PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'm having that as a win...
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I'm having that as a win...  (Read 6725 times)

markecky

« on: August 10, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »

Very enjoyable game, thought we played some lovely stuff at times. 

Confirmed what we all know in that Adam Reid isn't up to it sadly, plenty of time for him though as a young lad but couldn't start a serious game.

Results mean nowt in pre season of course but it was pleasing see a few different combinations and a comeback.

I thought that Smikle showed enough to sign him and he'll get better when he knows the lads.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: I'm having that as a win...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »

Have to agree Adam not up to it yet , missed so many chances today how Perry and especially Walshaw didn't put there chances away I don't know , but a good confidence builder for the opening game next Saturday .

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »

Thought Junior Smikle got into some good positions and passed the ball intelligently.

Hope the new signings of Perry and walshaw know where the net is from next week. Williams had a decent game and I hope we sign goalkeeping cover for Stuart.

Looking forward to the start of the season

JDN

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »

My concern is that we look long way ready for the start of the season

Today more questions than answers

Started today with the strongest team he had available, but they were poor. 4 or 5 changes in second half and we looked much better

So I not really sure where we go from here? Walshaw and Lawrie up front?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

Started today with the strongest team he had available, but they were poor. 4 or 5 changes in second half and we looked much better

thought rodgers, smikle and walshaw played well , i would bring a  keeper in on loan for next week

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »

Keeper needed. Walshsaw and Perry won't score 10 between them.

If i was a Burnley fan I'd be worried.
Full time and proud of it

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 08:34:43 PM »

Positives, Williams did well second half at LB (he's better at LB than CB) where Scott did well second half, Smikle looks an intelligent player but will need time to acclimatise and I'm pleased he has signed up, he played some lovely passes today. Moult has been excellent in pre-season and when we stepped things up second half we started to move the ball well. I think we can now see that Perry will be on the bench mainly, I think he will start with Walshaw/Reevesy upfront and maybe Lawrie on right. I'd go with Moult and Rodgers in CM for the more physical games and Bosh in the tighter games as he is a calming influence, the rest of the places are obvious. At least we are starting this season with a settled and reasonably solid defence.

A good workout and we were clearly a much fitter side than the full time Burnley lads second half, who played some lovely stuff first half and harrassed our CM's into errors which lead to both of their goals, but apart from that we created a host of chances, especially when they tired second half. With Simon out a while we do need Smikle to help us make a better start this season so he and Nicky can swop flanks when we need to unlock stubborn defences.

Pre-season results dont matter at all, what does matter is that we seem to have a very fit and settled squad that know how to play. Sure, it wont be easy, it never is, and we will struggle to get our form going some games, but we seem to have a lot more scope and options now. I think we will see less goals scored and less conceded this year, could be a quite a few more 1-0's than we are used to I suspect.

Jamie,...take a chill pill.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:41:21 PM by PukkaPieman »

markecky

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »

I can promise you 100% that they will.

I'm excited by the front four we have, providing nothing odd happens to reeves. They each have different qualities.

Lets see these lads in proper games when the business starts.

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 09:03:57 PM »

I'm excited by the front four we have, providing nothing odd happens to reeves. They each have different qualities.

Dont be daft, lets write them off now, we are Alty remember.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 09:10:28 PM »

Junior Smikle has agreed terms with the club and should sign on Tuesday,so it is not yet a done deal until then. l am glad that the finance aspect has been agreed as that could have been a stumbling block, my only other worry was his geographical location which I assumed to be the midlands, from his former clubs.

Very pleased about this signing, with the possibility of Dennis Irwins son being a possible useful addition; this will be a very strong side and I would be extremely happy with our signings and cant wait for the season to start. Would sooner Junior have signed today rather than Tuesday, but so long as he does sign I am happy. Well done Lee and the board, particularly enjoyed the last two games and with team, it aint over till its over!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 12:10:07 AM »

Do you know that was the strongest side we started with or is that YOUR Strongest side?

Having the resources to change it is good and we can also, if required, select different starting line ups to compete against differing opponents depending on the strengths of those opponents.

Some tweaking needs doing - hope Stuart fit for Saturday but generally happy

Just wondering however why you would leave Reeves out?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 02:58:39 AM »

Today more questions thaan answers

Do you know that was the strongest side we started with or is that YOUR Strongest side?

Having the resources to change it is good and we can also, if required, select different starting line ups to compete against differing opponents depending on the strengths of those opponents.

Some tweaking needs doing - hope Stuart fit for Saturday but generally happy

Just wondering however why you would leave Reeves out?

Tbf Phil I think bar stu (and possibly leather), that will be the same team that starts at Worcester. Whether I agree is a different matter. Reeves starts no matter what. He can do nothing for 95 minutes,but still bangs a brace,he is one of them players. Personally, I'd start lawrie at Worcester,but smikle at barrow.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:07 AM »

robinstockport , says walshaw & perry wont score 10 goals between them , ha ha i hope your not a betting man , walshaw will be top goal scorer .

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »

robinstockport , says walshaw & perry wont score 10 goals between them , ha ha i hope your not a betting man , walshaw will be top goal scorer .

If Walshaw is top scorer and Reeves gets another 40 goals this season, I would turn into a betting man and bet we would win the league !!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »

I think having won 2-1 away at Sheffield Wednesday yesterday they won't be overly worried if their 'development squad' gets beat at Alty/
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team