lunges or suicidal challenges.

They are used for fitness, to get to know each other, to gel as a team and be ready for the 17th.

bumble

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »

.[/b

Ecky,

I've not written him off by any means but I was just hoping for far more positive signs from him than I witnessed yesterday.

I was even disappointed not to see any of his trademark falling to the ground moves to win us a few free kicks!

To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced that employing a 'big target man' up front actually suits our style of play.

Playing Ben Mills in that role last season seemed to disrupt our effectiveness rather than enhance it.

Because we tended to start with Mills

Perry is plan B - Workington away, Barrow away, Solihull away

for awful pitches when we cant pass a side off the pitch - also he can be used to hold up the ball in last 10-15 to secure up the game

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »

Lots of talk about a plan b yet we scored 100 goals my plan would be to continue with plan A but bring on someone simalar

JDN

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 11:16:41 PM »

Lots of talk about a plan b yet we scored 100 goals my plan would be to continue with plan A but bring on someone simalar
exactly Jimmy

but we spent all pre season trying plan b

bighairedmike

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »

We all know plan A works. So why not use pre-season to try alternatives and see how they hold.up. Its all well and good passing sh*thouse outfits off the park and scoring 6 a game, but when the going gets tough and we need to roll our sleeves up and battle to get the extra goal we have been shown that a pretty passing game doesn't always work. Bringing on someone like Perry (not saying he is amazing or awful at this point) is the type of muscle we need. Workington in both games last year was a case in point, as was Brackley and many others. Barcelona have shown that you can't always out-football a side and win. We need the different dimensions.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 11:45:29 PM »

We cannot persevere with last season's Plan A I don't think (just a personal view)

A good number of our goals, I believe, resulted from Duncan getting the ball, cutting huge holes in opposition defences and either scoring or wreaking so much havoc that space opened up for others to score.

Admittedly we played some magnificent stuff where we passed teams off the park and there have been signs of that sort of football during the latter pre season fixtures particularly, but we have, IMHO, had to develop different ways to score with different players having different attributes

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 06:40:17 AM »

That's a fair point phil with Duncan gone

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 09:16:31 AM »

Perry will be a very useful addition to our armoury on a heavy pitch at somewhere like Barrow in midwinter. He's not going to be the answer in a passing team most times.   

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »

I think all indications are that Perry will start with Reeves
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'm having that as a win...